Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:54:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trouble outside stadium  (Read 13551 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Trouble outside stadium
« on April 08, 2017, 05:07:54 pm by Nudga »
What's going off?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Trouble outside stadium
« Reply #1 on April 08, 2017, 05:13:17 pm by MrFrost »
Probably the Mansfield fans who've just trashed the away end. Smashing advertise boards in front of the police who just stood there.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 08, 2017, 05:18:53 pm by PDX_Rover »
I imagine if that had happened at Mansfield, Notts finest would have waded in...

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 08, 2017, 05:29:15 pm by duggiesmyhero »
police caused the shot outside by letting Mansfield idiots go where they wanted,  South Yorkshire police are shit, if that was us away we'd have been shepherd away from the ground on mass

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 08, 2017, 05:34:26 pm by Filo »
Looked like the bother inside kicked off between themselves, then they turned on the Stewards, one steward got ambushed behind the goal when a scab jumped over the wall and pounced on him

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 08, 2017, 05:42:33 pm by ian1980 »
The away fans made their way round to the outside of the east stand and it all kicked off on the large grassed area near the mounds. That's were all the stewards and police ran to.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 08, 2017, 05:55:27 pm by glosterred »
With the lap of honour taking so long, it gave plenty of time for it to settle down before the Rovers fans left.

COYR

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 08, 2017, 06:02:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
With the lap of honour taking so long, it gave plenty of time for it to settle down before the Rovers fans left.

COYR

but  even after the lap of honour the police were still trying to send Rovers fans up the alley because the Mansfield idiots were  the other way ermm my cars down there, and even if I could manage to walk all the way round as you suggest I'll walk head on into them coming back round to get to my car  :blink: daft thing is if I was on the other side of the road we wouldn't have been stopped

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 08, 2017, 07:18:11 pm by mrfrostsdad »
police caused the shot outside by letting Mansfield idiots go where they wanted,  South Yorkshire police are shit, if that was us away we'd have been shepherd away from the ground on mass
g

So clever lad. What do you know about public order policing??

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 08, 2017, 07:35:19 pm by duggiesmyhero »
Simple because instead of keeping Mansfields known hooligans together they let them leave and go wherever they wanted which resulted in major trouble outside the East stand. It's not rocket science, It's been done to Rovers fans plenty of times over the years. Take Grimsby last week for instance, not 1 bit of trouble due to the police being in control. The trouble lasted well over 10 minutes without any police presence yet their behaviour inside the ground pointed to trouble outside yet they were to slow to react.

ballysbackin

« Reply #10 on April 08, 2017, 07:41:47 pm by ballysbackin »
If I remember correctly there were many complaining about Police behaviour last week at Grimsby. It is also easier to gather video evidence when people are spread out rather in a group. I picked out right from the edge of Donny's penalty area the lad off the Bank, running with a red flare lit in his right hand, dark jeand and dark grey hoodie that was well over his face, not only did he make it to the far end, he then actually then threw it at their fans. So, if I saw him I am sure a Police Camera crew did and he might as well walk into College Rd now, because they will be going for him

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 08, 2017, 08:03:24 pm by duggiesmyhero »
The police I and many others encounter at Grimsby were polite and smiling away with Rovers fans outside the pub and on the way down to the ground. Not 1 bad word for them last week only high praise. Even the last few minutes of the game at Grimsby when all stewards were told to stand up the police stayed sat down on the pitch so not to block the view of the game.

ck-rtid

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 08, 2017, 08:12:29 pm by ck-rtid »
Police at Grimsby were ok apart from needlessly grabbing my wife and trying to make her go to the train station although we were staying over in Cleethorpes, absolutely clueless and they caused a situation

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 08, 2017, 08:19:28 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Looked like the bother inside kicked off between themselves, then they turned on the Stewards, one steward got ambushed behind the goal when a scab jumped over the wall and pounced on him

You're better than that Filo.  Grow up man FFS!!!

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 08, 2017, 08:32:24 pm by Donny Viking »
We were in the lounge today sat right next to the window.

To be fair it started with Donny junior fans goading a bunch of Mansfield fans getting on a mini bus. The Mansfield fans retaliated but it was hand bags really, then some more Mansfield fans turned up and it all kicked off.

Great credit to Donny stewards and security who tried to keep them apart and then protected lads that got knocked to the ground from a further serious kicking. At one stage there was one yellow vested steward trying to keep 20 lads apart on the path below the hill. Personally I would have let them get on with and not put myself in harms way, none of them were innocent - but it wasn't nice for families walking away from the stadium nearby. 5 minutes later the keystone cops appeared, and that's exactly what they looked like.

All in all just something you don't want to see at football - please stay away you muppets  :aok:

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 08, 2017, 08:51:24 pm by PDX_Rover »
I don't know why there wasn't a large police presence. Anytime we go to Mansfield it's crawling with them. Lame.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 08, 2017, 08:53:30 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I don't know why there wasn't a large police presence. Anytime we go to Mansfield it's crawling with them. Lame.

Maybe because we don't want to pay for a large police presence??

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 08, 2017, 08:59:50 pm by silent majority »

Maybe because we don't want to pay for a large police presence??

Its not our choice.  The Police generally tell us what match category the game falls under and therefore the policing levels.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 08, 2017, 09:54:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
Shame on the Mansfield fans who actually started fighting amongst themselves - complete idiots.

Then a couple of these morons decided to attack a steward who was on his own behind the goal.
I was amazed how long it took for other stewards/police to come to his aid.

Add to this the low-life Rovers fan who thought it a good idea to throw a flare into the Mansfield fans during the pitch invasion.

And all this in front of my 11-year-old daughter, 'enjoying' her first experience of seeing Rovers win promotion.

She doesn't understand it. Nor do I.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 08, 2017, 10:42:56 pm by bpoolrover »
Let's be honest how much did she see of them fighting with each other? And yes was stupid throwing a smoke bomb but all ended ok

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 08, 2017, 10:56:43 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
Anyone remember the Mansfield away game back in the day where they put all the bus windows through?

Seems to be a regular occurrence, whenever we play Mansfield expect abit of trouble.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 09, 2017, 12:19:57 am by colfromdonny »
Saw big Mansfield fan giving it the 'big I am' and one punch from rovers lad knocked him cold, problem was that little scrote rovers fan kicked him in the head whilst he was out ,very cowardly IMO, but collerered by plod very soon after so should be sorted. Gladly he was being looked after by some stewards and ambulance guys. Hardly any security around but the stewards I saw came running out and were looking for some 'aggro', not very 21st century and quite embarrassing!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on April 09, 2017, 12:58:14 am by Filo »
If I were that steward that got attacked behind the goal, totally unprovoked I'd be looking for some aggro and retribution. I must say the Police responce to it all was very slow, those stewards get minimum wage, they don't get paid enough to take shit from d**kheads

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 09, 2017, 01:16:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If people want to scrap do it away from the stadium and let those who actually come for the football watch it. The police have to deal with far too much crap these days nine stone wet through little pretend thugs stoned out of their heads with the 'let me at him' attitude when if you did let them at people they would shrivel up. Why is it rugby fans on the whole can sit together and football fans can't?-i'm talking in general not about today's game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 09, 2017, 07:54:06 am by MrFrost »
Usual garbage on their forum. Out sung us, couldn't even hear us when we scored blah blah blah. I was sat in the west stand and heard their lot once throughout the game I think.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 09, 2017, 08:01:44 am by Filo »
Usual garbage on their forum. Out sung us, couldn't even hear us when we scored blah blah blah. I was sat in the west stand and heard their lot once throughout the game I think.

Apart from a brief chorus of "yellows" never heard em all day, when we scored the KM erupted

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 09, 2017, 08:07:04 am by not on facebook »
The away fans can't hear the black bank part of ground and it seems rovers fans can't hear the away fans ,got to be down to structure of KMS as I can't see or hear black bank been mute after sitting in south stand during Cambridge and crawley home games.

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 09, 2017, 08:32:52 am by duggiesmyhero »
Was in the East stand next to the away end, Mansfield were loud and sung for most of the game,yet I couldn't hear the black bank even tho I know they were singing. The acoustics in the ground are shite

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 09, 2017, 08:48:51 am by not on facebook »
There you go case closed it's the KMS build that has a knock on effect.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 09, 2017, 09:41:49 am by colincramb »
There must be some solution to the acoustics!? Otherwise every new ground in the country would be the same!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012