Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:57:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I’m guessing it might be Anichebe  (Read 5347 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
I’m guessing it might be Anichebe
« on September 02, 2019, 05:42:00 pm by phil old leake »
I’m a bit disappointed we never got a striker in. Hopefully a free agent might arrive. If not we can hope our good start continues and we didn’t need one anyway

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Re: I’m guessing it might be Anichebe
« Reply #1 on September 02, 2019, 05:47:56 pm by since-1969 »
As no one else sees any potential in or they would have shown their hand and WE are left to resurrect his career and left looking short sighted and tight-fisted where parting with cash in the bank is concerned!

karlos

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 02, 2019, 05:54:36 pm by karlos »
This could work one of two ways if we do well and manage to get promoted with the squad we have then it will have been a master stroke as we could use the money we saved this year to build a better squad for the season ahead next year. However I'm more inclined to believe that all these loan signings are not good for the club long term and we will fall short this season. I would think that DM now has to go all out and try and sign Victor anichrbe now to ease the striker shortage.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 02, 2019, 06:01:40 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
This could work one of two ways if we do well and manage to get promoted with the squad we have then it will have been a master stroke as we could use the money we saved this year to build a better squad for the season ahead next year. However I'm more inclined to believe that all these loan signings are not good for the club long term and we will fall short this season. I would think that DM now has to go all out and try and sign Victor anichrbe now to ease the striker shortage.

I don't think we'll "save money" from the budget surplus it'll just mean the owners don't fund us to the 2.5m they usually do, which is fair enough. That's how annual budgets normally work. What's bad is this year we had the chance to spend it and couldn't get it together.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 02, 2019, 06:07:19 pm by elmsallrover »
Maybe they didn't want to?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 02, 2019, 06:09:40 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Maybe but i reckon we had the money to sign someone half decent. Would we really bring Taylor in who is probably decent paid if there was no more money? we've fairly good options in Taylor's position so wasn't a priority.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 02, 2019, 06:36:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
If so, would he not be a more impressive signing than even Clarke, who has never once played in the Premier League and is a few years older as well. Personally if Anichebe does sign, that will be a real coup.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 02, 2019, 06:41:33 pm by steve@dcfd »
If so, would he not be a more impressive signing than even Clarke, who has never once played in the Premier League and is a few years older as well. Personally if Anichebe does sign, that will be a real coup.

We will probably sign him on a short term contract till next transfer window.
The CEO and Chairman have failed all summer to get permanent deals over the line. They are ok with loans but that’s it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 02, 2019, 06:43:27 pm by dickos1 »
Give over.

Mike newell played in the premier league maybe we should try and sign him

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 02, 2019, 06:43:49 pm by 5 on Tour »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 02, 2019, 06:45:48 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I'd be happy with Anichebe considering where we are now. Could and should of been aiming for someone with more of a future. Not saying we didn't try i wouldn't know but feel like most other clubs manage to sort something when they need

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 02, 2019, 06:47:29 pm by dickos1 »
As soon as it came out he was training with us, I knew he’d be what we end up with instead of what we were told we were getting

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 02, 2019, 06:48:42 pm by Jonathan »
If we can get him fit and keep him fit, then he ought to be able to add to the squad. If match fit and motivated, he could be useful at this level. Darren has already admitted he’s a long way from match fit so we would need to be patient on that score.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:52:31 pm by Jonathan »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 02, 2019, 06:50:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
He is literally a Premier League striker! The guy has played 200 games in English football and they have all been in the Premier League. Only 31 and has played international football for a credible nation. This would be a good signing - IF he can get fit and put in a shift.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 02, 2019, 06:50:38 pm by Retdon1 »
Played 208 scored 29. This strikes me as a last resort signing... very disappointing

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 02, 2019, 06:51:09 pm by Dare to dream! »
Good signing. Better option than Clarke who obviously wants to sit in sheff Utd reserves, we don’t want someone with that attitude.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 02, 2019, 06:51:30 pm by Dare to dream! »
Played 208 scored 29. This strikes me as a last resort signing... very disappointing

How many of those appearances were in the prem?

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 02, 2019, 06:51:41 pm by donnyspadge »
It's either Anichebe or Hooper I reckon

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 02, 2019, 06:51:51 pm by SydneyRover »
Didn't DM say that there will be some dealing done after the deadline, or similar, and the rules state that transfers can still happen provided the FA has received a letter of intent or similar?

Apologies 5 just read your link from the DFP
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 06:54:43 pm by SydneyRover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 02, 2019, 06:52:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
All his league appearances in England have been in the Premier League.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 02, 2019, 06:52:22 pm by Alan Southstand »
That was pretty obvious on Saturday, Jon.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 02, 2019, 06:53:05 pm by scawsby steve »
As soon as it came out he was training with us, I knew he’d be what we end up with instead of what we were told we were getting

So you think Anichebe's crap?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 02, 2019, 06:53:49 pm by MachoMadness »
If he can cause havoc with his physical presence and lay on goals for others that doesn't matter.

Most of those goals will have come in the Premier League, too. He is a big gamble but one with a considerable upside - if it pays off.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on September 02, 2019, 06:54:08 pm by Retdon1 »

All bar 11 with the last coming 3 years ago

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 02, 2019, 06:54:20 pm by drfchound »

All but 11 of them.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 02, 2019, 06:55:30 pm by dickos1 »

So you think Anichebe's crap?

No, he’d be a good addition to the squad. But he’s not the replacement for marquis.
I wouldn’t imagine he’ll be scoring 18-20 goals for us this season.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 02, 2019, 06:55:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Didn't DM say that there will be some dealing done after the deadline, or similar, and the rules state that transfers can still happen provided the FA has received a letter of intent or similar?

No more today . So it will be out of contract player or players

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 02, 2019, 06:55:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Didn't realise he's only 31. I'm happier with him than Clarke just seemed like he didn't want to come but if Anichebe is training here for free he want's to play which is important. his goal record is poor but we have players who will score more if he can be a target man.

Only worry is he's used to prem wages and perks and we appear to have a position where we won't budge on our valuations. So wouldn't be shocked if we get strung along for a while and he goes Bolton

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 02, 2019, 07:00:35 pm by NickDRFC »
He is literally a Premier League striker! The guy has played 200 games in English football and they have all been in the Premier League. Only 31 and has played international football for a credible nation. This would be a good signing - IF he can get fit and put in a shift.

If he was "literally" a Premier League striker he'd be playing there now - his last game there was a good couple of years ago. Not that it necessarily means a great deal anyway - Chimbonda and Ilunga signed for us having played in the PL more recently than that, and having played more regularly, and they were hopeless. That said he could potentially be a good signing if he's fit - I always thought he looked a handful at Everton.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on September 02, 2019, 07:02:15 pm by phil old leake »
That’s my fear that now we’ve started his rehabilitation someone will have our pants down

TinyPortal © 2005-2012