Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:34:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordy Hiwula  (Read 10385 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Jordy Hiwula
« Reply #30 on January 04, 2022, 11:53:16 am by MachoMadness »
Hiwula is one you feel we could actually move on given his pre-Rovers record.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 04, 2022, 11:56:08 am by roversdude »
Makes Curtis Main look hyperactive

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 04, 2022, 03:56:04 pm by Canadian Rover »
At least he's united the fans in one thing!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 04, 2022, 04:09:06 pm by danumdon »
Mr Hiwula needs to have a good and long think about what he's doing and where he wants to take it, this from a player who most of us on here welcomed as a good acquisition and someone who had credit in the bank to make a difference to our side.

That he is now parading as a footballer brings the trade descriptions act into disrepute.

I've seen the very same guy run through our defence, at speed and with good control and score goals, all the things that seemed to have completely dissapeared from his game. We were all hoping it was a personality thing with RW going off but even that can now be disregarded.

What a waste, hate to think how much in hock we are for this now.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 04, 2022, 04:24:57 pm by MachoMadness »
I wonder if he's not fit, being played because we simply have no one else. Either that or his lungs can't handle our great northern air.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 04, 2022, 04:25:26 pm by jmt23 »
I hate to be the voice of reason, as he clearly has not performed as he and we expected. GMc knows this, and is looking at ways to get the best from him.
I just think he is absolutely shot of all confidence, im not sure many picked up on the way he reacted when there was a goal line clearance at home - can't remember the game. He was devastated, to the point a few team mates were trying to console him - I could be wrong but I thought at the time, this is a player who is struggling mentally.

I think he just needs time, and it is unfortunate that we don't have that luxury this season.

I get fans are hurting but to solo him out and make him the fall guy is wrong, not a chance he will get any better with this type of assassination. I strongly doubt he is doing any of this on purpose.

Djoftherovers2

« Reply #36 on January 04, 2022, 04:29:39 pm by Djoftherovers2 »
I have a friend who is a Portsmouth fan and he said when we signed him what the hell are we doing, he was by the sounds of it exactly the same there, showed no interest at all.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 04, 2022, 04:43:06 pm by danumdon »
I hate to be the voice of reason, as he clearly has not performed as he and we expected. GMc knows this, and is looking at ways to get the best from him.
I just think he is absolutely shot of all confidence, im not sure many picked up on the way he reacted when there was a goal line clearance at home - can't remember the game. He was devastated, to the point a few team mates were trying to console him - I could be wrong but I thought at the time, this is a player who is struggling mentally.

I think he just needs time, and it is unfortunate that we don't have that luxury this season.

I get fans are hurting but to solo him out and make him the fall guy is wrong, not a chance he will get any better with this type of assassination. I strongly doubt he is doing any of this on purpose.

See i can't get my head around this mental health issue that gets bandied around very easily these days.

It must of been his mental toughness that got him to the level where he was prior to us, now we know people can have an off day but this has been a constant, I'm leaning towards him carrying some sort of injury

Before the right on crowd dive in, we are aware of real mental health issues in society and the blight on peoples lives it creates. 

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 04, 2022, 04:43:53 pm by Batleyred »

Very well put and I could not agree more.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 04, 2022, 04:53:27 pm by StocksArmy »
Its nothing to do with mental health, its about not believing in the team around you and those not believing in them in return and therefore the supporters not believing in any of them. Tis why we are in the sh!t.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 04, 2022, 05:14:35 pm by Spud »

While I get this & it's a possibility, there does seem a lack of effort too, surely he's not been unfit the whole season?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 04, 2022, 05:39:10 pm by roversdude »
Mr Hiwula needs to have a good and long think about what he's doing and where he wants to take it, this from a player who most of us on here welcomed as a good acquisition and someone who had credit in the bank to make a difference to our side.

That he is now parading as a footballer brings the trade descriptions act into disrepute.

I've seen the very same guy run through our defence, at speed and with good control and score goals, all the things that seemed to have completely dissapeared from his game. We were all hoping it was a personality thing with RW going off but even that can now be disregarded.

What a waste, hate to think how much in hock we are for this now.

That’s the frustrating thing don-we know he can play

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 04, 2022, 05:59:41 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s scored against us a few times over the years at Walsall etc.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 05, 2022, 02:11:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
GM seems a patient bloke, as you would expect from a coach, so you would expect he-ll be working with him to find out whether it's a physical thing or a mental thing, or indeed both.

It's so frustrating for everyone when you see him making similar errors, poor control, then sometimes over elaborating when the simplist thing to do is play a simple pass or shoot.

There are occasions when he has done things right, so we know there's more in him than what we're getting at the mo, so it's a case of keep searching for the key that unlocks the door.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 05, 2022, 02:55:10 pm by roversdude »
In all honesty his form dipped after RW told him he wasn’t a circus act and then he got injured too

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 05, 2022, 10:44:39 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Has he had covid?, he could be suffering with after effects.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 06, 2022, 11:13:40 am by Campsall rover »
Well I doubt it as plays a full game virtually every match.  Not sure plays is the right word.

If he was suffering with long Covid you would expect him to be getting subbed far more often than he is.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 06, 2022, 11:35:57 am by drfchound »
I can’t be sure here but I seem to recall it being said that Hiwula had had covid and that he hadn’t fully recovered from it.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 06, 2022, 12:18:55 pm by Move DRFC »
Is it covid's fault his feet turn into trampolines every time someone passes him the togger

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 06, 2022, 01:04:28 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Long covid does really effect you. If he has that then he is doing well to even be on the pitch.
It’s frustrating because he is a player I always liked the look of at other clubs. Maybe if he gets a goal then his confidence will improve and he will show the ability he has.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 06, 2022, 02:28:42 pm by jmt23 »
The real answer is more likely all of the above, he is out of form, trying too hard, very low on confidence playing in a very poor team that is unlikely to create chances to help him, as they also need the help.
I feel he will come good eventually, we have just got to hope he gets one in of his bum or something.
He is not a hard working, getting back, making tackles type of player, so laying the lazy tag on him, as people did with one of the best players I have ever seen at DRFC ( Taylor Richards) is not great form.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 09, 2022, 12:02:42 am by StocksArmy »
Can not keep getting a shirt. That touch today before he was subbed just summed him up.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 09, 2022, 12:36:26 am by eastender »
I think I caught Rovid today , after watching that today I'm feeling the after effects tonight.... Lifeless , Effortless and couldn't give a Fckless.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 09, 2022, 07:22:39 am by mushRTID »
Can not keep getting a shirt. That touch today before he was subbed just summed him up.

That has to be one of the worst touches ever seen on a football pitch.
Seemed to have loads of space, literally bounced off him 10 yards.

In general, I think rovers fans are fairly patient with players and getting on their backs. Especially at games. Yesterday people had enough at the sheer incompetence of Hiwula. Stinking signing.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 09, 2022, 08:37:38 am by EasyforDennis »
One incident that was very noticeable was when there was an interruption in play and all the players came over to the manager except Hiwula who just stood in the centre circle staring at the Fleetwood fans.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 09, 2022, 08:57:11 am by Filo »
One incident that was very noticeable was when there was an interruption in play and all the players came over to the manager except Hiwula who just stood in the centre circle staring at the Fleetwood fans.

Yes, forgot about that, thought it strange at the time, another incident was when he tackled himself in the centre circle. For some reason or other his head is not in the game and at present he’s stealing a wage big time

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on January 09, 2022, 09:15:54 am by drfchound »

I noticed that too E4D.
The lad must be having some serious mental issues.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 09, 2022, 09:25:26 am by The Beast »
It’s a strange one, he’s been at Man City and represented England at youth level, so he’s been an elite performer in the past. Something has gone wrong, has he had an injury that he’s never got over? Has he got long Covid? Has he got depression or something, lost all is confidence? Is he just not fit, your touch goes when you’re not match fit? Or is it just playing for a team where you’re under the cosh all the time, he’s a confidence player, needs feeding, no fight can’t dig in?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 09, 2022, 09:26:57 am by Chris Black come back »
Booing him off the pitch when he got subbed is unlikely to be the balm to salve all his current woes, whatever they might be.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 09, 2022, 09:30:27 am by Donnybax »
I must admit I was very surprised GM started him. He questioned the mentality of some in the week, I think it was pretty obvious he was alluding to Hiwula and yet he still starts

TinyPortal © 2005-2012