Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:51:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers sign Omar Bogle  (Read 4891 times)

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
Rovers sign Omar Bogle
« on January 29, 2021, 11:02:26 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Signed 18 month deal.

Before 12 so can be involved tomorrow

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers sign Omar Bogle
« Reply #2 on January 29, 2021, 11:04:32 am by DearneValleyRover »
Welcome to the Rovers family Omar

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 29, 2021, 11:09:07 am by SydneyRover »
The last 18 months have been unbelievable really, go Rovers

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 29, 2021, 11:09:48 am by steve@dcfd »
Well done to all at the club who have brought in two good loan players and now two experienced permanent players it will not have been simple and no magic was involved but they appeared to achieve the objectives to add good players to a squad that was looking threadbare. We hopefully should have abetter looking bench tomorrow.

Welcome to the Rovers Omar

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 29, 2021, 11:10:34 am by DRNaith »
Scored 1 in 3 on loan at Portsmouth in 2019, so in the right setting could be very useful.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 29, 2021, 11:17:39 am by swain_drfc »
Really excited about this one. Charlton fans seem to think he is a donkey and can’t believe we have signed him. This will really show what a gem we have in DM when he improves the lads form and he helps fire us to the Championship  :thumbsup:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 29, 2021, 11:29:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Brilliant. I didn't see this coming. Even with the recent rumours, I didn't think he'd be someone that would be doable despite him being down the pecking order at Charlton after the arrival of Chucks Aneke.

We know he's got talent and could give us the extra dimension we've been missing for some time.

I'm not expecting him to be prolific but I'm hoping he'll work hard, like the rest of the players, keep centre halves occupied, open up space for others and keep our goals tally ticking over.

Just as important is providing DM with another option and should help us through to hopefully achieve what the manager, club and players deserve.

Absolutely thrilled with the business done this window even with losing Ben which was a high possibility anyway.

I like the way the club goes about its business and long may that continue. Time to stop all the sniping and speculation. Let the club get on with day to day business while we enjoy the fruits.

COYR.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 29, 2021, 11:32:22 am by Canadian Rover »
Good signing that and boosts squad numbers with quality for the run in. That's 2 big lads signed there...making us more dangerous at set pieces I hope.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 29, 2021, 11:35:11 am by turnbull for england »
Can't believe how well we have done,. I haven't bothered much with ifollow tbh tried it iand it wasn't the best experience and I quite like the BBC web / bt sport's approach to a Sat afternoon. I'm registering for tomorrow though as really feel I need to show some sort of appreciation for what the club's done

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 29, 2021, 11:40:55 am by Chris Black come back »
Ex West Brom youth.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 29, 2021, 11:43:10 am by graingrover »
We can now confront those ten demanding games coming up with even more confidence .Obviously Sims knows the style of play already and the two newcomers will get lot of game time opportunities with  a schedule two matches a week .

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 29, 2021, 11:43:25 am by EasyforDennis »
Great signing. Onwards and upwards.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 29, 2021, 11:46:29 am by sha66y »
Good signing that and boosts squad numbers with quality for the run in. That's 2 big lads signed there...making us more dangerous at set pieces I hope.

Nailed it....we are ineffective at set pieces and corners, now we might start to cause a bit of trouble .....

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 29, 2021, 11:49:35 am by Barmby Rover »
Just a rumour apparently.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 29, 2021, 11:53:30 am by Donnywolf »
Ex West Brom youth.

I forgive him that !

Mind Bogle-ing signing

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 29, 2021, 11:58:03 am by wing commander »
  Reading the Charlton forum he didn't have a great time there.. A lot of their fans said he tried hard but started to suffer a lot of abuse over social media that drained his confidence when things didn't go his way.

I hope we take note of that and show the guy some Rovers love because he is obviously short of a bit of confidence. He obviously has the talent and DM is the guy to get the best out of him. If he gets settled, starts enjoying his football again we could have a great signing here.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 29, 2021, 12:03:22 pm by RobTheRover »
Just a rumour apparently.

It was when you posted it. Now confirmed.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 29, 2021, 12:04:21 pm by turnbull for england »
Could be like when akinfenwa came, and just gave everyone a bit of a lift through the remaining games

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 29, 2021, 12:09:57 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
He must have something about him to have been signed by so many Championship clubs so in theory a it's a great signing for us.

While it's not worked out for him at those clubs we'd not be able to sign him if it had so i guess that's irrelevant!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 29, 2021, 12:14:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Could be like when akinfenwa came, and just gave everyone a bit of a lift through the remaining games

... and left a trail of devastation through opposition defences

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 29, 2021, 12:15:34 pm by RoversAlias »
Ex West Brom youth.

To be fair I doubt this one had much to do with it - it was over a decade ago, whilst Darren was still playing against Rovers for Derby and Barnsley!

A potentially good signing anyway, and tops off a really solid month of business. I doubt the board bashers will be out in force anytime soon after this week.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 29, 2021, 12:23:43 pm by rover-n-out »
Happy with this signing, a big strong lad who knows where the goal is, sounds like his confidence has been knocked at Charlton.
Our Messiah and his disciples will soon have us all chanting "Omar the Great" when they work their magic on him.
Welcome to the Nazareth of the North Omar. Enjoy your time with us.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 29, 2021, 12:27:20 pm by stuey »
Welcome to Doncaster Neymar Bogle

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 29, 2021, 12:30:13 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ex West Brom youth.

To be fair I doubt this one had much to do with it - it was over a decade ago, whilst Darren was still playing against Rovers for Derby and Barnsley!

A potentially good signing anyway, and tops off a really solid month of business. I doubt the board bashers will be out in force anytime soon after this week.

Depends on the result tomorrow!

If I'm a centre half being pulled from pillar to post the way we play, then on 70 mins we pull off Fej and you see Bogle coming on, then I think my first thought would be "Oh ffs!“

Even with Bostock and Bogle (sounds like a pair of TV cops!) I'm sure we won't change the way we play but enhance what we've already got. These lads will have to adapt and we'll give them time to do it.

I can imagine DM will be in his element next week getting full sessions of training in with his new toys.

However, there still has to be a focus and drive to achieve something and it doesn't matter whether a players made 600 appearances or 6, everyone is equal and just as important to the cause. Promotion won't be given to us, we have to go out there and earn it.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 29, 2021, 12:31:37 pm by Bessie Red »
Really excited about this one. Charlton fans seem to think he is a donkey and can’t believe we have signed him. This will really show what a gem we have in DM when he improves the lads form and he helps fire us to the Championship  :thumbsup:
If an outsider looked at the Charlton squad & compared it with ours they would probably expect Charlton to be above us. However if we were to win our 4 games in hand we would be 14 points clear of them. In my mind this shows that we have a far superior manager who squeezes every last bit of talent out of his players. Hopefully he will have Bogle firing again like he was at Grimbsby!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 12:34:56 pm by Bessie Red »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 29, 2021, 12:38:21 pm by the vicar »
He is not my type of player, but he is here and so we all need to get behind him hope he does well for us

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 29, 2021, 12:43:50 pm by Jonathan »
Seen the comments from Charlton fans but they’re not important. Chesterfield fans were laughing at us when we signed Tom Anderson and he’s been a superb acquisition.

Bogle has good pedigree and experience. He’s played at a higher level and brings a physical presence that we don’t have.

If DM can get him motivated and confident (and there’s nobody better placed then DM to do that) when we could have a really useful player on our hands here. I’m pleased.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 29, 2021, 12:57:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Sure a couple of lungfuls of that proper northern air will help him rediscover his Grimsby form, could be a shrewd signing this.

acacia94

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 29, 2021, 12:59:19 pm by acacia94 »
I got a string of hysterical imojis from a Charlton fan I know on our new signing.
I think you just have to think 'John Marquis'. He'd done nothing before he came to DRFC.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012