Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:24:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New signings  (Read 1917 times)

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
New signings
« on August 25, 2021, 08:12:21 pm by chrisfisher »
Getting increasingly concerned now that we will not be adding to the squad in this transfer window.

Liam Holden has stated there has been no further progress made (on Twitter).

Where are the goals going to come from? And with the injuries mounting up, how are we expected to compete?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: New signings
« Reply #1 on August 25, 2021, 08:15:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Come on Bramhall. Spend some bloody money. I have a God given right to a successful football team.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 25, 2021, 08:16:38 pm by chrisfisher »
Come on Bramhall. Spend some bloody money. I have a God given right to a successful football team.

:zzz:

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 25, 2021, 08:18:59 pm by mpc123 »
Getting increasingly concerned now that we will not be adding to the squad in this transfer window.

Where are the goals going to come from? And with the injuries mounting up, how are we expected to compete?

Same as every other club, we have a budget, we have we hit it, we have had lots of injuries.

Accept it

hstripes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 25, 2021, 08:19:27 pm by hstripes »
My understanding is that the manager would prefer to sign a forward on a wage - so possibly a senior/permanent signing or a highly thought of loan player who we pay a loan fee/wage % for - but can't do so unless someone departs most likely Bogle.

If no one leaves the alternative is a 'freebie' loan so probably a young lad with limited experience.

We're waiting on Bogle and his agent to strike a deal or decide not to before Rovers know which option to go down.

Hints are that either way the 2 different deals are lined up.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 25, 2021, 08:23:30 pm by chrisfisher »

Same as every other club, we have a budget, we have we hit it, we have had lots of injuries.

Accept it

What I don't accept is the bullshit being peddled about how good the budget is.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 25, 2021, 08:29:07 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Stay up at least we know we can sign at least 2 more good league 1 players next season when Williams and Bogle are gone.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 25, 2021, 08:31:03 pm by chrisfisher »
Stay up at least we know we can sign at least 2 more good league 1 players next season when Williams and Bogle are gone.

And get relegated and Bogle will probably end up staying to try and get us back up!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 25, 2021, 08:31:59 pm by BobG »
Could you explain please, for mortals like me, how you are able to make statements like this? "...the bullshit being peddled about how good the budget is". I've not seen the Rovers budget. I've not seen the budgets of any other League 1 club either so I really can't comment one way or the other. Having posted that comment you must have in depth knowledge of the Rovers 21/22 budget and how it compares to those of the competitors? I'm sure there are plenty on here who'd be grateful if you would share that knowledge. I know I would be! Thanks.

Cheers

BobG

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 25, 2021, 08:35:27 pm by chrisfisher »
Could you explain please, for mortals like me, how you are able to make statements like this? "...the bullshit being peddled about how good the budget is". I've not seen the Rovers budget. I've not seen the budgets of any other League 1 club either so I really can't comment one way or the other. Having posted that comment you must have in depth knowledge of the Rovers 21/22 budget and how it compares to those of the competitors? I'm sure there are plenty on here who'd be grateful if you would share that knowledge. I know I would be! Thanks.

Cheers

BobG

I'd like to see some proof of the claim that we have the 9th highest budget in the division.
The "squad" we've assembled suggests otherwise.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 25, 2021, 08:36:26 pm by mpc123 »

Accept it

Who are you listening too?

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 25, 2021, 08:37:31 pm by mpc123 »
As far as I've heard the budget is better than last year and next year will be far better

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 25, 2021, 08:39:29 pm by chrisfisher »
As far as I've heard the budget is better than last year and next year will be far better

It's been posted on here that the budget is higher than the one we had in the season pre covid.

Compare that to the squad we have now.

I don't recall us ever not being able to afford loan players before.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 25, 2021, 08:43:47 pm by mpc123 »

It's been posted on here that the budget is higher than the one we had in the season pre covid.

Compare that to the squad we have now.

I don't recall us ever not being able to afford loan players before.

How do you know the other loan signing were not free?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 25, 2021, 08:45:03 pm by danumdon »
"Getting increasingly concerned now that we will not be adding to the squad in this transfer window".

Take a chill pill mate we have to the end of the month, before you start flapping and getting ya knickers in a twist.

"Liam Holden has stated there has been no further progress made (on Twitter)".

LIam Holden gets told exactly what Rovers want him to broadcast when it suits them.

"Where are the goals going to come from? And with the injuries mounting up, how are we expected to compete?"

We have a full forward line to return before the end of the season, we make fit till then or if we bring in new.

Pay your money and watch the matches, why flap about things outside our control.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 25, 2021, 08:47:31 pm by scawsby steve »

How can anyone guarantee that next season's budget will be far better?

If the mess we're in now isn't sorted we'll be down to sub 4000 crowds. How is that going to boost next season's budget?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 25, 2021, 08:50:50 pm by danumdon »

Cheers

BobG

I'd like to see some proof of the claim that we have the 9th highest budget in the division.

There you go again, proof of what? has someone from DRFC come on here and said that the budget is the 9th highest in the league? i must of missed that one.

Your second point is your opinion, no one knows on here outside the club what individual players are signed up to.

Crazy talk.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 25, 2021, 08:51:26 pm by chrisfisher »

How can anyone guarantee that next season's budget will be far better?

If the mess we're in now isn't sorted we'll be down to sub 4000 crowds. How is that going to boost next season's budget?

Exactly. It's all b*llocks. Someone has posted the budgets of the likes of Wimbledon pre covid. No way was ours that high.

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 25, 2021, 08:52:38 pm by chrisfisher »

Cheers

BobG

There you go again, proof of what? has someone from DRFC come on here and said that the budget is the 9th highest in the league? i must of missed that one.

Your second point is your opinion, no one knows on here outside the club what individual players are signed up to.

Crazy talk.

Someone posted it. SM backed it up as more than likely correct.
I'd like some evidence please.

I wonder how many other clubs at this level are struggling to field a striker.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 25, 2021, 09:00:24 pm by mpc123 »

Cheers

BobG

Crazy talk.

We have 3 injured, I cant believe the same info over and over again, silly.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 25, 2021, 09:10:44 pm by the vicar »
no we don’t but we have a right to watch a full team and bench of professional football after we all purchased a season ticket. I know the directors can only put so much in, but we are now struggling to field a side let alone a bench.  I’m fully behind the club and board but we need players weather it’s contracted players or even good free loans, we don’t have any central defence or strikers it is madness
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 09:33:02 pm by the vicar »

redwine

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 25, 2021, 09:12:38 pm by redwine »
Has anyone else twigged re the name of the OP.

Hook, line and sinker definitely springs to mind.

:lol:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 25, 2021, 09:17:21 pm by the vicar »

Accept it

yes the budget is a lot better than last year, but that is because we had so many loan players

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 25, 2021, 09:33:27 pm by danumdon »

Cheers

BobG

Crazy talk.

Backed up or approximated ? because they can still be well apart.

BVB

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 25, 2021, 09:40:34 pm by BVB »

Cheers

BobG

Crazy talk.

We’re doomed! Doomed! Doomed I say!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 25, 2021, 10:18:45 pm by the vicar »

Cheers

BobG

Crazy talk.

We’re doomed! Doomed! Doomed I say!
no one said we are doomed, nothing like over reacting.  We want to get back to reality, WE NEED SOME PLAYERS IN ASAP

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 25, 2021, 10:23:45 pm by Jonathan »
Wellens’ logic is sound. He would rather spend what money he has (subject to offloading Bogle) on the right player, than waste money on players that he doesn’t feel can take us forward. Let’s see where we are a week today.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012