Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 09:44:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cukur gone!  (Read 5016 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Cukur gone!
« Reply #30 on January 11, 2022, 03:11:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
My sentiments exactly DBR, there's no point in any malice towards the lad, he came, he saw, he never conquered any part of of his game whilst playing for us.

For me, he needs to up his fitness levels a lot, he is a big lad, and he showed (although not many times) if he gets his body in front of defenders, he could hold them off, he's a strong lad, he just didn't apply that strength to his advantage often enough.
One of his biggest failings for me was that when he lost the ball to a defender, he let them run away from him without making any effort to chase them down.
Anyway, that's in the past now, I wish the lad the best of luck in the English game, but unless he changes his desire to make things happen for himself on the pitch, he's gonna need it.

Yes, I just think he didn't have enough speed off the mark or speed of thought to make up for it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 11, 2022, 03:44:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Only four players have scored a winning goal for us in the league this season - and two of them (Vilca and Cukur) have left. As it stands only Rowe and Olowu have scored a winning goal. A left back and a centre back.

Lets be honest, the ball was going in anyway before Cukur tapped it in. :laugh:

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 11, 2022, 04:16:27 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I wish the lad no malice. He was thrust into men's football without many of the tools to cope with it. Plus playing more games than was ever expected on top of his own physical problems. Let's also acknowledge, there wasn't much here for him to be inspired by and learn from.

I very much doubt he will ever reach the standards required of a pro footballer in the English Leagues and will be very surprised if he gets another loan spell.

The rumour is you had to pay the referee of the Bournemouth Sheff united half for fixing it somehow united lost

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 11, 2022, 04:27:47 pm by Retdon1 »
Worst player we’ve had for a long time. Who ever scouted him needs to look for another job

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 11, 2022, 04:32:43 pm by mushRTID »
Just read on twitter that he’s on 8k a week! Surely to god not!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 11, 2022, 05:45:25 pm by Donnywolf »
Right up there with Harry Worley as the most inept loan signing, though don’t recall doubting Worley’s heart or effort, just his basic ability.

... funnily enough when I read your post it saved me posting exactly that

Who remembers Worleys free kick at Saltergate I wonder

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 11, 2022, 06:14:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The future is not very bright for Turkey if he gets in their under 21s team

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 11, 2022, 07:12:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
Right up there with Harry Worley as the most inept loan signing, though don’t recall doubting Worley’s heart or effort, just his basic ability.

You forgotten Tomi Ameobi?

Ameobi definitely struggled with us, but he wasn’t a loanee. We had signed him on a year contract.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 11, 2022, 08:40:46 pm by normal rules »
I refuse to accept the young aspect defence of this lad.
He is a big lump and fit.
I never once saw him use this to his advantage. Period.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 12, 2022, 02:43:32 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Maybe as he gets older he will learn how to use his size to his advantage . A guy of his size has to stay in shape otherwise he will struggle. Good luck to him, didn’t work out here for him.

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 12, 2022, 07:40:13 am by Big MAC »
I just think he is ahead of his time, there’s lots of calls to ban heading due to brain issues in later life, so by not ever heading a ball, or even bothering to jump he won’t have to unlearn it later in his career!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 12, 2022, 10:02:58 am by ravenrover »
He could well be a star amongst his age group but certainly not against the hairy arsed defenders in L1

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 12, 2022, 01:07:00 pm by Metalmicky »
He could well be a star amongst his age group but certainly not against the hairy arsed defenders in L1

Yet...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 12, 2022, 01:47:24 pm by ravenrover »
I thought we were talking about the here and now MM not potential for the future, we didn't see much of any potential did we?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 12, 2022, 01:51:48 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I just think he is ahead of his time, there’s lots of calls to ban heading due to brain issues in later life, so by not ever heading a ball, or even bothering to jump he won’t have to unlearn it later in his career!

they said martin peters was 10 years ahead of his time as a player  but Gary Lineker was 30 years ahead in realising the dangers of heading a ball and he also did his bit for the environment by never getting booked thus saving ink in the refs pen

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 13, 2022, 10:54:05 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Has to be the worst footballer i think i've ever seen. I'm pleased he's finally gone because he was unproductive and his languid style and lack of effort i felt rubbed off on the team, but I wish him luck for his future career. I am 100% certain that he'll need it.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 11:05:52 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 13, 2022, 11:06:23 pm by Draytonian III »
Has to be the worst footballer i think i've ever seen, but to be diplomatic, i'm pleased he's finally gone and wish him luck for his future career. I think he'll need it.

That’s a very bold statement, myself and others could challenge you on that

TinyPortal © 2005-2012