Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:33:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS  (Read 42982 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: NHS
« Reply #120 on November 04, 2019, 12:08:02 pm by Filo »
BFYP

You'll be wanting this link I guess.

https://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/resource/cancelled-operations#background

Percentage  of operations being cancelled has gone up by half under the Tories, after Labour spent a decade bringing it down.

Fascinating how often the facts support the argument that the Tories have systematically f**ked things up from the economy, to prisons, to the NHS, to social care, to poverty.

But folk still cling to this myth that the Tories are the competent ones. Because ...well I've no idea to be honest.

Brainwashing by a right wing media

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on November 04, 2019, 12:08:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Do you remember back in the Referendum campaign when Give was smugly encouraging people not to listen to experts?

I wonder why the Tories don't want folk listening to experts, eh?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on November 04, 2019, 01:02:03 pm by bpoolrover »
Was the reason they got waiting lists down during the Blair government not partly due to them opening loads of independent treatment centres run by private companies for profit?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on November 04, 2019, 01:19:26 pm by MachoMadness »
Do you remember back in the Referendum campaign when Give was smugly encouraging people not to listen to experts?

I wonder why the Tories don't want folk listening to experts, eh?
I bet you he doesn't use that line when he wants his accounts doing. I reckon he'll want the very best experts then.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on November 04, 2019, 02:45:20 pm by bpoolrover »
Was my point no true thou still? I no they ploughed money into the nhs yes

bpoolrover

• Forum Member

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on November 04, 2019, 07:13:39 pm by wilts rover »
If only there had been a Labour politician who has a a long term history of criticism of New Labour and their policies and was now in position to offer a radical reform of the NHS for the benefit of the whole population rather than the shareholders of private medical companies I am sure they would get your vote wouldn't they bpool?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on November 04, 2019, 07:23:33 pm by wilts rover »
Just to show how badly Labour have funded the NHS, and how well the Tories have supported it, particularly the Cameron governments here is a chart. What do you mean that is not what the chart shows...

https://fullfact.org/health/how-nhs-funded/

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on November 04, 2019, 07:26:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Boris Johnson criticised for selective quotes about NHS in letter to voters

PM wrongly implied medical experts were fully supportive of government policy

Boris Johnson has been criticised for misleading voters over the Tories’ record on the NHS, after he sent letters to voters in swing seats that selectively quoted a charity.

The letter, sent out across marginal seats such as High Peak and Reading West, highlighted comments from various media sources and charities praising the long-term plan for the NHS, which was set out before Johnson took office.

One of the highlighted quotes, from Sarb Bajwa, the chief executive of the British Psychological Society, lauded the plan for a “clear commitment to mental health through increased spending and introducing access standards”.

But Johnson’s letter missed off subsequent parts of the quote saying that there was “still a long way to go”, though the plan showed the NHS was listening to concerns about mental health provision. It also highlighted the need for “immediate action for children and young people’s services as they have become woefully underfunded and overstretched” and for mental health provision outside the NHS to be resourced effectively.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/04/boris-johnson-criticised-for-selective-quotes-about-nhs-in-letter-to-voters

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on November 04, 2019, 07:46:32 pm by albie »
Dispatches last Monday was worth a look. Here is the press release;
https://www.channel4.com/press/news/trumps-plan-nhs-channel-4-dispatches

Should be on catch up, if you missed it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on November 04, 2019, 08:11:46 pm by bpoolrover »
If only there had been a Labour politician who has a a long term history of criticism of New Labour and their policies and was now in position to offer a radical reform of the NHS for the benefit of the whole population rather than the shareholders of private medical companies I am sure they would get your vote wouldn't they bpool?
I have voted labour before and if they had someone more centre left and not corbyn or McDonnell probably would have last general election, the only reason I put links up is to balance a little the hundreds of anti Tory ones that get put up

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on November 04, 2019, 08:35:11 pm by SydneyRover »
But happy to support Tories with Johnson a far right and totally disreputable?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on November 04, 2019, 08:52:40 pm by wilts rover »
I have voted labour before and if they had someone more centre left and not corbyn or McDonnell probably would have last general election, the only reason I put links up is to balance a little the hundreds of anti Tory ones that get put up

And I for one would like to thank you for that as I enjoy (most) of your posts and hope you keep on doing so as it gives me the opportunity to counter them.

When you cast your vote in the country with the 6th largest economy in the world in 2015 was this what you were expecting? Because this is what you voted for:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on November 04, 2019, 09:42:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah Wilts.

But everyone knows people only use food banks because they can't cook.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2014/12/08/poor-people-use-food-banks-because-they-cant-cook-says-tory-peer-4978956/amp/

Or because the existence of food banks generates it's own demand because people will always want something for nothing.
https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/03/food-banks-lord-freud_n_3538747.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAAfPzYD3w7L98GR9gvZTSrlUjF0369ZdWqKKXrZydfkiINSVgC1j6cEH_yChQx-KPe8Xjz_7H2Ekke4bao1wqzCMpdqFCfsDHcv43Luqvk9E7iUyLVhCsaHT9eFYlx7Y-A-yYnHujmqM9SWod-cf799Hpf0SfJ79ylrSDzhSN9dt

Or because they spend all their money on junk food then need baling out.
https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/03/21/tebbit-food-bank_n_5005676.html

And anyway, the Final Solution of course is to cull those on benefits.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/amp/entry/tory-minister-backs-candidate-who-said-people-on-benefits-street-putting-down_uk_5dbfe555e4b03d0aacfc3a36/

The ignorant, entitled callousness of the Tories eh? They create the problem, they refuse to acknowledge it exists, then they blame the people they have f**ked over for having the temerity to be poor.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on November 04, 2019, 09:52:38 pm by bpoolrover »
I choose wilts not only to vote on the economy but on the people now while boris is not really my cup of tea I prefer him to Jeremy and McDonnell, as I say if them 2 were to go things might be different

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on November 04, 2019, 10:00:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Why, specifically Bpool? You know that Johnson is a pathological liar with no interest in anything but furthering his own career?

Why is he so much preferable to Corbyn that you would vote for him despite his policies.

And you'll know that I've had my own major criticisms of Corbyn for years, so I hope you appreciate that this is a genuine question.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on November 04, 2019, 10:15:29 pm by bpoolrover »
There are many reasons mate some personal mainly due to his Irish connections that I’m not going to get into on here but that is the jist of it really

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on November 04, 2019, 10:35:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Understood.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on November 04, 2019, 10:38:29 pm by SydneyRover »
And Johnson is beholden to the erg, Egregious Regressive Gobshites  :)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on November 04, 2019, 11:04:51 pm by SydneyRover »
There are many reasons mate some personal mainly due to his Irish connections that I’m not going to get into on here but that is the jist of it really

Maybe it's in your own interests not to bring up a subject that you don't wish to discus, no?   :facepalm:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on November 05, 2019, 01:45:53 am by bobjimwilly »
So, because he had the audacity to want to speak with people who knew members of the IRA, to try and bring the troubles to an end, you would rather f**k over the majority of people in this country for a generation and vote Tory?

Fantastic.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on November 05, 2019, 02:25:59 am by SydneyRover »
''Poorest hit hardest by cuts to public health spending – research

Most deprived parts of England have lost six times as much funding as prosperous areas

England’s poorest communities have borne the brunt of almost £900m of cuts to public health spending, despite them having higher rates of disease, research has revealed.

Places with high levels of deprivation such as Liverpool, Blackpool and Birmingham have lost much more of their budgets to prevent problems such obesity and smoking than better-off areas.

One pound in every £7 of the £871.6m that has been cut from Whitehall’s public health grant to local councils in England over the last five years has been taken from budgets in the 10 poorest areas of the country.

In contrast the 10 wealthiest places have lost public health funding equivalent to just £1 in every £46''

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/nov/05/poorest-hit-hardest-by-cuts-to-public-health-spending-research

ere Marge ood we vote for last time? we dint go George luv wot's point?  :)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #144 on November 05, 2019, 05:33:20 pm by wilts rover »
I choose wilts not only to vote on the economy but on the people now while boris is not really my cup of tea I prefer him to Jeremy and McDonnell, as I say if them 2 were to go things might be different

Well it's your vote to cast how you wish bpool. But I do seem to remember that in the summer you were one of the people defending the right of the Tories to replace May with Johnson without an automatic GE because in a GE the public vote for a party and not a person as PM.

The best way of getting McDonnell & Corbyn to go is to join the Labour Party and vote them out.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on November 05, 2019, 05:50:54 pm by bpoolrover »
That won’t happen with momentum involved thou mate

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on November 09, 2019, 07:08:20 am by SydneyRover »
Wakey wakey hands off snakey, your morning news:

''Revealed: private surgery for NHS patients soars under Tories

Figure show almost threefold increase since 2010 to over 600,000 procedures last year

The number of NHS patients having surgery in private hospitals has nearly trebled since 2010, sparking accusations that for-profit companies are benefitting from an “enfeebled” health system under the Conservatives.

NHS figures obtained by the Guardian show that it paid for 214,967 people in England to have an operation in a private hospital in 2009-10, Labour’s last year in power. The figure soared to 613,833 last year, a 185% rise in nine years.

The figures come as NHS trusts are increasingly forced to send patients to for private surgery because they are too busy and understaffed to do the operations themselves. The sharp rise in outsourcing has coincided with the waiting-list for non-urgent operations ballooning to 4.6m, the highest figure since records began in 2007.''

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/nov/08/private-surgery-nhs-patients-soars-under-tories

write 100 times, it's not privatisation it's outsourcing, it's not privatisation it's outsourcing, it's not ...................  :)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on November 09, 2019, 07:17:51 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Sydney what is the solution to that? And dont say it's all funding, funding is higher than it was 10 years ago so what's the cause?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on November 09, 2019, 08:02:30 am by SydneyRover »
Well if it isn't funding it must be the faeries? no

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on November 09, 2019, 08:25:42 am by wilts rover »
Sydney what is the solution to that? And dont say it's all funding, funding is higher than it was 10 years ago so what's the cause?

Is it? Then again I suppose if you can show that funding at a specific point today is £1 higher than a specific point 10 years ago - ignoring inflation and under funding for 10 years that have run the NHS into the ground - then in might be. But its not what this graph shows.

Or this second graph that shows how the most wealthy have increased their wealth - including those who run the private health care services that now benefit from NHS money - whilst NHS funding has stagnated.

There was a nurse on LBC radio yesterday saying that in his hospital around 75% of the nursing staff are from private agencies - and they get paid a third more than NHS nurses. Not that the nurse will receive that - the agency will.

So the NHS may have slightly more funding than 10 years ago. But this funding is not going to patient care. It is going to the profits of private care companies.

Under fund it, run the service down, allow private companies to take over, charge people for using it. It happened with the railways and royal mail, now its happening with the NHS. Jeremy Hunt literally wrote a book about it:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-hunt-privatise-nhs-tories-privatising-private-insurance-market-replacement-direct-democracy-a6865306.html

TinyPortal © 2005-2012