Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 01:38:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders  (Read 11165 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Saunders
« on October 02, 2012, 10:14:52 pm by MrFrost »
Losing at home.
Playing shite.

Yet he makes a grand total of 0 changes.

What the hell??

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
Re: Saunders
« Reply #1 on October 02, 2012, 10:18:35 pm by Alan_Rovers »
SO'D would have done no better.

Spurr should have been taken off at half time as he was limping before then.

Absolutely awful to watch.

prince

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 02, 2012, 10:20:06 pm by prince »
He's a bad manager.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 02, 2012, 10:21:07 pm by MrFrost »
Someone yelled at him to make a change, and Saunders decided to start mouthing back at his own fans. Sorry Dean, but when your team puts in a shift like that and you just stand there gormless, then you have to expect some stick.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 02, 2012, 10:22:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In fairness he had little he could do and bar the last five we had chances.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 02, 2012, 10:25:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I'd have thought bringing on Husband was called for at least, and at the end even blooding Middleton. I know overall it wasn't good, but I wasn't listening at the end - were we making any chances? Would fresh legs have helped?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 02, 2012, 10:30:01 pm by dickos1 »
We didn't play well, but we had enough chances to get something. 5 or 6 chances. They were much more clinical than us tonight.
Martin woods shouldn't wear a rovers shirt again.
If people are big enough to mouth off then they should be big enough to get it back

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 02, 2012, 10:30:44 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Saunders should have been brave enough to make a change.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 02, 2012, 10:34:29 pm by MrFrost »
We didn't play well, but we had enough chances to get something. 5 or 6 chances. They were much more clinical than us tonight.
Martin woods shouldn't wear a rovers shirt again.
If people are big enough to mouth off then they should be big enough to get it back

Saunders was clueless tonight. Sat in his dugout, did nothing, shouted no instructions for the majority of the game, made no changes.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 02, 2012, 10:35:11 pm by coppsisgod »
So Martin Woods should never play for rovers again after one (admittedly terrible) game but it is ok for Dean Saunders to not make any subs (lunacy) and mouth off at his own fans? 

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 02, 2012, 10:35:52 pm by MrFrost »
So Martin Woods should never play for rovers again after one (admittedly terrible) game but it is ok for Dean Saunders to not make any subs (lunacy) and mouth off at his own fans? 

One? He has been shite all season.
But I agree about Saunders. Didn't have a clue tonight, and it showed.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 02, 2012, 10:36:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Can't understand why he took Harper and Husband out. Does he think this is his best XI or something? Performances would suggest otherwise. If they were injured, or unfit, I might understand, but I doubt they were.

We've played well every time Husband and Harper have been in the team. Woods and Bennett are contributing nothing. It's really simple and, while I appreciate Dean wanting to stick with what is his best XI, there comes a time when you have to swallow your pride and change things.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 02, 2012, 10:38:23 pm by steve@dcfd »
The manager does not need to perform because his side is not yet complete, therefore he cannot be blamed. The board have not really got the squad the manager wants so his decisions are limited. So come on JR you gave him a three year contract, you said you wanted to see more wins, you wanted more Doncaster people to come and watch, yet you have not give him the tools to do that. Or is he really not good enough?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 10:40:28 pm by steve@dcfd »

teeceerrr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 02, 2012, 10:38:44 pm by teeceerrr »

Spurr was probably our best player, limping or not. If I could have subbed anyone it would have been the ref then Woods.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 02, 2012, 10:38:47 pm by coppsisgod »
I agree Woods has been shit this season and has done nothing to justify his place in the team (Saunders decision again) but I was responding to an earlier poster who seemed to be suggesting that Woods should never play for rovers again on the strength of tonights game only. If that is not what was meant I apologize.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 02, 2012, 10:39:20 pm by RedArmy »

he's not on about SOD is he boring hell!

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 02, 2012, 10:40:09 pm by coppsisgod »
The manager does not need to perform because his side is not yet complete, therefore he cannot be blamed. The board have not really got the squad the manager wants so his decisions are limited. So come on JR you gave him a three year contract, you said you wanted to see more wins, you wanted more Doncaster people to come and watch, yet you have not give him the tools to do that. Or his he really not good enough?

He has been our manager for over a year!! When the fans are paying good money to watch that he f**king well does need to perform.

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 02, 2012, 10:40:51 pm by donnygeoff »
Wake up Saunders, wake up.  Can't wait to hear your excuses. I suppose it will the same old tale.  We are short of players but we showed a lot of effort.  You wait he won't admit we were abysmal

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 02, 2012, 10:44:26 pm by dickos1 »
Woods should not play again because in every performance this season, he prances around, gives the ball away, doesn't make a tackle, doesn't win a header, he was their best player tonight.
Saunders has to drop him for harper on sat.
We didn't have much on the bench to change the game, our best 2 strikers were on the pitch but I would have brought husband on for woods, after about 15 mins

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 02, 2012, 10:45:46 pm by dickos1 »
Hume, harper and husband make a massive difference to that side.
We were bad tonight but still should have scored 3 or 4

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 02, 2012, 10:46:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
Should have given Husband a chance after 70 mins. Quinn had a bad game, again, and everytime I've seen Husband play he's played excellent, created chances, livened things up and turned games around. Not sure what else the lad can do to get a regular spot?  :huh:

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 02, 2012, 10:46:53 pm by mushRTID »
Think our weakness is now clear, centre mid.

If only we could have got Wellens instead of Blades.

Has Goulon got a club?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 02, 2012, 10:47:57 pm by RedArmy »
Should have given Husband a chance after 70 mins. Quinn had a bad game, again, and everytime I've seen Husband play he's played excellent, created chances, livened things up and turned games around. Not sure what else the lad can do to get a regular spot?  :huh:

couldn't agree more.

coppsisgod

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 02, 2012, 10:48:26 pm by coppsisgod »
Thank you for explaining dickos. Keeping Woods and Bennett on for the entire games is just utter madness. When everyone in the ground apart from the manager can see something then it is time for a change. He will be coming out with the same old excuses though. Blaming the ref, or our schedule, or Keyser Soze or aliens. Never will he admit that he has done anything wrong. I've never heard him apologize to the fans (although he surely must do after that performance). I have never been so depressed about a post Ken Richardson rovers side.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 02, 2012, 10:48:43 pm by dickos1 »
He hasn't gone blades has he?
They changed their mind, jr must order Saunders to sign him, now he is a player.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 02, 2012, 10:49:06 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This season most of Saunders interviews have been balanced and critical of things that were wrong. He's also not been making excuses in terms of not having enough players - of course it would be great to have more and better players but his main stated aim is to help the club succeed within the budget and he is accepting of that situation.

He's been resisting getting in loanees just to fill the bench or create competition partly to save money and partly because there will likely come a time when we need to use our loan capabilities.

Anyway, lets wait and hear what he says and meanwhile not be critical of what he's not said.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 02, 2012, 10:50:30 pm by MachoMadness »
Wellens hasn't gone to Blades because he isn't fully fit yet apparently, and they can't afford that luxury.

Doubt we'll be signing anyone though, Saunders says he's keeping the money for if we get injuries. How good would it be having Wellens back though? We'd look a completely different proposition then.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 02, 2012, 10:50:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
Wellens is still available Sheffield united did not get him they did not need him. But our board and manager will not go for him. Centre midfield is where we need players but if you do not want to go up this year there is no need to improve it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 02, 2012, 10:51:43 pm by dickos1 »
Thank you for explaining dickos. Keeping Woods and Bennett on for the entire games is just utter madness. When everyone in the ground apart from the manager can see something then it is time for a change. He will be coming out with the same old excuses though. Blaming the ref, or our schedule, or Keyser Soze or aliens. Never will he admit that he has done anything wrong. I've never heard him apologize to the fans (although he surely must do after that performance). I have never been so depressed about a post Ken Richardson rovers side.

Dear me,
There have been many performances just as bad as that, it's all about taking the chances.
They had 2 headers that flew in, our 2 headers went straight down the goalies throat.
The scrambles in the box never fell for us and paynter should've finished his one on one.
Another night we could've won that, and quickly forgotten about the performance.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 02, 2012, 10:53:22 pm by MrFrost »
Wellens is still available Sheffield united did not get him they did not need him. But our board and manager will not go for him. Centre midfield is where we need players but if you do not want to go up this year there is no need to improve it.

Wonder what the crowds will be like next season if we don't go up.
It's so frustrating to be in this position after everything we had built.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012