Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:28:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Parking Doncaster airport  (Read 2329 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Parking Doncaster airport
« on August 14, 2017, 06:22:07 pm by ravenrover »
Bit of help people please. We are flying out of Donny airport and living near Nottingham we have to drive and park. I see you can book online parking such as drop off and we will park for you for about £80. Is this the way we should go or is there long term parking near to the departures any cheaper,or is it a good walk? We will be there about 5.30am with a 2 year old in tow, any advice appreciated

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Parking Doncaster airport
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2017, 07:04:02 pm by Filo »
Long stay and short stay parking are an equal distance from the terminal building, just over the road, it is litterally a 2 minute walk from the car parks to the terminal

P.s. I would never use meet and greet again at any airport, my last meet and greet was at East Midlands, all my car settings had been altered, the 4x4 was turned off, I reckon someone had done that to be able to wheel spin in it. Had nothing but problems with it ever since
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 07:06:59 pm by Filo »

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2017, 07:15:43 pm by dknward2 »
Think meet and great at Doncaster is still on site not like other places off site.

Would a taxi not be cheaper

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2017, 07:28:40 pm by Filo »
Meet and greet is on site at East Mids, but who knows what they do with your car while your away.

I believe the OP is from Nottingham, if that is the case it will be cheaper to park up

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2017, 07:36:35 pm by keith79 »
park and ride 10 mins on bus. free to park.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2017, 08:00:05 pm by MrFrost »
Agree. Park and ride. Quid on the bus

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2017, 08:40:41 pm by keith79 »
a quid try 3

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2017, 09:45:06 am by ravenrover »
Where is the park and ride for the airport? Does it run at that time in the morning? Thanks for all the info so far

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2017, 09:58:35 am by DaveDRFC »
Park and ride is at Parrot's Corner junction, across the road from Miller and Carter (what was the Hare and Tortoise). Not sure what time buses start but you could always park there and get a taxi? Wouldn't be expensive, less than a tenner I reckon, and parking is free there. The taxi company based at the airport, Little Arrow, are pretty decent. Used them the last couple of times for early flights and it was 15 quid from Bessacarr.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2017, 10:32:11 am by Jenny »
Little Arrow are rip off merchants, you would be better using another taxi firm that doesn't charge an airport premium. We made the mistake of jumping in one when we got back from Amsterdam, it cost is less than a tenner on the way to the airport using a local firm, and then at least £15 on the way back using Little Arrow.

There is so little choice for parking at the airport which means that the prices are ludicrous.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2017, 11:10:34 am by ravenrover »
Thanks  people, just looked on SY transport park and ride would be OK timewise, just a bit worried about security, do you reckon vehicles left there for 2 weeks would be safe?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2017, 11:36:24 am by RedJ »
I'll check in on it daily for £50. :whistle:

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2017, 11:46:48 am by MrFrost »
Thanks  people, just looked on SY transport park and ride would be OK timewise, just a bit worried about security, do you reckon vehicles left there for 2 weeks would be safe?

It has CCTV and is manned during the day I believe.

It will be as secure as most car parks. There's always a risk. My uncle parked at East Midlands right outside the terminal and was broken into.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2017, 05:18:21 pm by mushRTID »
Slightly off topic but theres signs all up the road to the airport saying theres cameras watching for people getting dropped off (without uisng the payable drop off point)

how f**king tight is that?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 15, 2017, 05:32:23 pm by Jenny »
You can drop off without getting charged - if you use the drop off 'carpark' you pay £1 for 10 minutes and then an extra fiver for every 15 minutes, which is ridiculous.

However, if you go in the short stay car park you get your first 15 minutes free - ideal for drop off and only have to walk about an extra dozen steps. Ideal for drop off, it's pick up that can be a pain as you never know quite what time a flight will land/get baggage etc.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2017, 05:38:06 pm by Filo »
You can drop off without getting charged - if you use the drop off 'carpark' you pay £1 for 10 minutes and then an extra fiver for every 15 minutes, which is ridiculous.

However, if you go in the short stay car park you get your first 15 minutes free - ideal for drop off and only have to walk about an extra dozen steps. Ideal for drop off, it's pick up that can be a pain as you never know quite what time a flight will land/get baggage etc.

As you know I drive taxis and use the free 15 minutes in the car parks all the time, picking up one Friday night a couple of months ago I was picking up people from a flight from Zante, two wizzair flights landed around the same time, everyone on the wizzair flights must have used the car park, it was bedlam trying to get out, I was in there over an hour and it ended up costing me a tenner to get out, well when I say it costed me, it did n't really as I added it on to the fare

TinyPortal © 2005-2012