Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 07:53:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omicron ?  (Read 5003 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Omicron ?
« on November 26, 2021, 10:56:31 pm by normal rules »
This isn’t a sinister sounding word at all is it?
I know it’s a letter in the Greek alphabet, but there must have been others to use.

Alpha, delta, omicron?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Omicron ?
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2021, 11:15:11 pm by Nudga »
Moronic!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2021, 11:37:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think the next Greek letter was supposed to be Nu, but Nu Variant would have gone down well with the deniers wouldn't it...

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 27, 2021, 12:41:53 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Not as downbeat as omega.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 27, 2021, 08:26:46 am by tommy toes »
They were going to call it Pi but it wasn't pukka.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 27, 2021, 09:19:29 am by drfchound »
Moronic!

Good that Nudga, well seen.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 27, 2021, 09:31:20 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 12:29:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2021, 04:52:56 pm by normal rules »
Inevitable. There will be a lot more.
The Belgium case flew in from Egypt. We have thousands of brits there on holiday currently.
Big question, is if this variant is a problem in regard to current vaccines. Which we won’t know for 2 weeks.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2021, 05:41:43 pm by phil old leake »
We need to be putting pressure on all the lunatics who are endangering people and not getting jabbed
My nephew is one and he can’t even say why he just hasn’t done it

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2021, 05:42:29 pm by Nudga »
Hahaha hahaha

Not much faith in your first 2 or 3 jabs have you.

If you wear your glasses at the same time as me, we'll both be able to see better

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2021, 06:38:29 pm by normal rules »
Just checked on tui website. I can still book a flight to Egypt this Monday for a holiday. Madness.
This is where we fail.
Our inability to react quickly and decisively is woeful.
People cannot be trusted to do the pcr on return. People still don’t have track and trace. There are many people that just don’t give a shit about it.
If, and it’s a big if, this new variant is vaccine resistant, then everything we have endured up to now is just the warm up act to the main event.

colfromdonny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2021, 06:44:29 pm by colfromdonny »
Thought it was a new Transformers baddie  :chair:

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2021, 07:23:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
We need to be putting pressure on all the lunatics who are endangering people and not getting jabbed
My nephew is one and he can’t even say why he just hasn’t done it

The levels of angst and intolerance i see vented when someone isn't able to force another to have a vaccine does provide me with some small amount of brief entertainment.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 27, 2021, 07:32:11 pm by ravenrover »
New measures wont make much difference to me I have continued to wear a face mask even though, stupidly in my opinion, it wasn't mandatory. Some one said today 50% were not wearing masks on the tube in London even though it's a condition of travel, I have news for that person my experience earlier this year is that it is more like 90 - 95% who aren't wearing them, my worry is that that trend will continue

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2021, 10:59:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
New measures wont make much difference to me I have continued to wear a face mask even though, stupidly in my opinion, it wasn't mandatory. Some one said today 50% were not wearing masks on the tube in London even though it's a condition of travel, I have news for that person my experience earlier this year is that it is more like 90 - 95% who aren't wearing them, my worry is that that trend will continue

So have I.   My job includes supermarket IT stuff I travel all over south Yorkshire and Lincolnshire  I am pretty fastidious with the sanitiser, masks etc. I worked all the way through I finally succumbed about a month ago it aint nice!! I'm basically ok but totally knackered it hits you. I was in sunny Grimsby this last week, a virtually full bus pulled into the the stop as I was going past virtually no one was wearing a mask.  I was due my booster just as i tested positive, i had to cancel cos I cant have it now for 28 days after the 1st positive test and basically not allowed to test for 90 days unless full blown symptoms as the results will be skewed  My personal opinion  a mask or a face shield should be mandatory  I have tried both if you have a respiratory issue a face shield really  doesn't interfere    :chair:       

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 28, 2021, 08:20:44 am by Nudga »

So have I.   My job includes supermarket IT stuff I travel all over south Yorkshire and Lincolnshire  I am pretty fastidious with the sanitiser, masks etc. I worked all the way through I finally succumbed about a month ago it aint nice!! I'm basically ok but totally knackered it hits you. I was in sunny Grimsby this last week, a virtually full bus pulled into the the stop as I was going past virtually no one was wearing a mask.  I was due my booster just as i tested positive, i had to cancel cos I cant have it now for 28 days after the 1st positive test and basically not allowed to test for 90 days unless full blown symptoms as the results will be skewed  My personal opinion  a mask or a face shield should be mandatory  I have tried both if you have a respiratory issue a face shield really  doesn't interfere    :chair:       

So now you have natural immunity (remember that one guys?) and survived "this bas**rd".
Yeah you felt rough for a bit but you're still choosing to look on the negative side.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 28, 2021, 09:34:51 am by Donnywolf »
Omicron moronic [for Dutch Uncle's collection]

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 28, 2021, 01:04:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

So now you have natural immunity (remember that one guys?) and survived "this bas**rd".
Yeah you felt rough for a bit but you're still choosing to look on the negative side.
I knew 6 people who played Russian Roulette. 5 of them survived. I don't know what all the fuss is about.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 28, 2021, 01:09:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Whats negative?   thats the last thing I am about it.  Its my opinion, at the moment to wear a mask or face shield is the safest option  as for feeling "rough" for a few days.....................................

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 28, 2021, 01:14:11 pm by Sprotyrover »
Well done Sprotbrough we are top of the Covid hit parade in Donny
With double the infection rate of Bentley, Edlo and woodlands

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 28, 2021, 02:27:08 pm by roversdude »
It will be even worse after the switch on last night Sproty fortunately (or unfortunately) I was on my way back from Burton so didn’t go

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 28, 2021, 08:44:18 pm by Nudga »
Well done Sprotbrough we are top of the Covid hit parade in Donny
With double the infection rate of Bentley, Edlo and woodlands

Bentley, edlo and woodlands probably less likely to  test after sneezing though

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 29, 2021, 07:04:02 am by Donnywolf »
Moronic!

I sent that to Dutch earlier as he collects "Withagrams" but that was before I realised of his sad loss

Also Coronavirus = carnivorous was one I spotted when it first sprang up

Not being a linguist but fascinated by such stuff I hadnt realised Greek alphabet has 2 letter o's till someone on Twitter pointed out that "he KNEW that there WERE 2 o's - a small o named O...micron  and a large O   O...mega"

That has been plain to see my whole life [he said] & yet I never spotted it till today ... duh
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:07:17 am by Donnywolf »

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 29, 2021, 07:27:52 am by KeithMyath »
Moronic!

I sent that to Dutch earlier as he collects "Withagrams" but that was before I realised of his sad loss

Also Coronavirus = carnivorous was one I spotted when it first sprang up

Not being a linguist but fascinated by such stuff I hadnt realised Greek alphabet has 2 letter o's till someone on Twitter pointed out that "he KNEW that there WERE 2 o's - a small o named O...micron  and a large O   O...mega"

That has been plain to see my whole life [he said] & yet I never spotted it till today ... duh

I can’t believe I didn’t know that either.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 29, 2021, 08:49:28 am by Axholme Lion »
Why is international travel not banned?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 29, 2021, 09:24:32 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
OMICRON = MASS HYSTERIA

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on November 29, 2021, 10:41:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
ALL UK POPULATION REFUSE VACCINATION = MILLIONS OF DEATHS.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 29, 2021, 10:54:58 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
ALL UK POPULATION REFUSE VACCINATION = MILLIONS OF DEATHS.

With a survival rate of over 99.9% for UNVACCINATED people that the virus has, i'd suggest that your maths isn't great.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on November 29, 2021, 10:57:33 am by River Don »
I have my fingers crossed about Omnicron, reports that it produces only mild symptoms are encouraging. A highly transmissible, mild version is really what we need to have.

Some worrying reports about elavated pulse rates, though. The last think we want is a shift to something that affects the heart more.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012