Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:42:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: So when do we start questioning Schofield and Copps?  (Read 2435 times)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: So when do we start questioning Schofield and Copps?
« Reply #30 on January 29, 2023, 03:05:15 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Back on what Copps and DS have actually achieved.

I’d say that it’s very early for DS and imo we have improved performance wise compared to GM. The defeat v Mansfield seems bad because we had so long without a game. We are very inconsistent but DS is consistent in how he wants us to play and what he asks of the players. We make some terrible individual errors which doesn’t help. So in summary he’s achieved nothing yet but I don’t think he’s hopeless.

Copps as HoF can only be judged on manager appointments and signings really. See above about DS which I think eventually will work out. He got rid of GM at the right time but I’d argue he should never have had the job after relegation. That was weak from Copps. Should have cleaned house as soon as he got the job.

In terms of signings I think our worst players who are most likely to let us down were all signed before Copps. The summer signings are our better players. This Jan hasn’t been a playoff push window imo. Next summer will be key. Should have a full squad by then which Copps has lead the recruitment for.

If we can’t then be at the top of L2 then both manager and HoF need to go and be replaced by someone who has done the job before. I think we will be at the right end of the table though.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 04:29:16 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 29, 2023, 03:07:59 pm by mushRTID »
Schofield for me I think has something. But we are again suffering the mistakes of an inexperienced manager as they learn on the job.

But we’ve got to stick with this one as I do feel he will turn out ok and we aren’t going to pay for experience, that much is clear.

I cannot understand why he started Seaman when he’d got a fit and ready right back in the building.

Miller needs support it’s bleeding obvious.

The goalkeeper and half the defence needs replacing but he will have a better go at that in the summer.

Hopefully some short term pain while he learns from these situations will lead to better days.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 29, 2023, 04:16:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Don’t get why ppl think sacking schofield would change anything, he’s doing a good job imo, got us playing a style of football which is enjoyable to watch. On another day we would’ve got something out of that game and possibly won it (when hurst scored I was confident we were gonna win and would’ve done imo if not for the f**k up by Anderson and Mitchell.
100% agree. 

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 29, 2023, 04:20:53 pm by donnievic »
It’s ok saying blame schofield!!!!,yes we got beat and he picks the team but can’t do much when it’s simple defending mistakes that’s costing us

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 29, 2023, 06:21:32 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
I don’t think the team was as bad as 4-1. They made basic errors and were punished for every one. There’s no doubt there is a lot of work needs doing defensively and offensively.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 29, 2023, 06:29:27 pm by roversdude »
Exactly individual errors cost us, we created naff all first half but second half we looked a much better side

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 29, 2023, 06:32:06 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We need two up front one combative midfielder alongside a creator, winger either side. Defence that defends as a unit.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 29, 2023, 07:15:31 pm by danumdon »
I don't think anyone can question DS too much just yet, he's trying to create an attacking style of play with players he's inherited who are clearly unsuitable for that job, as and when he's able to integrate more of his own players into the team and squad we would have more of an idea about where the land lies, a summer window and pre season should give us a more reliable impression of this.

Initial impressions are all good i thought, each of the new players showed promise and progress on what we have, that's got to be positive, if we can consolidate an attacking formation that allows Miller and Lavery to play together then from yesterdays first outing it looked much more positive and credible, but for some really poor finishing and awful defending we could of taken the match at 2-1 and gone onto win, this board would of read very different.

The side that finished the match with Olowu in for any of the back three should be his starting point as i fear Close may be missing some games and Moly is becoming a real worry as to where and when he can start to show us his true abilities.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012