Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 04:43:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Facebook gripe -  (Read 2603 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Facebook gripe -
« Reply #30 on February 26, 2021, 02:23:03 pm by Filo »
The only thing there is to see clearly here is that you are trying to shit stir.

BST and I will probably never see eye to eye on most things, but I replied to the content of the post, not because of who wrote it.

It’s good that you acknowledge the poster you are trying to bait by naming the poster, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that was the poster in question?

Has your account been hacked?

A big giveaway is the fact that you spend most of your life on here in worship of him!

I’m not sure I’ve ever professed to worshipping him, in fact we disagree on many things, it would appear you have an unhealthy obsession with him, especially after naming him without any prompting to do so, have non of the members of your clique opened their internal PM’s to come and pile in yet? It happens, I’ve Pm from one of them wanting back up when having a hard time, pathetic really
You're professing worship now, sadly at the expense of another thread. No matter who had written that post, I'd have responded exactly the same way. I was merely stating a fact. Inevitably, as soon as I saw your name on the post below I knew it would be to defend your lord and master before even reading it, and of course, it was! It's getting so regular of late that I actually think you're stalking my posts in the hope that I'm blaspheming your leader, in order to be the first to defend him. Is it in an attempt to become top disciple?  In fact, it's worse than that, your saying I am blaspheming him even when I'm not!

I asked you the other day to do some research and find out who exactly is the one with the unhealthy obsession before jumping to a conclusion that supports your leader, but you didn't did you?

I don't receive PM's regarding threads, probably because I don't belong to a clique. Do you find belonging to one helpful? Perhaps I ought to start one.

Strange post

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 26, 2021, 02:31:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The only thing there is to see clearly here is that you are trying to shit stir.

BST and I will probably never see eye to eye on most things, but I replied to the content of the post, not because of who wrote it.

It’s good that you acknowledge the poster you are trying to bait by naming the poster, how on earth did you come to the conclusion that was the poster in question?

Has your account been hacked?

A big giveaway is the fact that you spend most of your life on here in worship of him!

I’m not sure I’ve ever professed to worshipping him, in fact we disagree on many things, it would appear you have an unhealthy obsession with him, especially after naming him without any prompting to do so, have non of the members of your clique opened their internal PM’s to come and pile in yet? It happens, I’ve Pm from one of them wanting back up when having a hard time, pathetic really
You're professing worship now, sadly at the expense of another thread. No matter who had written that post, I'd have responded exactly the same way. I was merely stating a fact. Inevitably, as soon as I saw your name on the post below I knew it would be to defend your lord and master before even reading it, and of course, it was! It's getting so regular of late that I actually think you're stalking my posts in the hope that I'm blaspheming your leader, in order to be the first to defend him. Is it in an attempt to become top disciple?  In fact, it's worse than that, your saying I am blaspheming him even when I'm not!

I asked you the other day to do some research and find out who exactly is the one with the unhealthy obsession before jumping to a conclusion that supports your leader, but you didn't did you?

I don't receive PM's regarding threads, probably because I don't belong to a clique. Do you find belonging to one helpful? Perhaps I ought to start one.

Strange post

Strange subject.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 26, 2021, 02:43:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
For what it is worth, I entirely agree that there is a large amount of disinformation on Twitter. Putin for example, pays for entire troll farms to f**k with our understanding of objective truth. These guys do their best to out them but I doubt they do more than scratch the surface.
https://mobile.twitter.com/TrollZoo

Facebook though is qualitatively different and anyone who tries to draw a line of similarity between Twitter and FB hasn't really engaged with the issue.

On Twitter, external people may try to f**k with your head. But Twitter doesn't force you in their direction. The reason FB is different, is that it is precisely their business model to get inside your head, understand what you want to think and pour more of that into your head to keep your attention focussed on FB. Because one of the things they sell to advertisers is the time that you are on FB. It is genuinely evil.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 26, 2021, 02:48:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He didn't like not being the best Footballer!

Just tell me you didn't have the same perm.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 26, 2021, 03:10:13 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He didn't like not being the best Footballer!

Just tell me you didn't have the same perm.

I did mullet over for a while but decided against it.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 26, 2021, 04:04:25 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
You lot bickering on a thread will be the only remaining constant in my life once Copps retires.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 26, 2021, 04:19:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You lot bickering on a thread will be the only remaining constant in my life once Copps retires.

It's all down to getting facts right. There are true facts, and there are Filofax.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 07:49:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 26, 2021, 04:32:46 pm by belton rover »
I don’t really think one example of social media can be picked out from another in terms of damage to society. If anything (and I have nothing to offer other than my opinion) facebook is not the platform it once was. Mrs Belton and I have accounts andwe use it relatively regularly. My kids (all adults) have accounts but rarely use it. I think it’s a generation thing.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:31:18 pm by belton rover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 26, 2021, 09:48:36 pm by SydneyRover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 26, 2021, 11:14:13 pm by idler »
Was/is Oswin Avenue in Balby, Idler? Are you a Balbarian?
Yes BB, Balby from birth 1948 until I got married and moved to Sprotborough in 1972. Left Donny and moved over here in 1978.
Oswin Ave. later Balby High School was near the Windsor Cinema. A great school when I was there 1960-64.

I was at St Francis junior school, Roberts Road, on Balby Bridge around that time. I followed Kevin Keegan there. He left the year I joined.
He was a couple of years younger than me but I played against in the Donny Sunday League about 1967 when he played for the Lonsdale.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 27, 2021, 12:13:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
My brother and I played against him in a kick-about at Balby park when we were young un's. Our Kid's claim to fame still is from that occasion all those years ago when Keegan said he was a good player!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on February 27, 2021, 01:40:22 pm by idler »
I spent countless hours after school and then later after work playing football. Massive enjoyment and never cost a penny. Were you a bit younger than Chico?
I remember playing against him at rugby. St Peter's sole tactic was give him the ball and rely he was usually too big to stop.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 27, 2021, 02:14:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Do you mean Anthony Czajko? If so, he was in my class! We called him Chike or Chico. He was as strong as an Ox and almost as bright, but don't tell him that if you see him!

Joking apart, he was a quite intelligent gentle giant.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 27, 2021, 03:01:46 pm by idler »
He always seemed a nice guy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012