Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 03:46:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sheaf  (Read 4705 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Sheaf
« Reply #30 on October 19, 2019, 08:58:44 pm by Pancho Regan »
Well I think this thread sums up today’s brilliant team performance because you guys have just about mentioned every player as possible MOTM.
I don’t see Reece James mentioned so out of devilment I’ll choose him!

Seriously, Tom Anderson. Never put a foot wrong and was totally decisive in every challenge. He also looked very composed bringing the ball out of defence.

But all in all, today was a total team performance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 19, 2019, 09:08:30 pm by jmt23 »
I find it interesting how people see the game so differently. On reflection though I think Bristol made us look like Man City.
Somebody is in for a real beating from us, you can see it coming, it should have been today.

Taylor should remain on corners, his crossing is something else.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 19, 2019, 09:17:35 pm by andysly »
Here’s a thing.
Bloke behind spent the whole game saying Sheaf was shit. Garbage, powder puff etc etc.
I thought the kid was ok and glad that’s been seconded 👍

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 19, 2019, 09:22:15 pm by NickDRFC »
Sheaf played well but for me would be between Whiteman and the centre halves, particularly Daniels who I don’t think lost a challenge after a shaky clearance early on. Honourable mention for Taylor who was very lively - love his directness and even though his end product can be iffy he got a goal and an assist. Copps was sometimes sublime but was uncharacteristically wasteful in possession.

No idea how Sadlier got MOTM, good movement for the goal and it was his fantastic flick on the half way line that really opened up the space for it but generally I didn’t think he was at his best. Arguably our worst performing player (although still had a half decent game) other than James, who I didn’t think was with it at all today.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 19, 2019, 09:25:15 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The problem with Sheaf is the schooling he’s had, some of his passes look shit but it’s due to expectation that his teammates will be in the right position. The last time I saw a Rovers player do that was Tony Woodcock and that is very high praise.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 19, 2019, 09:27:09 pm by drfchound »
I find it interesting how people see the game so differently. On reflection though I think Bristol made us look like Man City.
Somebody is in for a real beating from us, you can see it coming, it should have been today.

Taylor should remain on corners, his crossing is something else.

That line about Bristol making us look like Man City is something I would imagine that their manager might say when trying to play down the fact that we totally dominated the game and were just too good for them on the day.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on October 19, 2019, 09:43:28 pm by jmt23 »
Hound, your right, but I could not believe how they gave up. I was left unsure if we were that good, or they were that  :turd:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 19, 2019, 10:42:42 pm by Jonathan »
Everybody played well today. An excellent team performance. Solid across the back, dominant in the middle of the park, both the wide players weighed in with crucial contributions, Coppinger once again was a joy to watch and Ennis put in a real shift up top.

We dominated the game after the first 15-20 minutes. Although I’d be tempted to say we were even better against Portsmouth where we inexplicably came away with nothing. That’s just how the game goes sometimes.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 19, 2019, 10:49:05 pm by drfchound »
Everybody played well today. An excellent team performance. Solid across the back, dominant in the middle of the park, both the wide players weighed in with crucial contributions, Coppinger once again was a joy to watch and Ennis put in a real shift up top.

We dominated the game after the first 15-20 minutes. Although I’d be tempted to say we were even better against Portsmouth where we inexplicably came away with nothing. That’s just how the game goes sometimes.

Agreed Jonathan, it was a great team performance.
So good that after we went two up I never thought that BR could get back in the game.
It could have been different though if they had scored their pen.
Fortunately Dieng denied them but I was pleasantly surprised that the ref didn’t order a re take because Dieng did come forward from his line to make the save.

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 19, 2019, 11:13:27 pm by john_donc857 »
Home forms looking great. Ok we’ve had the two defeats  but both of those games could have gone either way

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 19, 2019, 11:24:29 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Anderson for me but a close call between him and Whiteman.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 20, 2019, 12:34:45 am by RoversAlias »
Sheaf's errant passes clearly come from  the space and anticipation he is used to in the U23 Premier League, he needs to learn but it is something that will come. I thought he had a very solid game today, aside from those few passes he didn't put a foot wrong and he and Whiteman clearly work very well together.

My report for the Daily Cannon (an Arsenal fan site) on the lad for this game will be easy to write because there was so much good to pick out.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 20, 2019, 08:03:16 am by andyst79 »
The problem with Sheaf is the schooling he’s had, some of his passes look shit but it’s due to expectation that his teammates will be in the right position. The last time I saw a Rovers player do that was Tony Woodcock and that is very high praise.
Lundstram was the same when he was here, there were people that didn't rate him. You could tell a mile off how technically astute he was with great vision and two good feet.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 20, 2019, 08:08:47 am by mushRTID »

I didn’t see Woodcock play but the last time I saw that was more recently. El Hadj Diouf.

Diouf regularly did things and made passes that were on a different level to those around him at the time.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 20, 2019, 08:12:34 am by IDM »
I thought the same with Wellens, second time around.. too good for the rest (Copps aside).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012