Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:54:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the AFC Wimbledon game  (Read 8100 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the AFC Wimbledon game
« Reply #60 on November 03, 2020, 09:44:15 pm by drfchound »
Yep, very good performance but as you say, not putting the chances away has cost us the win.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on November 03, 2020, 09:46:00 pm by Retdon1 »
The sooner John Jules is back the better. Okinbiri not good enough for me. Far too slow at reacting to balls in and around him

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 03, 2020, 09:46:26 pm by the vicar »
That was utter rubbish 2 points lost

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on November 03, 2020, 09:46:56 pm by 5 on Tour »
Why is Lokilo’s first touch the equivalent of trying to bring down a wall with a sledgehammer? It’s every single time he takes the ball while moving

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 03, 2020, 09:47:06 pm by drfchound »

No way was it utter ubbish.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 03, 2020, 09:48:31 pm by the vicar »
For most part all we wanted to do is walk it in.  We meet to learn how to open a defence up that park the bus

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 03, 2020, 09:49:48 pm by Campsall rover »
What, we murdered them. The Wimbledon commentators were very impressed with us constantly calling us a quality side.
We just lacked an end product.  If we had one then we would have scored at least 5 goals.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:17:39 pm by Campsall rover »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on November 03, 2020, 09:49:57 pm by the vicar »
To me it was but we was ok up to the 18 yard box then no idea

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on November 03, 2020, 09:50:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've played well for 90 mins but I'm really angry.

We cannot keep dominating to that degree and be totally inept in the box.

I don't know what planet Fejiri was on tonight but he was so out of touch with his positioning, being stood offside uneccesarily, and his first touch was appalling.

Kinda summed up us trying to score perfect goals again with Taylor, Smith, Simms, Copps and Lokilo all making goalscoring look like it's as hard the Krypton factor!

It's a shame because we play some delightful football up to the edge of the area!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 03, 2020, 09:52:37 pm by drfchound »
Scoring a goal is the hardest thing to do in football.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on November 03, 2020, 09:55:15 pm by Campsall rover »
To me it was but we was ok up to the 18 yard box then no idea
We have never played anywhere near as well at Wimbledon in previous seasons.

It was a travesty we didn’t win that game tonight. Yes we have to be more ruthless in front of goal.

What about that foul on Smith i think, in the penalty area 1st half. Looked a nailed on penalty to me.
We never get the decisions against that lot away from home do we.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 03, 2020, 09:56:52 pm by NickDRFC »
From what little I saw (huge buffering issues) we played well and deserved to win, but the stark fact is that we didn’t. Yet another game that we’ve had the chances but failed to deliver - we keep saying that if we keep it up the results will look after themselves but it’s another one gone now with points dropped against a lesser team (I know some people object to that but I’ll have a bet with anyone that Wimbledon will finish in the bottom half this year. We have to start winning these types of game). If we have any hopes of finishing in the playoffs we need to start putting consistent winning runs together. Hopefully we’re nearly there and it will come together soon.

Again I thought Bursik looks like an accident waiting to happen. Didn’t see the second goal but thought he was at fault for the first (although to be fair I only saw one jerky replay so could be wrong!) I’m hoping that Jones starts on Saturday and has a chance to stake his claim for a starting spot in the league.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on November 03, 2020, 09:57:06 pm by selby »
I can remember writing on here Pigott was a fish in our pool we should be looking at as a signing last season, ah well.
  Another game we should have won and dominated and lost points to a team who are not as good as ourselves, but better in front of goal on the night certainly a trend that needs to be changed before it makes it hard to achieve anything in the league this season, and for finances sake a trend we have to put right before the cup games on Saturday  and next Tuesday if a lot of interest is to be there for the supporters to enjoy the rest of the season does not disappear, and of course the monetary rewards that could make a big difference to the club this season.
  We just have to learn quickly a way to win matches against teams that by our standards are not as good a football team but battle or it will be very costly, starting Saturday.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 03, 2020, 09:59:57 pm by Rovers91 »
2 points dropped that because they were bloody shite.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on November 03, 2020, 10:02:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Wish we had Pigott in our team Brian.
A natural goal scorer and with the chances we create he would be having a field day in our team.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 03, 2020, 10:05:42 pm by the vicar »
You get nothing in football 🥅 if you dominate a game and you can’t score goals

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 03, 2020, 10:08:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
20 shots, 7 on target.

We need a goalscorer from somewhere and I don’t think he’s currently in the squad and, no, I don’t mean JJ. We can forget about top 6 if this problem isn’t sorted. Throwing points away.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:15:02 am by Alan Southstand »

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 03, 2020, 10:08:54 pm by DD »
Watched game - frustrating - so much possession with no final product - interestingly the stats said crosses completed 2 out of 22......v poor
Should have had 3 points - lucky to get 1 - huge deflection

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 03, 2020, 10:10:15 pm by drfchound »
20 shots, 7 on target.

We need a goals Ofer from somewhere and I don’t think he’s currently in the squad and, no, I don’t mean JJ. We can forget about top 6 if this problem isn’t sorted. Throwing points away.

Alan, dont forget that shots blocked by defenders, even if on target, dont count as shots on target.
Strange but true i know.
We had half a dozen shots on target tonight that were blocked by defenders.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on November 03, 2020, 10:13:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »
20 shots, 7 on target.

We need a goals Ofer from somewhere and I don’t think he’s currently in the squad and, no, I don’t mean JJ. We can forget about top 6 if this problem isn’t sorted. Throwing points away.

Alan, dont forget that shots blocked by defenders, even if on target, dont count as shots on target.
Strange but true i know.

6 off target
7 blocked

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 03, 2020, 10:13:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Fej was very, very poor tonight.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on November 03, 2020, 10:14:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We made them look shite apart from their finishing which is where it matters.

For all the good work in training which converts into really good football on the pitch, you do wonder what on earth they do on finishing.

I wouldn't mind if it was 'one of those games' when it wouldn't go in but it's getting to a point where it needs some attention. It's bordering on incompetence. It's decision making and striking the ball at the vital moments.

There were many examples tonight but in quick succession Danny Amos tried to cross a ball in hope to the far post when it was easier to shoot. Then Simms got on the end of a great ball over the top and elected to head it across the edge of the box instead of taking it on his chest where he would have been one on one. Wtf is going on. If you are a footballer, it's highly desirable to score goals no matter what position you play. Why our players don't have that desire from within 20 yards is a mystery to me and you no doubt.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 03, 2020, 10:16:58 pm by Campsall rover »
20 shots, 7 on target.

On another day like the Ipswich game the chances are converted. Tonight nothing quite dropped for us.
Ferji never seemed to be on the end of anything tonight and if Pigott was playing for us he would probably have had 4 goals at least with the number of chances we created.

Strange but true i know.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 03, 2020, 10:17:50 pm by the vicar »

No way was it utter ubbish.
hound mate I said it was rubbish because with all the domination we had no idea when we got near the 18 yard box

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 03, 2020, 10:19:17 pm by drfchound »
But "it" wasnt rubbish was it.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 03, 2020, 10:21:58 pm by Campsall rover »
2 points dropped that because they were bloody shite.
2 points dropped because we only scored 2 goals. To say that was shite is a ridiculous statement imo.
We tore them apart with our quality passing game. The football was of a very high standard and SOD would have been very proud of that possession football we played tonight.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 10:32:06 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on November 03, 2020, 10:23:30 pm by drfchound »
20 shots, 7 on target.

Strange but true i know.

Also Alan, even using the BBC method of giving shots on target stats, on Portsmouth and Plymouth had more shots on target than us tonight.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 03, 2020, 10:24:59 pm by NickDRFC »
Fejiri was really out of sorts tonight. He’s worked hard and sometimes played well since coming back into the team but maybe tonight was a game too far for him and we desperately need some cover/competition, even someone we can bring off the bench.

Seems like history is repeating itself a bit. Time to dig through the little black book and see what Thomas and Bingham are up to ;)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on November 03, 2020, 10:32:36 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Fejiri was really out of sorts tonight. He’s worked hard and sometimes played well since coming back into the team but maybe tonight was a game too far for him and we desperately need some cover/competition, even someone we can bring off the bench.

Seems like history is repeating itself a bit. Time to dig through the little black book and see what Thomas and Bingham are up to ;)

Funnily enough I was just thinking about Bingham and Fejiri's performance tonight. Thing is, Bingham improved.

Fejiri had a storming game v Ipswich and you think, at last, he's hitting form. Some of his play tonight was nothing due to form though and at best, it could be fatigue, at worst, he just couldn't be arsed. I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt and say fatigue because he hasnt got a back up at the mo.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 03, 2020, 10:37:57 pm by drfchound »

Funnily enough I was just thinking about Bingham and Fejiri's performance tonight. Thing is, Bingham improved.

Fejiri had a storming game v Ipswich and you think, at last, he's hitting form. Some of his play tonight was nothing due to form though and at best, it could be fatigue, at worst, he just couldn't be arsed. I'd like to give him the benefit of doubt and say fatigue because he hasnt got a back up at the mo.

I think it is more likely that your last sentence is the more accurate mate.
He is ploughing a lone furrow with very little support and two games a week in a month is very hard on him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012