Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:58:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: adam lockwood  (Read 5075 times)

bobbymax

• VSC Member
Re: adam lockwood
« Reply #30 on April 10, 2012, 10:26:04 am by bobbymax »
Well I think Mr Lockwood's performance yesterday gave a good indication of why he should not be offered a new deal. Slower than a dead tortoise, continually outjumped and gave the ball to the opposition more often than a team-mate. Sam Hird, on the other hand, was reliable as ever and just needs a strong centre-half alongside him.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 10, 2012, 01:53:48 pm by bobjimwilly »
Can't believe you just called Lockwood as best player yesterday. When did you decide that, before or after he gave the penalty away?
The OP was on the 8th (Sun), so I think he was referring to the Leicester game?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 10, 2012, 02:05:33 pm by donnyroversfc »
Adam Lockwod has NEVER been a championship quality centre back, surprised we stuck with him for so long.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 10, 2012, 04:15:58 pm by ditch_drfc »
Can't believe you just called Lockwood as best player yesterday. When did you decide that, before or after he gave the penalty away?
The OP was on the 8th (Sun), so I think he was referring to the Leicester game?

aha, right didn't realise. Still he's been a shocking player over the last year. He's awful. I can't understand as well, why when he's defending from corners he feels the need to jump all over the player he's defending

MrBenn

« Reply #34 on April 10, 2012, 04:22:27 pm by MrBenn »
id rather have Wayne Thomas and Denis Souza playing at centre half. Lockwood was good.....when he played for yeovil in league 2

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 10, 2012, 07:34:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Lockwood isn't rubbish but he's a league 1 standard player IMO.  He needs someone with a bit of pace near him though.  I like how much effort he puts in though and you can't knock that.  Yeah he makes some mistakes but everyone does, he was gutted about the pen yesterday, but he made a mistake, you can't knock a guy for that we all do it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 10, 2012, 07:49:07 pm by The Red Baron »
I wouldn't knock him over the penalty at all. In fact, I expected to see a red brandished because if he hadn't made the challenge the Burnley bloke was clean in on goal.

His lack of pace is a real problem at this level but I think he could do a job for us in League One. However, as I keep saying, I think we need as much fresh blood as possible and I wouldn't offer him a new deal. Good servant to DRFC though.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 11, 2012, 03:30:09 am by RoversAlias »
Lockwood is a solid, experienced player to have and I hope he remains as a squad player at least next season. He'll be fine in League One. He just doesn't have the legs for this division.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 11, 2012, 05:55:52 pm by donnievic »
Would definaltly keep him next season,yes he is not the quickest but would says he is a no nonesense defender whoalways gives 100% and in league 1 should decent,similiar to greame Lee really,with him Hird Friend and Martis i don't think it would be that bad to pick any for a centre back pairing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012