Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 04:00:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: CORNERS  (Read 2476 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
CORNERS
« on September 18, 2017, 10:09:53 am by Upton Rover »
Unsure what DF tells the team how to defend corners. Yesterday we lost to a corner that was very poorly defended. We had Kongola 10 yards from the corner taker I must guess that he was trying a 1 man wall and Copps was another 10 yards away in no man's land trying to pick up a player outside the 18 yard box. I am sure these 2 would have been better in the box 1 on each post that way we have a better chance of not conceding.  It must be what DF wants we did it with every corner.
Oh and talking of Kongola he was like Bamby on ice.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: CORNERS
« Reply #1 on September 18, 2017, 10:34:29 am by Filo »
Kongolo looked lost first have, much improved second half,I think it's a big step for him playing misters football

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 18, 2017, 10:35:57 am by RedJ »
Unsure what DF tells the team how to defend corners. Yesterday we lost to a corner that was very poorly defended. We had Kongola 10 yards from the corner taker I must guess that he was trying a 1 man wall and Copps was another 10 yards away in no man's land trying to pick up a player outside the 18 yard box. I am sure these 2 would have been better in the box 1 on each post that way we have a better chance of not conceding.  It must be what DF wants we did it with every corner.

Matty Blair was on the post next to where the ball went in.

Kongolo has looked shite since his appearance at Bradford, genuinely offers nothing.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 18, 2017, 11:16:07 am by drfc1951 »
We have been terrible defending set pieces for about 10 seasons now,not just under Fergie.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 18, 2017, 11:40:04 am by GazLaz »
We have been terrible defending set pieces for about 10 seasons now,not just under Fergie.

1/3 of goals come from set pieces in the football league. It's the same for all clubs.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 18, 2017, 12:20:39 pm by Donnywolf »
How do we fare out of interest.

1/3 of goals must be an average and I guess we are lower than that but I dont speak from a factual basis just a "feeling" that we dont do that well

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 18, 2017, 12:30:08 pm by rtid88 »

Matty Blair was on the post next to where the ball went in.

Kongolo has looked shite since his appearance at Bradford, genuinely offers nothing.

I would agree with that for his 1st half performance but in the 2nd half I thought he was the best player on the pitch.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2017, 12:36:21 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought he was awful, off the pace of the ball all match, and whilst he did do better in the second half it doesn't mean he was any good, because the first half he didn't even look like a footballer. Rowe and Blair were our only players doing anything worth praising yesterday in my view.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2017, 12:39:49 pm by Bessie Red »
I thought he was awful, off the pace of the ball all match, and whilst he did do better in the second half it doesn't mean he was any good, because the first half he didn't even look like a footballer. Rowe and Blair were our only players doing anything worth praising yesterday in my view.

Joe Wright & Andy Butler did fine!!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2017, 02:01:21 pm by idler »

1/3 of goals must be an average and I guess we are lower than that but I dont speak from a factual basis just a "feeling" that we dont do that well
We certainly don't seem to score as many from corners as we concede from them.
It's been the same for a while now.☹️

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2017, 06:54:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think people are being very harsh on Kongolo. He's a very talented young footballer who's in the very early stages of playing senior competitive football. It's a team game and he needs the help of his more senior teammates when there's few or no options on to pass the ball!

He and Whiteman will come good again, hopefully sooner rather than later!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2017, 07:08:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »

We certainly don't seem to score as many from corners as we concede from them.
It's been the same for a while now.☹️

I honestly think the opposition has broke away and scored from our corners more than we've scored from them over the last few years.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 19, 2017, 12:07:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's the text commentary whammy...

52: Corner. Doncaster Rovers
53: Goal! A N Other scores for X. Shot from just inside the box in the centre of the goal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2017, 08:38:27 am by drfchound »
I remember a better one though.

90 mins. Penalty to Brentford.
91 mins. Coppinger scores for Doncaster, tap in from two yards.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2017, 09:45:21 am by RedJ »

You don't remember it very well then as the penalty was given in about 90+3, taken in 90+5 and Coppinger scored in 90+6. ;)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2017, 09:46:13 am by Chris Black come back »
That team just refused to die.

This team seemingly refuses to fight.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 19, 2017, 10:10:49 am by ravenrover »
that team had some mesters in it this one doesn't

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2017, 10:24:14 am by drfchound »

You don't remember it very well then as the penalty was given in about 90+3, taken in 90+5 and Coppinger scored in 90+6. ;)

RedJ, when i typed it i thought someone would come back with something like that but couldn't be bothered to check the actual times.

I will just put it down to having a bad memory though.
 :crying:

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 19, 2017, 12:52:47 pm by Upton Rover »
Kongola maybe a talented player. I just think he was very very poor on Sunday he did get better in the last 10 minutes but let's be honest I and many other fans thought we had a really competitive team this season. But we have NOT

TinyPortal © 2005-2012