Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 05:58:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Victor Anichebe. Do we need him  (Read 16454 times)

redarmy82

• Forum Member
Re: Victor Anichebe. Do we need him
« Reply #120 on September 19, 2019, 12:22:51 pm by redarmy82 »
How many other clubs in the top 4 divisions don't have a single striker on their books?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on September 19, 2019, 12:39:36 pm by idler »
[quote oops oopoopauthor=NickDRFC link=topic=274075.msg906889#msg906889 date=1568885048]
we dont need a striker yet (unless the right one comes along )we need to stop playing to defensive or is the fact that the players are not fit enough to get up and down the pitch ?. the long ball pass to ENNIS who is on his own no midfield quick enough to help  we have seen the end result
you have been listening to two many people till the right one comes in my bum. We have not been to defensive at all, now and again maybe but not that. much anyway

Till who comes in your bum?

Sorry, very low brow but couldn’t resist!
oops that dint come out right mate sorry, I meant to say till the right one comes in, but eeerrmmm I will leace it there lol
[/quote]
You are Arthur Bostrum and I claim my £5.😉

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on September 19, 2019, 01:46:49 pm by dickos1 »
With a bit more accuracy with our shooting in Tuesday, with the chances we created especially in the second half, we would have won comfortably..

Exactly
Hence why we need a goalscorer

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on September 19, 2019, 03:12:11 pm by scawsby steve »
People keep saying we haven't a single striker on the books. That's strange, because I could have sworn there was a young striker called Niall Ennis on our books for this season.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on September 19, 2019, 03:18:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
People keep saying we haven't a single striker on the books. That's strange, because I could have sworn there was a young striker called Niall Ennis on our books for this season.

And Sterling.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on September 19, 2019, 03:46:35 pm by Retdon1 »

I think people are saying that we haven’t got a striker contracted to the club on our books

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on September 19, 2019, 03:51:33 pm by dickos1 »
Ennis is similar to Wilks.
Someone who will complement a number 9. Wilks struggled if he was ever played as a number 9 also

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on September 19, 2019, 03:53:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nothing doing on the striker front and no mention of the elephant in the room in DM's latest interview.

Even with Sterling still injured it sounds like he's prepared to wait until January unless the 'right' free agent becomes available.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on September 19, 2019, 04:03:00 pm by Metalmicky »
Do we know if VA is still training with us - anyone been down to Cantley Park recently?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on September 19, 2019, 04:06:44 pm by 5minstogo »
He seems to be driving a lot, still living in Liverpool. He was in London the other day but at the moment he seems to be looking for some form of divine intervention to get his career back on track.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on September 19, 2019, 04:23:46 pm by GazLaz »
Do we know if VA is still training with us - anyone been down to Cantley Park recently?

He was in the M62 heading this way at the right sort of time this morning.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on September 19, 2019, 04:34:46 pm by selby »
  Talking to Darren Moore after the owners meeting, he said he is more than  happy with the two loanee front runners, they can also play right across the front line, including wide right and left according to him.
  My own take is he has been unlucky with the injury to Sterling , who is probably more suited to the loan striker roll than Ennis (although he has done well there)  and think we are likely to see them play more in tandem as a duel strike force as soon as both are fit to play.
  Of course if we can get another front runner who can play upfront in the lone striker roll, if Ennis and Sterling can play wider and off him it gives us a lot of options up front across the front line with Taylor and Sadlier, and hopefully goals.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on September 19, 2019, 04:45:44 pm by scawsby steve »
  Talking to Darren Moore after the owners meeting, he said he is more than  happy with the two loanee front runners, they can also play right across the front line, including wide right and left according to him.
  My own take is he has been unlucky with the injury to Sterling , who is probably more suited to the loan striker roll than Ennis (although he has done well there)  and think we are likely to see them play more in tandem as a duel strike force as soon as both are fit to play.
  Of course if we can get another front runner who can play upfront in the lone striker roll, if Ennis and Sterling can play wider and off him it gives us a lot of options up front across the front line with Taylor and Sadlier, and hopefully goals.

How on Earth is Sterling more suited to the loan striker role than Ennis? He was knocked all over the place against Rotherham. Far too lightweight.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on September 19, 2019, 05:44:58 pm by Retdon1 »

Sterling is not a out and out striker and certainly not more suited to the role than Ennis. Did you see the Rotherham game

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on September 19, 2019, 07:33:46 pm by selby »
   Yes I did, and thought he did well with little service and players getting around him to give him a chance and support, and that is why we changed the support players in the second half
   The foul on him was also a stamp, and he ended up pushing the Rotherham player in the chest to get him off his foot
   And the way he turned, shrugged off a defender, and drove into the opposition box in the first game he came on decided me that he could be a very dangerous player, and backed up what Darren told me that he could come in from wider positions.
   What made your mind up about Sterling then Retdon? please explain.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on September 19, 2019, 07:55:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
I just wish both were fit and could play in two of the front front four.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on September 19, 2019, 09:24:43 pm by since-1969 »
I just wish both were fit and could play in two of the front front four.
When asked DM is adamant that we don’t need another striker but if the right one came available he could act . So which is it , Do we need one or not ?

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on September 21, 2019, 10:46:59 am by Super Colin Cramb »
Reports in Scotland today stating Kilmarnock are interested in signing Victor Anichebe, if DM wants him he needs to act now. My opinion for what it is worth is that DM isn’t that bothered about big Victor.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on September 21, 2019, 10:48:42 am by RoversAlias »
Kilmarnock can't outbid us, surely, nor is it an attractive proposition really so if we actually want him I'm sure we can get him ahead of them.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on September 21, 2019, 11:15:35 am by Reesielad »
Kilmarnock can't outbid us, surely, nor is it an attractive proposition really so if we actually want him I'm sure we can get him ahead of them.

Didn’t Hibs offer more to Newell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on September 21, 2019, 11:19:27 am by NickDRFC »
Quick mods, get this post into the rumour mill!

I reckon they can probably offer us a similar package, as for not as attractive a proposition? Not sure about that - the SPL has some poor teams but he'll also get to play at Ibrox & Celtic Park 4 times a season, plus there's a few other clubs who regularly pull in 15k a week. The general standard in the SPL probably isn't much better than League One but I'd say that it's generally a more attractive proposition.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on September 21, 2019, 06:56:03 pm by RoversAlias »
The general standard when you take out the Old Firm is worse. The proposition, again, outside of those two it's not much to write home about at all.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012