Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:27:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When a Government...  (Read 22646 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Re: When a Government...
« Reply #60 on November 09, 2023, 10:38:28 pm by belton rover »
Stephen King has a son called Joe.
I’m not joking.
But he is.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 09, 2023, 11:24:53 pm by selby »
They promise the world deliver nothing and then put up taxes and spend other peoples money until it runs out.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on November 09, 2023, 11:46:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They promise the world deliver nothing and then put up taxes and spend other peoples money until it runs out.

Well, they'll be booted out next year, so onwards and upwards, eh?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 10, 2023, 06:22:38 am by SydneyRover »
A metaphor for the government and privatisation ...........

''Thames Water pumped at least 72bn litres of sewage into Thames since 2020''

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/nov/10/thames-water-pumped-sewage-into-thames

that's the last time I'll believe what tony robinson says

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on November 10, 2023, 03:13:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They really haven't got a clue what they are doing have they?

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1722763335622427092

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on December 04, 2023, 08:14:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Another bit of lashing out that a Government does when it has lost any sense of purpose.

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1731722671052792004

It smacks in the face one of the most successful export industries that Britain has. Our universities punch massively above their weight worldwide and the economy gets a boost of about £40bn per year because of overseas students signing up for degree courses.

Now the Govt is taking pride in telling bigots in Boston that we will insist on overseas students leaving their wives and kids at home if they want to have the privilege of paying us several  £10s of thousands a year to buy into our courses.

Every time you think they've scraped the bottom of the barrel in their stupid nastiness, they dig a little bit deeper.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 04, 2023, 08:23:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ it gets worse.

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1731722660256665864

"Please come and wipe the shitty arses of our racist old folk, but if you do, you must live alone."

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 04, 2023, 08:27:46 pm by drfchound »
Christ it gets worse.

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1731722660256665864

"Please come and wipe the shitty arses of our racist old folk, but if you do, you must live alone."

You really should be more respectful towards old people bst.
Why are you always suggesting they are racist.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 04, 2023, 08:33:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And to put the icing on the cake of their unhinged nastiness, get this.

A British citizen, falling in love with and marrying a foreigner, will not be able to bring their spouse to the UK unless their income is in the top 27% in the country.

I've had to double and triple check that because it is evil beyond anything that I thought they were capable of. But apparently that is what they are doing.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 04, 2023, 09:17:39 pm by ncRover »
This is short sighted madness from the Tories

Migrants must earn over £38k before coming to the UK?!

How many current and projected skill shortages fall under that £38k threshold?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 04, 2023, 09:30:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Unfortunately the gov't is on 'spot fire' duty and has been for a while with no coherent long term stable plan for investment, growth and training.

16 February 2022

''In October, Boris Johnson pledged a shift towards a “high-wage, high-skill, high-productivity economy” amid falling real wages and a rising cost of living. And it is true that, in theory, the post-pandemic economy could be an opportunity for a skills revolution, with workers upgrading to fill the high-skilled occupations of the “levelled-up” green economy.

But labour market economists say the data reveals a different picture. Early figures suggest that those in low-skill, low-pay work are struggling to move into higher-paid roles, and the current infrastructure for adult education and retraining is falling far short of what is needed''

https://www.newstatesman.com/spotlight/economic-growth/skills/2022/02/boris-johnsons-plan-for-high-wage-high-skill-britain-is-falling-short

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on December 04, 2023, 09:31:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not only migrants NC.

Apparently if a British citizen married to a non-Briton and living and working overseas wants to return to the UK, they can only bring their spouse if they earn more than £38k.

I'm struggling to believe even this bunch of shit for souls could stoop that low to satisfy their racist supporters, but I've seen that reported by several people who don't tend to get this sort of thing wrong.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on December 04, 2023, 09:39:50 pm by ncRover »
Not only migrants NC.

Apparently if a British citizen married to a non-Briton and living and working overseas wants to return to the UK, they can only bring their spouse if they earn more than £38k.

I'm struggling to believe even this bunch of shit for souls could stoop that low to satisfy their racist supporters, but I've seen that reported by several people who don't tend to get this sort of thing wrong.

Disgusting.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on December 04, 2023, 09:42:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I know the usual crew on here won't accept this, but I genuinely hope that is a misreading of the actual policy. I'm struggling to imagine that any UK Govt could be that vicious and heartless and I'd be delighted if I've misunderstood it.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 05, 2023, 03:14:26 pm by turnbull for england »
Granted there's no link but from posts on twitter looks like you can put a price on love

Clarification from Home Office that the £38,000 income threshold for UK citizens wishing to bring a spouse applies to "the income from the UK-based partner" NOT joint income. Concern this effectively means only those among the top 25% of earners can afford to marry a foreigner

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 05, 2023, 03:37:21 pm by normal rules »
Not only migrants NC.

surely if a brit cit married a foreign national overseas, then that new partner would apply for british citizenship? thereby avoiding the need for this nonsense.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on December 05, 2023, 04:39:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not only migrants NC.

surely if a brit cit married a foreign national overseas, then that new partner would apply for british citizenship? thereby avoiding the need for this nonsense.

Why should they?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 05, 2023, 07:02:08 pm by belton rover »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?
If I fell in love with someone from another country and wanted to share my life with them in that country, then I would embrace citizenship of that country, if that was the requirement for me to do so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on December 05, 2023, 07:14:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?
If I fell in love with someone from another country and wanted to share my life with them in that country, then I would embrace citizenship of that country, if that was the requirement for me to do so.

Actually, you wouldn't if your spouse earned less that £38k and that country was ours.

One of the requirements for taking UK citizenship through marriage is that you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years. But this Govt has just made it illegal for someone to bring their non-UK spouse to the UK if they earn less than £38k. So they cannot meet the residency requirement.

This is very personal for me. It means my father-in-law would not have been allowed to live in this country, and as a result, I'd never have met my wife.

All because of these Kitsons, pandering to racist Kitsons.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 07:18:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on December 05, 2023, 07:19:12 pm by belton rover »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

Actually, you wouldn't if your spouse earned less that £38k and that country was ours.

One of the requirements for taking UK citizenship through marriage is that you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years. But this Govt has just made it illegal for someone to bring their non-UK spouse to the UK if they earn less than £38k.

That’s a different argument to your ‘why should they?’ question that I responded to.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 05, 2023, 07:46:14 pm by ncRover »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

One of the requirements for taking UK citizenship through marriage is that you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years. But this Govt has just made it illegal for someone to bring their non-UK spouse to the UK if they earn less than £38k. So they cannot meet the residency requirement.

This is very personal for me. It means my father-in-law would not have been allowed to live in this country, and as a result, I'd never have met my wife.

All because of these Kitsons, pandering to racist Kitsons.

More importantly Billy, I wonder if Mo Faal’s parent(s) were earning 38k when they came to England?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 05, 2023, 07:55:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

One of the requirements for taking UK citizenship through marriage is that you have to be resident in the UK for 3 years. But this Govt has just made it illegal for someone to bring their non-UK spouse to the UK if they earn less than £38k.

That’s a different argument to your ‘why should they?’ question that I responded to.

I stand by that.

Why should a person be forced to choose between a person they love and a country that they may love, just because a bunch of Kitsons are pandering to racist Kitsons?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 05, 2023, 07:59:32 pm by drfchound »
Australia has very strict rules on immigration into their country.
Maybe syd can enlighten us with things which might prevent Aus residents bringing loved ones into the country.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 05, 2023, 08:48:49 pm by belton rover »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

I stand by that.

Why should a person be forced to choose between a person they love and a country that they may love, just because a bunch of Kitsons are pandering to racist Kitsons?

Billy, I know you are probably emotionally driven by this, but your blanket racism accusations are uncalled for.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 05, 2023, 08:52:20 pm by drfchound »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

I stand by that.

Billy, I know you are probably emotionally driven by this, but your blanket racism accusations are uncalled for.

Come on belton, at least he didn't say shitty old racist folk like he did recently.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 05, 2023, 09:00:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not only migrants NC.

Why should they?

I stand by that.

Why else do you think they are doing it?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 05, 2023, 09:08:00 pm by scawsby steve »
For anyone to say that elderly infirm residents in care homes are racists is beyond reprehensible.

I can't believe what I read on here at times.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 05, 2023, 09:12:09 pm by belton rover »
I imagine they are doing it to change the way immigration works in Britain, which was a big focus of Brexit.
I don’t agree with it, by the way, but I imagine that’s why they are doing it.
I also think that there will be many people who would be happy to see such stricter rules in place who aren’t racist.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 05, 2023, 09:13:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For anyone to say that elderly infirm residents in care homes are racists is beyond reprehensible.

I can't believe what I read on here at times.

Poll after poll after poll shows that the largest group by far who want to reduce immigration is over 65s.

I commented last night on the bitter irony that the very people who need immigrants to service the care sector are also the very people who support this rancid Government when they say those immigrants have to live without their families.

I said that attitude was "I'm fine for you to wipe my shitty arse as long as you accept having to live without your family."

Explain to me where the logic breaks down there. And why that isn't the very definition of racism.

Interesting that you think pointing out that fact is beyond reprehensible SS, but you haven't a word of criticism for the disgusting policies themselves.

PS. I do not say these things lightly. But there's a reason why this awful Government is enacting these measures. It's because they know that's how they whip up their support. And it's a fact that their support comes predominantly from pensioners. I do not, of course, think that all pensioners are racist. But I fail to see how anyone can support these policies and claim not to be racist.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 09:24:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on December 05, 2023, 09:15:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Belton.
 Run it by me how someone could bar a British citizen living with the foreign person they have committed their life to because they earned less than the top 27% of earners in the country, without being racist?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 09:17:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012