Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:58:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Can we do this?  (Read 1260 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Can we do this?
« on March 06, 2012, 10:55:35 pm by RoversAlias »
I decided the best way to follow tonight's game would be sat in the pub, not paying any attention to it and having a couple of pints :lol: . Told my dad to ring me whenever there was a goal and I have to say the three times the phone rang I was dreading answering! I answred for the first time around half past 8 to hear him telling me the half time round-up and that it was still 0-0...oh, hang on a second we're going to the City Ground where there's been a goal! Even when trying to stay away from following the game properly I still cannot get away from the nerves and tension of moments like that. :laugh: . I evntually got home and stuck Final Score on and I felt as nervous as I do when I'm at the game! Only watching the scores come in for the last 5 minutes. Thank God we held on, it's a terrific victory, absolutely superb and I'm delighted for everyone tonight.

We now sit three points from safety, crucially perhaps with two games in hand and a competitive goal difference in relation to the two sides sat just above the red line. We really need to take this win and use it to full effect, gain confidence and build on it. West Ham away is possibly the worst possible fixture to follow and do this, but if the players didn't believe they were capable of a win at Upton Park before tonight...they will be now.:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Can we do this?
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2012, 11:02:59 pm by donnyroversfc »
We'll beat West Ham!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2012, 11:08:21 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=224859
We'll beat West Ham!!

I think you're right , we should have beaten them at the KM and we're alot stronger now. Lads will have to learn to keep the ball near the opponent's corner flag though. B)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2012, 11:17:51 pm by dknward2 »
A few weeks ago I would have said we haven't got a chance vs west ham but now after the last three games I think we can take something and maybe even upset the apple cart we have done it before

Come on you reds we can do this

Cue the great escape music

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #4 on March 07, 2012, 10:00:55 am by DRFC MYERS »
West ham will be a hard game but we could steal something.
One thing we need to think is will Bagayoko come back in for freddy?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2012, 10:03:56 am by Donnybax »
YES we can! 1-1 or a 1-2 win :clapping:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2012, 10:18:22 am by DonnyNoel »
Looking at the table, West Ham's home form is not as dominant as you'd expect for a top 2 team winning only a bit over half their home games. Our away record isn't good but last night should give us a real boost.

Bigger picture, I'm looking at the fixtures and thinking we might scrape up on 49. Millwall are in danger of pulling away so we really need a result against them.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2012, 10:44:02 am by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"DonnyNoel\" post=224946
Looking at the table, West Ham's home form is not as dominant as you'd expect for a top 2 team winning only a bit over half their home games. Our away record isn't good but last night should give us a real boost.

Bigger picture, I'm looking at the fixtures and thinking we might scrape up on 49. Millwall are in danger of pulling away so we really need a result against them.

Preferaly we need to be in a group of at least 6 relegation candidates. Millwall is a huge game and needs sorting in our favour whatever the result on Satdi..........Tuesday 20/3 and we need as many as possible there to cheer (do we do that these days?) the lads home.
Any points we gain now will put a lvel of pressure on those below and above us now . :rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012