Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 06:42:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omicron ?  (Read 4995 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Omicron ?
« Reply #30 on November 29, 2021, 11:06:33 am by Filo »
OMICRON = MASS HYSTERIA

With your constant bangng of the anti drum the only mass hysteria I see is coming from you, I’ve said before if you want to live your life unprotected thats fine by me, just don’t ridicule those who are trying to stay protected

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on November 29, 2021, 11:24:46 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
OMICRON = MASS HYSTERIA

With your constant bangng of the anti drum the only mass hysteria I see is coming from you, I’ve said before if you want to live your life unprotected thats fine by me, just don’t ridicule those who are trying to stay protected

I'm only doing that because they are the ones not just happy to have their freedoms curtailed but are actively calling for others to have theirs curtailed too. Which is selfish.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 29, 2021, 11:39:30 am by Colin C No.3 »
ALL UK POPULATION REFUSE VACCINATION = MILLIONS OF DEATHS.
l

With a survival rate of over 99.9% for UNVACCINATED people that the virus has, i'd suggest that your maths isn't great.
Nothing to do with the millions of responsible people who have been vaccinated thus helping to stop the spread of the virus then, including to the 99.9% survivors (your stats) of UNVACCINATED (why do you feel the need to ‘shout’?) people you’re clearly a fully paid up member of.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on November 29, 2021, 11:42:43 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Oh great. Another one.

The vaccine does not stop the spread of the bloody virus. Even Bozo Johnson said that the other day on his press conference yet ignorant zealots like you still cannot understand this.

Jabbed people are no more protecting others than the unjabbed. Learn that and come back when you have.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 29, 2021, 11:56:30 am by Colin C No.3 »
Well when you start believing anything lying Bozo has to say you really are in desperate mode.

You’re also very blaise in name calling. I’d be very, very careful in the language you use the next time you respond to my posts fella.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on November 29, 2021, 12:00:33 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Well when you start believing anything lying Bozo has to say you really are in desperate mode.

You’re also very blaise in name calling. I’d be very, very careful in the language you use the next time you respond to my posts fella.

Colin. I am saying that the vaccine does not really stop transmission. Your point about believing Boris is valid but the science still says this.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 29, 2021, 12:26:10 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Colin. I am saying that the vaccine does not really stop transmission. Your point about believing Boris is valid but the science still says this.
‘The science says’.

The WHO says ‘The covid-19 vaccine is safe & effective in preventing serious illness or death from the virus’.

For arguments sake, if everyone in the world were to be fully vaccinated there would be fewer deaths than there have been from covid.

If everyone in the world were to refuse to be vaccinated…..

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 29, 2021, 01:16:20 pm by River Don »
The BBC News has just featured a South African Doctor who said the cases of Omnicron she has seen so far have mild symptoms.

It would not require ICU, it would not require hospital admission and can easily be treated from home.

This is just what we need to hear. If this turns out to be correct and it out competes Delta, then we are moving from a pandemic to an endemic situation. Then we can start to just live with it.

Fingers crossed.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 29, 2021, 01:18:48 pm by normal rules »
I’ve read a report that suggests omicron could be a blessing in disguise. As it’s symptoms MAY be lesser than say Delta. If omicron becomes dominant, it could eradicate the more problematic delta variant.
These are ifs and ands at the moment of course.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 29, 2021, 04:41:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

With a survival rate of over 99.9% for UNVACCINATED people that the virus has, i'd suggest that your maths isn't great.

Clearly and unambiguously wrong on the numbers.

0.2% of the entire UK population has died of COVID. In several countries the figure is much higher. In Bergamo 0.6% of the population died of COVID in a matter of weeks. So, no, 99.9% of infected people don't survive. The figure is more like 99.5% at the very highest.

But that's not the way to look at it. Pitch it this way. 1 in 200 of all unvaccinated people who catch COVID will be dead in 4 weeks.

No ask yourself: what other activity would we "meh" at, if 1 in 200 participants died shortly after taking part in it?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 05:08:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 29, 2021, 04:53:48 pm by Ldr »

0.2% of the entire UK population has died of COVID. In several countries the figure is much higher. In Bergamo 0.6% of the population died of COVID in a matter of weeks. So, no, 99.9% of infected people don't survive. The figure is more like 99.5%.

But that's not the way to look at it. Pitch it this way. 1 in 200 of all unvaccinated people who catch COVID will be dead in 4 weeks.

No ask yourself: what other activity would we "meh" at, if 1 in 200 participants died shortly after taking part in it?

0.2% of the uk population has died where COVID has been noted, it may have been a contributing factor and in a lot of cases not.

Be honest man

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 29, 2021, 05:22:27 pm by albie »
The BBC News has just featured a South African Doctor who said the cases of Omnicron she has seen so far have mild symptoms.

It would not require ICU, it would not require hospital admission and can easily be treated from home.

This is just what we need to hear. If this turns out to be correct and it out competes Delta, then we are moving from a pandemic to an endemic situation. Then we can start to just live with it.

Fingers crossed.

RD,

Apparently this impression is due to the editing of her interview.

She was talking about the current impact in SA, where many of the infections are in a younger age group, and where the level of vaccination is much lower.

This tells us very little about how the same variant will perform in UK circumstances.
I agree with JVT that we need to be cautious for data to emerge over the next 2/3 weeks or so.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 29, 2021, 05:53:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

0.2% of the entire UK population has died of COVID. In several countries the figure is much higher. In Bergamo 0.6% of the population died of COVID in a matter of weeks. So, no, 99.9% of infected people don't survive. The figure is more like 99.5%.

0.2% of the uk population has died where COVID has been noted, it may have been a contributing factor and in a lot of cases not.

Be honest man

I am so tired of dealing with this absolute nonsense.

The vast majority of the deaths occurred in three short periods, during which the overall death rate increased by 50-100% on its normal figures. Anyone who can look at that and not conclude that the deaths were FROM COVID is either too stupid to draw logical conclusions, or pushing some other agenda. If you have ANY evidence that significant numbers of people who were at death's door are included in the COVID death figures, people who were just about to die, I mean, not people with co-morbidities, then point me in that direction. Otherwise, please stop posting this nonsense.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on November 29, 2021, 06:00:54 pm by Ldr »
You clearly have an agenda to push, I’ll leave you to it. One day you may come clean

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 29, 2021, 06:11:01 pm by selby »
  I watched the first broadcast of that doctor on UK News Friday morning which as albie says has been cut and edited to a shortened version since.
  The impression she gave was that at the moment the infected people were showing milder symptoms, but it was early in their illness, and that they could not come to the conclusion it was a milder form until at least another 14 days monitoring of the infection and was complete to confirm whether it was or not.
  Basically they do not know yet and time will tell.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 29, 2021, 06:19:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You clearly have an agenda to push, I’ll leave you to it. One day you may come clean

I do have an agenda. I want to live in a country where people deal with stuff from a position of knowledge and understanding, not unsubstantiated b*llocks.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 29, 2021, 06:21:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I have to admit, I did go and check that Sir Desmond Swayne really IS an MP, not a comedy character.

He really is.

Sweet f**king baby Jesus and all the angels, this man votes in Parliament.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1465266433546461188

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on November 29, 2021, 06:31:40 pm by selby »
  Billy, the generation gap was evident in the Glasshoughton Shopping centre this morning with a far larger percentage of shoppers in the older age groups wearing masks than the younger generations.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 29, 2021, 06:33:48 pm by Ldr »

I do have an agenda. I want to live in a country where people deal with stuff from a position of knowledge and understanding, not unsubstantiated b*llocks.

Oh the irony of this coming from the master manipulator

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 29, 2021, 06:36:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby.

In our local shops, 90% of younger people were wearing masks until the official line changed to "make your own judgement".

They made their own judgement that they weren't at risk, and now fewer than 10% wear masks.

Do you think the official guidance changing might have been a bit less than helpful?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 29, 2021, 06:38:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr. I have never once posted data that I knew to be wrong. If that's what you have left in your sheaf of insults, you ought to save yourself the effort of typing.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 29, 2021, 06:59:18 pm by wilts rover »
83% of Britons support the new requirement in England for face masks to be worn in shops and on public transport

Support - 83%
Oppose - 14%

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1465339059795120139

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 29, 2021, 07:13:22 pm by idler »
I wonder how a poll on here would pan out?
Have we more than 14% opposition on here I wonder or are they just more vocal?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on November 29, 2021, 07:13:58 pm by Nudga »
YouGov, hahaha Kinnell

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on November 29, 2021, 07:49:13 pm by selby »
I guess Billy it just shows the older generation are more intelligent in your eyes seeing as how they were issued the same information  by the same government then.
  Funny how you berate them for going against government advice over the referendum. I just think they could be more sensible.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on November 29, 2021, 08:09:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No Selby.
It shows that people are making a judgement based on how at risk THEY feel. Because the guidance from the Govt on what mask wearing actually does has been utter shite from the off.

Old people feel at risk, so they wear masks.

Young people don't, so they don't.

What has been totally absent in the Govt guidance is the clear message that the primary point of masks is not to protect the wearer but to stop the wearer infecting others. So how in God's name people are supposed to use their own judgement on how at risk they feel, in order to make a rational decision on mask wearing (and that is the official advice) is anyone's guess.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 29, 2021, 08:10:27 pm by River Don »

Fingers crossed.

RD,

Apparently this impression is due to the editing of her interview.

She was talking about the current impact in SA, where many of the infections are in a younger age group, and where the level of vaccination is much lower.

This tells us very little about how the same variant will perform in UK circumstances.
I agree with JVT that we need to be cautious for data to emerge over the next 2/3 weeks or so.

Yep,

I know it's too soon to say.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on November 29, 2021, 08:17:08 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Selby.

In our local shops, 90% of younger people were wearing masks until the official line changed to "make your own judgement".

They made their own judgement that they weren't at risk, and now fewer than 10% wear masks.

Do you think the official guidance changing might have been a bit less than helpful?

Yes quite.  "The government and prime minister are idiots I wouldn't listen or do what they do"? So why did you stop wearing a mask?  "The government and prime minister said it was ok and Matt Hancock had an affair."

Ok, my point above is hugely exaggerated, but I do think a lot of the population rightly at the time made the judgement for themselves.  That judgement in my opinion was mostly misplaced but it's a judgement each should in many cases be entitled to make.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on November 29, 2021, 09:11:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP

If the official advice goes from mandating mask wearing, to letting people decide for themselves, what do you think people are going to do?

We went on holiday on the day the advice changed. It was astonishing how the number of people not wearing masks increased overnight.

If there is one thing we have learned from this whole affair, it's that, mostly, people listen to and act on Govt guidance. The problems have come when there hasn't been clear guidance.

And I really don't get how it is the right thing to do, to leave to individuals a decision about how much threat they are prepared to impose on others. It makes no practical, logical or moral sense.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:13:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on November 30, 2021, 08:30:06 am by Axholme Lion »
I am the oldest where i work. The young ones don't care about anything other than themselves. Most of them are out every weekend and don't give a monkeys about anyone else. Maybe it would have been better for all if we had seen more fatalities in the younger age groups.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012