Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 01:06:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Omicron ?  (Read 4999 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Omicron ?
« Reply #60 on November 30, 2021, 08:39:10 am by Ldr »
Ldr. I have never once posted data that I knew to be wrong. If that's what you have left in your sheaf of insults, you ought to save yourself the effort of typing.

BST I’m not trying to fall out here but you know as well as everyone that the metrics are flawed. Died within 28 days of a positive test does not confirm death from COVID as you appear to keep pushing. No one is disputing a tragedy is in progress but I wish ppl would be honest about the figures.

A couple of observations.

The picture logically is better than the figures (however you look at them) present. This is due to the undoubted asymptomatic cases out there that haven’t been tested due to unawareness. These means the hospitalisation rate (not absolute numbers, you can’t miss a hospitalisation easily) will be lower as will the mortality rate.

Second, vital mutations are generally a good thing, they invariably get more infectious but less deadly. Again this is logical, a virus replicates, that’s is sole function, it defeats its own purpose by being too detrimental to the reservoir of life it has to live in.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 30, 2021, 10:01:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ldr.

The headline figures are a simple 28 day rule and yes, I entirely agree that not everyone who died within 28 days of a COVID test would have lived if they hadn't caught COVID.

Every week, the ONS deals with this by releasing figures from death certificates. The certificates state the medics' opinions on whether COVID was the leading cause or not of the death. Typically, only around 12% of case have people dying WITH COVID, with the rest, in the medics' opinions, being deaths DUE TO COVID.

The latest figures of this sort show that around 135,000 people have died OF COVID.

That is 0.2% of the entire population. That is the figure I gave, that you challenged, accusing me if manipulating data. I don't. I never have and I very much resent that unwarranted slur. Not because it upsets me. Because it implies an assumption of bad faith that destroys intelligent debate.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 30, 2021, 10:09:34 am by Ldr »
I apologise for making you feel that way. I feel as you do over perceived misrepresentation of figures which then become accepted as fact

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 30, 2021, 10:12:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »
PS.

I've also cited a figure of 175k COVID deaths. This is where that comes from.

The ONS figures show a total of 150k people's death certificates mentioning COVID. That's 135k where COVID was the leading cause (OF, if you like) and 15k where it was a factor but not primary (WITH).

But there's a strange thing happened in the first wave. There were 25k excess deaths where COVID wasn't mentioned on the death certificate. The ONS has  investigated this and believes the overwhelmingly most likely explanation is that these people died of undiagnosed COVID.

So the total number of COVID-,related deaths is very likely to be 175k, of which COVID was the primary cause of death in 160k cases.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 30, 2021, 10:46:12 am by Ldr »
I give up

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on November 30, 2021, 01:09:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apologies Ldr. I misread your post while hotfooting it to a meeting. I've deleted my comment and apologise for assuming the worst!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 30, 2021, 01:32:12 pm by Axholme Lion »
These fellow seems to be talking sense. A calm and reasoned approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFMkXxX07U

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 30, 2021, 02:02:52 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I always thought Neil Oliver was more interested in promoting his own image rather than The Coast programme he fronted.

Some things never change, except that here he's espousing conspiracy theories that the gullable, like Axholme Lion, not only swallow but trumpet.

Is your Earth flat AL?

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 30, 2021, 02:05:52 pm by no eyed deer »
These fellow seems to be talking sense. A calm and reasoned approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgFMkXxX07U

sums up how I feel.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 30, 2021, 02:24:47 pm by Axholme Lion »
I always thought Neil Oliver was more interested in promoting his own image rather than The Coast programme he fronted.

Some things never change, except that here he's espousing conspiracy theories that the gullable, like Axholme Lion, not only swallow but trumpet.

Is your Earth flat AL?

No, but i bet yours would be if the powers that be and their SAGE puppets told you so. I didn't hear much of a  conspiracy theory, just a calm, reasoned assessment of the situation.
Try thinking for yourself rather than being a sheep.

Also i think you'll find gullible is the correct spelling.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 30, 2021, 02:37:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Neil Oliver? Talking sense? The man is a walking fruitcake!

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 30, 2021, 03:04:01 pm by no eyed deer »

Is your Earth flat AL?

No, but i bet yours would be if the powers that be and their SAGE puppets told you so. I didn't hear much of a  conspiracy theory, just a calm, reasoned assessment of the situation.

I’d leave it there....he will be giving you his seat number, wanting to arrange a meet !!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 30, 2021, 03:25:25 pm by Axholme Lion »

Is your Earth flat AL?

I’d leave it there....he will be giving you his seat number, wanting to arrange a meet !!

HA HA.  :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on November 30, 2021, 03:44:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Boris wants us all to wear a mask. "Well, when you start believing anything lying Bozo has to say you really are in desperate mode."

Don't wear a mask.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 30, 2021, 04:41:56 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Is your Earth flat AL?

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

I’d do anything to avoid being in a situation where I was struggling so hard to get a next breath panic sets in, it’s not what you need but it’s a natural phenomena (I checked the spelling). To feel your body going into ‘shut down’ because you can’t physically draw oxygen into it is not a place you want to be, & if your loved one/s are there to witness that ‘scene’, horrible.

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone & if there is a vaccine that had the capacity, even if you caught the virus, to ensure you wouldn’t have to endure such a terrifying ordeal, why wouldn’t you take it?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on November 30, 2021, 04:48:26 pm by Axholme Lion »

Is your Earth flat AL?

Thanks for the spelling lesson.

I’d do anything to avoid being in a situation where I was struggling so hard to get a next breath panic sets in, it’s not what you need but it’s a natural phenomena (I checked the spelling). To feel your body going into ‘shut down’ because you can’t physically draw oxygen into it is not a place you want to be, & if your loved one/s are there to witness that ‘scene’, horrible.

I wouldn’t wish that on anyone & if there is a vaccine that had the capacity, even if you caught the virus, to ensure you wouldn’t have to endure such a terrifying ordeal, why wouldn’t you take it?

I have taken it and am having the booster on Monday. That's not what his main point is. It's now become more about flexing their muscles and keeping us all in our boxes. I'm doing the vaccine, mask and distance thing but that's it, i'm not going to be dicked around any more. I was due to go and see Madness and Squeeze at Sheffield on Saturday but i'm going to chuck the tickets in the bin as i can't be arsed with all the pissing around involved.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on November 30, 2021, 04:57:14 pm by River Don »
We appear to be leaving the stable door open while we see what the horse does.

Again.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 05, 2021, 09:05:33 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Oh great. Looks like we are going to have a daily running commentary by the media on Omicron cases now. Up to 246 today. No doubt it will go up tomorrow and continue to rise. Surprise surprise.  Why do we need to know the numbers of a variant of a virus that we can't stop anyway? Just more unnecessary fearmongering. 

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 05, 2021, 09:28:22 pm by rich1471 »
Lockdown for Christmas anyone

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on December 05, 2021, 09:30:28 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Omicron B = No Crimbo!

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 06, 2021, 10:22:18 pm by rich1471 »

Omicron B = No Crimbo!
it does ,who added the B to it

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on December 06, 2021, 10:29:25 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
BB

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 06, 2021, 10:34:42 pm by drfchound »
New variation perhaps.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on December 06, 2021, 11:00:06 pm by Bentley Bullet »
it's full name is Omicron (B.1.1.529)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 06, 2021, 11:07:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
B1 and B2.

Not Omicron variant related but the names of the bananas in bananas in pyjamas.  :)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on December 07, 2021, 07:31:13 am by normal rules »
The dimbleby lecture was very interesting last night. An account of the development of the vaccines from the horses mouth. Interesting to hear her comments about how the MSM squew  reality.
I’d recommend watching it.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 07, 2021, 04:27:36 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
The government is working its way towards restrictions for Christmas in my opinion unfortunately. It’s up to each individual family whether they listen or don’t.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on December 07, 2021, 04:34:20 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
When was the last time that Boris made an announcement and it was good news and something to look forward to?

It usually means more OTT over reaction and more restrictions.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on December 07, 2021, 05:22:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
When was the last time that Boris made an announcement and it was good news and something to look forward to?

Yes indeed. God forbid some highly transmissible virus curtails your door to door carol singing this year.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 07, 2021, 06:21:00 pm by drfchound »

I thought it was good news that the government are coming down more heavily on drug dealers, even if some people think it is a minor crime.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012