Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:00:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket Sales update  (Read 6095 times)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re:Ticket Sales update
« Reply #30 on November 05, 2010, 06:31:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I Wonder if ticket office is open tonight with a fair few thousand attending the Firework display. (I know there's only so many hours in the day !!)

Anyway, good points raised above about the club capturing feedback from those who have taken up the offer, and promoting future games to them.

I will be keeping half an eye on the ticket office queue tomorrow. I hope the ticket office is fully staffed as I envisage there being more pressure on them.

While folks are waiting in the queue wouldn't it be nice if someone asked them:-

1. How they heard about the offer
2. Are they regular supporters
3. Would you like to come more frequently
4. What's stopping you
5, What can the club do to help
6. What's your e-mail address
7. Do you mind queuing or would you prefer to go straight to a gate (and queue there)

etc etc

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 06, 2010, 10:40:14 am by MrFrost »
Just had a quick look online. Very few seats of 4 together left, so people wanting the family ticket buying today might be disapointed if they all want to sit together. Looking at that, there are very few seats left in the home end. Maybe we should have opened up part of the North Stand aswell?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 06, 2010, 11:12:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Good point.

With less than 1000 Millwall fans, I hope they have a think about that this morning.

If another 1000 Rovers fans turn up today, the queue at the ticket office could be a disaster waiting to happen.

If they opened up the North East corner as an overflow, and issued tickets as 'unreserved' then that could ease the problem.

We'll see whether Mr Morris' claim about the ticket office queues stand the test today !

Good shout Mr Frost.

Boyhood dreams

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 06, 2010, 12:22:45 pm by Boyhood dreams »
MrFrost wrote:
Just had a quick look online. Very few seats of 4 together left, so people wanting the family ticket buying today might be disapointed if they all want to sit together. Looking at that, there are very few seats left in the home end. Maybe we should have opened up part of the North Stand aswell?

I'm I correct in thinking they used the away end, east section, in the JPT against Crewe for home fans?

If so, it proves it feasible because a major doubt would be, shared use of the concourse. Say if the East stand was close to sell out, which it could do if folk buy on the day, could the home fans in the away end share the east stand concourse? Or is their a way to segregate the away end concourse? Ive never seen the lay out of the away end concourse. I never bothered checking it out on the opening day, but I'm sure someone can enlighten us?

Another issue is, would it be safe for home fans to be in that stand with them cretins?

Still it's a good call, Frosty.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 06, 2010, 12:24:57 pm by MrFrost »
The concourse in the North Stand has dividing doors which can be locked when shared with away fans. I doubt however, at this late stage that the club has the necessary stewards/Police available to manage putting home fans in a closer area.

I can no longer get on the purchase ticket online thing so not sure how its looking currently.

Berkshire Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 06, 2010, 05:27:25 pm by Berkshire Rover »
so 10,356 in the end, according to rovers player 684 from millwall so 9,672 Rovers fans, I reckon that's 1500-1700 more than the last couple of games.
I reckon that's pretty good, would be great to push the Rovers fans beyond the 10,000 mark for the Swansea game.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on November 06, 2010, 06:34:22 pm by Sprotyrover »
Boyhood dreams wrote:
MrFrost wrote:

I'm I correct in thinking they used the away end, east section, in the JPT against Crewe for home fans?

If so, it proves it feasible because a major doubt would be, shared use of the concourse. Say if the East stand was close to sell out, which it could do if folk buy on the day, could the home fans in the away end share the east stand concourse? Or is their a way to segregate the away end concourse? Ive never seen the lay out of the away end concourse. I never bothered checking it out on the opening day, but I'm sure someone can enlighten us?

Another issue is, would it be safe for home fans to be in that stand with them cretins?

Still it's a good call, Frosty.

The first three rows in the west stand were all empty as usual how about having them as family ticket seats, I'm sure we would ratehr see them full than empty!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on November 06, 2010, 06:35:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well done done to all concerned I think. I looked more than 10356 and what a difference it makes. The atmosphere in the second half was fantastic.

In took a step back when we scored the second (mainly because I injured myself on the seat in front) to see everyone bouncing up and down just reminds you why you come to watch football.

It was so refreshing today to see so many young kids and families, just how it was when we first opened the stadium.

I also have to say it looked as though the ticket office coped very well. I did fear there could be problems with queues but, right up to kick off it appeared people were being served quite quickly.

Anyway, this is just the start. It's work in progress as there are a number of things on our list that can enhance the match day experience even more.

What was disappointing was the lack of an announcement at the end to thank everyone for coming and look forward to seeing you at our next home game.

PS I think JR should have made more of an effort handing out flyers for his section of the ground !!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 06, 2010, 06:47:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Well done done to all concerned I think. I looked more than 10356 and what a difference it makes. The atmosphere in the second half was fantastic.

In took a step back when we scored the second (mainly because I injured myself on the seat in front) to see everyone bouncing up and down just reminds you why you come to watch football.

It was so refreshing today to see so many young kids and families, just how it was when we first opened the stadium.

I also have to say it looked as though the ticket office coped very well. I did fear there could be problems with queues but, right up to kick off it appeared people were being served quite quickly.

Anyway, this is just the start. It's work in progress as there are a number of things on our list that can enhance the match day experience even more.

What was disappointing was the lack of an announcement at the end to thank everyone for coming and look forward to seeing you at our next home game.

PS I think JR should have made more of an effort handing out flyers for his section of the ground !!

Spot on IMO, thought the crowd was superb today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012