Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:10:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Seeing as though relegation..........  (Read 1409 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Seeing as though relegation..........
« on April 11, 2012, 07:31:03 am by Nudga »
is a near certainty now, I think we should start making our league one plans right now. I think we should release ALL of the loanees and save the £2k per player a week wages and let some of the kids get some game time. It's gonna save us a few more quid and it will let DS have a look at some of the more promising youngsters.
I have accepted the fact that we are more than likely to go down and I am actually looking forward to
next season already, just as long as DRFC get their house in order and start doing things properly with a solid plan.
I want to see us go for the better lower league players again, which served us so well in winning the JPT and then promotion. I never understood why we stopped doing this in the first place. Peterbro' took a chance on non league players such as Mackail-Smith and McClean so they have proved it can work.
We picked up the likes of Wellens, Hayter, O'Connor, Heffernan and Coppinger over the years so we proved that we can attract good lower league players.
I do think we need to get rid of quite a few players in the summer because the rot has set in so we need a new positive mind set.
This isn't intended to come across as a negative post, far from it. We need to turn this aweful season into a positive now and give ourselves a few more weeks to prepare for next season and get a head start.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Seeing as though relegation..........
« Reply #1 on April 11, 2012, 08:37:27 am by DearneValleyRover »
Totally agree Nudga, a change in personnel is definately needed to free us from the negative mindset. Fresh start, let's get our house in order.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 11, 2012, 08:59:40 am by The Red Baron »
When I heard the line-up on Monday I thought we HAD cut all of the short-term players. I agree that we need to rebuild and the answer for next season is not big-name has-beens but young, hungry players from the lower leagues. There may be a couple in our Youth side who are worth a look, too.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 11, 2012, 09:03:17 am by ditch_drfc »
Totally agree with your post. I think we need to start playing the players that will make the team in League 1. Although I do think that's why we had 9 changes in Mondays squad. It's been good whilst it lasted, but let's prepare for next season.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 11, 2012, 12:25:43 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
Whilst it would save us 2k a week on the surface, we would still need to pay them severance pay for releasing them.

However, not playing them would get rid of any goal bonuses/appearance bonuses etc.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 11, 2012, 04:24:57 pm by RedJ »
Whilst it would save us 2k a week on the surface, we would still need to pay them severance pay for releasing them.

However, not playing them would get rid of any goal bonuses/appearance bonuses etc.

why if they're loans? do you still have to do that?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 11, 2012, 05:56:55 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I doubt Plessis' club (if he exists) would just allow us to wipe 2k a week off of a contract that we have agreed for another 4 weeks. All depends on the terms of the contract.

Its just like any business, if you take out a 12 month phone contract you cant just stop it, you need to pay of the remaining line rental etc.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 11, 2012, 06:12:45 pm by RedJ »
I doubt Plessis' club (if he exists) would just allow us to wipe 2k a week off of a contract that we have agreed for another 4 weeks. All depends on the terms of the contract.

Its just like any business, if you take out a 12 month phone contract you cant just stop it, you need to pay of the remaining line rental etc.

in that case would it work the other way if a club recalled their man early? I thought I got the rules on loans until this season :laugh:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012