Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:25:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp  (Read 2434 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Sharp
« on May 03, 2014, 05:16:53 pm by Upton Rover »
just never worked on his return in January, said at the time it wound not work. also looks very much like he will be playing against us next season, Will become a Blade as early as end of May that is for sure, May pick his dummy up when he is playing for his true club

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Sharp
« Reply #1 on May 03, 2014, 05:20:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
just never worked on his return in January, said at the time it wound not work. also looks very much like he will be playing against us next season, Will become a Blade as early as end of May that is for sure, May pick his dummy up when he is playing for his true club

Maybe. It didn't work out for him last time, I'm sure that's soured such a move. Also he was talking about being a prem player in the recent interview. I can see him dropping to Championship, but not League 1 unless the money is very very good.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 03, 2014, 05:39:39 pm by grayx »
We shouldnt break the bank to keep him and cant see many championship teams wanting him on recent performances. Does he seriously think he is a premiership footballer? wow.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 03, 2014, 05:42:55 pm by since-1969 »
Give him a big thank you for trying but it's goodbye this time.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 03, 2014, 05:44:35 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Probably help if he played in a style that created more than cross after cross. Can't blame him for not scoring for us, look at Macheda aswell, done well for Birmingham. It's our tactics they don't get strikers goals.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2014, 05:54:23 pm by Akinfenwa »
Give him service and he will score. Unfortunately he played under a manager that is seemingly incapable of ever getting the best out of attacking players. Same problem at Oldham, same with Macheda and the same with Sharp.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 03, 2014, 07:20:33 pm by ravenrover »
They have the old saying once a blade always a blade Billy for me spent too much time wondering how Sheff Utd were doing in both cup and league. You only have to look at his twitter feed hardly ever a word about DRFC

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 03, 2014, 07:34:47 pm by Al4475 »
Interesting really (or maybe not) but Billy was talking to a few of us at the LJS night last season and the conversation naturally got round to whether or not we'd see him play for Rovers again - that night he said he wasn't sure whether he'd ever come back to DRFC as he'd not want to be less successful than he had been in his first couple of stints.

Prophetic words Billy! Such a pity!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 03, 2014, 08:05:12 pm by MiKA »
Would Humey have been any worse? maybe not so gifted in front of goal (although Billy has lost it too) but at least with Humey he gave his all.

I wish Billy well but don't want him at the Rovers next season.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 03, 2014, 08:07:30 pm by drfc1951 »
Talking of Humey would love him back next season,dont think hes in Prestons plans.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 03, 2014, 09:03:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Me too. I'd have him back also. As for sharp - he shouldn't be a target, it just has not worked.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 04, 2014, 09:11:46 am by The Red Baron »
Talking of Humey would love him back next season,dont think hes in Prestons plans.

He's got to be a consideration because he works well with Brown. No-one else has managed to do that this season, which is a significant reason why we're down.

He's at Fleetwood at the moment. If they win the play-offs I guess they'll want him to stay.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 04, 2014, 09:34:54 am by Sprotyrover »
Can't see him going to blades they won't offer him any more in wages than we would. He may get a squad role at  a mid table Champ club Charlton for instance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012