Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:03:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Marquis  (Read 7026 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Marquis
« Reply #60 on September 18, 2017, 02:39:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Steve, agreed the midfield have been poor in the last few games.Bishop did a job on Copps,and Rowe is out on the left wing,Kongolo was poor in the first half,but was a little better in the second,the rest of them carry no threat at all.
  Teams have got our number,they scored after 10 minutes,from a corner after attacking Blair down the right flank.In them 10 minutes every goal kick,set piece and attack were down our right flank,which consists of a young rucky player and a converted winger who is poor in defence.It has been repeated in most games this season.
  I  posted last week that we had to match them in midfield and not be sloppy with the ball,we didnt and paid the price.Bishop ran the show for the third game against us,and did it by being cute in the tackle and closing our space down.We have nobody that can do that job.

Kongolo was piss poor in the first half and was THE problem - he couldn't tackle , pass , head and rarely found his man. Generally he put all around him at ease however in the 2nd half he was a different player . It was no coincidence that those around him felt more at ease and started to perform. Credit where credit is due the 2nd half display was much improved.

Please lay off Marquis we have had this with a player as good as Billy Sharp ; I believe like Sharp he will come good again . Don't bet against him bagging a goal on Wednesday and win, lose or draw we can kick on. Keep the faith .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 18, 2017, 02:46:26 pm by Filo »
May always causes problems when he is on the pitch
Everyone loves a tryer, but May will never play any higher than he is now, he's just too lightweight

Thank god you weren't the scout who gave judgement on Lionel Messi!
different players, different position, different skill requirments, and different skill levels. Lionel Messi is not a striker

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on September 18, 2017, 02:51:17 pm by dickos1 »
Williams effort over the bar was a lot harder than Marquis' off the post. He'd made the space himself and I don't think Marquis would have got himself into that position.

He was clean through one on one with the goalie, and hit it 6 foot over the bar. It was dreadful

Marquis was unlucky, Williams was terrible. Got I hit the target from there.
He wasn't even close.

Doesn't even look like a footballer at the minute

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on September 18, 2017, 02:59:39 pm by hoolahoop »
Steve, agreed the midfield have been poor in the last few games.Bishop did a job on Copps,and Rowe is out on the left wing,Kongolo was poor in the first half,but was a little better in the second,the rest of them carry no threat at all.
  Teams have got our number,they scored after 10 minutes,from a corner after attacking Blair down the right flank.In them 10 minutes every goal kick,set piece and attack were down our right flank,which consists of a young rucky player and a converted winger who is poor in defence.It has been repeated in most games this season.
  I  posted last week that we had to match them in midfield and not be sloppy with the ball,we didnt and paid the price.Bishop ran the show for the third game against us,and did it by being cute in the tackle and closing our space down.We have nobody that can do that job.
I don't care how bad they're playing.  Cheering other players names when one goes off or booing them leaving the field won't help

Neither will singing for Marosi when Lawlor has the ball.

Remember calling for Marosi really improved Etheridge.   Sorry it fxxxed his confidence and probably his career.  Let's be a bit more supportive during games at least.  To me it's obvious that DF is insisting on playing a certain way which isn't working. The players appear scared to express themselves. If that's the case it's all down to him.  If it's not we are obviously not good enough.   At the end of the day the board have supported him.  Hopefully Baudrey and Mccullough will be back soon and Houhjton will be the player he was last season. 

Out fans are shit.

Really, you think our fans are any worse than those of other clubs, they aren't shit but they like others, can be impatient. However you don't get on the backs of Marquis and Williams -they get the goals that count. Without them and their confidence......we are nothing !

Get off their backs it's embarrassing and serves no purpose at all.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 18, 2017, 03:27:07 pm by wing commander »
      Fans are just frustrated that's all...They turn up pay there £20 odd quid,get soaked (or I did anyway) watch, what was in truth a very drab affair devoid of much skill or passion from anybody and walking off getting beat by your local rivals..Which for many of us means a day like today full of abuse about "how crap we are" and various other jibes from jubilant Scunny fans at work...
   I didn't give them a second look at full time,I didn't applaud them,they didn't deserve it..i Skulked off down the tunnel seething that was the best we could produce...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 18, 2017, 03:35:01 pm by selby »
 When I said the rest carry no threat at all, I was meaning the rest of the midfield and not the strikers.
  The four strikers we have are all different,and have not had the best of luck in the last few games,and have not been served that well by our midfield.
  I am confident that our luck and form will change,and we will have a decent season with all our front men playing a part.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012