Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:51:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Dickov by an Oldham Athletic Fan  (Read 18405 times)

mjg

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Dickov by an Oldham Athletic Fan
« Reply #60 on April 27, 2014, 08:56:53 am by mjg »
OUR FITNESS WAS A PROBLEM YESTERDAY , READY LOOKED MILES FITTER AND FASTER THAN US

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 27, 2014, 08:59:17 am by Filo »
OUR FITNESS WAS A PROBLEM YESTERDAY , READY LOOKED MILES FITTER AND FASTER THAN US

Caps lock broken?

paulprendy

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on April 26, 2015, 02:38:51 pm by paulprendy »
So after two years and many dismissing my initial post as sour grapes, what's your verdicts on Dickov's two full seasons in charge?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 26, 2015, 02:54:03 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Brilliant manager.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on April 26, 2015, 03:00:08 pm by The Red Baron »
So after two years and many dismissing my initial post as sour grapes, what's your verdicts on Dickov's two full seasons in charge?

Your post was reproduced on here a few weeks ago. It reads like  "the shape of things to come." I noted the reference to poor home form and a tendency for his teams to collapse when in a promising position. Very similar to what has happened while he has been here.

Can we expect a bit of Cup glory next season but then for Dickov to depart as we hover over the relegation trapdoor?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on April 26, 2015, 03:18:15 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Furman 'A waste of wages this year'?
Have you actually been going Muah? Since he actually got a decent run in the side, he has been, for me, our most consistent, best player. So much so I doubt he will be here next season.
Everything else that was said has turned out to be 100% true

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on April 26, 2015, 06:43:34 pm by bpoolrover »
A lot of Oldham fans also said wellens was rubbish

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on April 26, 2015, 07:39:32 pm by dickos1 »
And that mvoto was class!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on April 26, 2015, 07:48:21 pm by IDM »

On the fence.

In the championship even Mourinho would have struggled to keep our club out of the relegation fight.

This season, too inconsistent.  PD has signed some very talented players, but the team performances have been below par too often.. If you consider some bad luck and late goals against, we are probably 7 or 8 points below where we deserve to be on performances, but you could make the same argument for each club.

PD has mixed his team around a lot, we haven't really had a good run apart maybe from early in 2015. 

We certainly have the players to achieve higher placings, but I worry about the confidence when things go wrong.  Confidence will make the players that bit more effective.  Has PD done enough to promote that?  I don't think so. 

I am not calling for the sack for PD, but wouldn't be surprised nor particularly disappointed if he left.  However our board is patient and has a long term perspective.

Not sure who we would have in place of PD though.  Some folks on here would say Krusty and Sideshow Bob will be better!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on April 26, 2015, 09:46:50 pm by bpoolrover »
While I don't think pd should be sacked I'm not sure we have the players to finish higher,wellens copps and Tyson will only get worse at a guess,butler and McCullough for me just don't work as not height or pace,Bennett and forrestor hit and miss,none of our players would get in any of the top few teams bar forrester on a good day

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 26, 2015, 11:00:02 pm by Draytonian III »
Why on earth are we bothered about what other clubs think about our manager or player's. I bet other clubs supporters come on to our forum and laugh their heads off at all this bickering, it's bloody pointless and pathetic

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on April 26, 2015, 11:03:46 pm by NickDRFC »
I never understand why people are bothered by what other club's fans looking on here might think. If I was a Barnsley fan looking on here all the time I'd be more embarrassed that I couldn't find anything better to do with my life than look at another club's forum.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on April 26, 2015, 11:37:49 pm by Lesonthewest »

Exactly, used correctly Wellens would walk into any other side in this league. Ask most of the supporters at Bramall Lane.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 27, 2015, 07:45:08 am by Al4475 »
And therein lies the problem, 'used correctly' I am very unsure pd knows how to use the players correctly!

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on April 27, 2015, 08:27:31 am by Orlandokarla »
SOD and DP were both great for us; I'd have told anyone at their respective new clubs how lucky they were.
It hasn't worked out well for either of them though, has it?

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 27, 2015, 08:40:25 am by Jenny »

Exactly, used correctly Wellens would walk into any other side in this league. Ask most of the supporters at Bramall Lane.

One swallow doesn't make a summer. For every stormer Wellens has had this season (i.e. Sheff United) he has had a stinker.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 27, 2015, 09:20:18 am by wing commander »
 I disagree with that Jenny...For every stormer Wellens as had this season he's had 3 stinkers for me....He's been very disappointing to the point I believe he's no longer the player he was...

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on April 27, 2015, 09:45:57 am by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Oldham fan in peace, hoping to bring some balanced and truthful assessment of Dickov's time at BP.

When Dickov first arrived at Boundary Park in June 2010, the club was at it's lowest ebb for quite some time. I know Penney was and still is a hero of many of you but the man was simply wrong for our club. His signings were poor and the football was the most insipid, dire and sterile shite I have ever had the misfortune to watch in my up until then, 24 seasons of following my home town team.

When Dickov was announced many of us saw it as a cheap appointment, the guy had no coaching credentials but had apparently blown the board away with his passion for the game. He quickly organised a fans' forum, said all the right things, consulted the fans and got us on board right away with his promise of good, committed attacking football.

2010/11
Pre-season saw the coffers boosted by the sale of promising young striker Tom Eaves to Bolton, allowing Dickov to bring in Richie Jones from Bradford, Warren Feeney and a couple of others. The main issue was that come the start of the season the squad still looked short in a few areas, players arrived on the eve of the first game and right up until the end of September.

His first 18 games were like a breath of fresh air, we only won 7 of those but only lost 3. Sadly we were knocked out of all three cup competitions before Bonfire Night, thus putting the club under much more financial pressure. Until the weather hit hard (we didn't play for 6 weeks in Dec-Jan 10/11) we had been playing a high tempo pressing game, normally with two midfielders offering insurance in the wide areas. Then in October he changed his philsophy and brought in Cedric Evina, Aidy White and Felipe Morais to play in the wide areas - much more attacking threat but left us open at the back. To begin with we got away with it, then Southampton arrived in early January and hit us hard, in fact they beat us 6-0 at Boundary Park. It was a real shock but 'just a blip' we thought, we recovered and didn't lose in the next 6, in fact on the first day of February after hammering Hartlepool we were still handily placed in the Play Off places…. Then the wheels came off in Spectacular style, we drew with Dagenham then proceeded to score only 2 goals in the next 10 games, Dickov began to struggle he didn't overly change his team around when in reality his young striker Tounkara was in his first season and running on empty, bereft of belief and confidence the team struggled badly. The obvious acton was for our player manager (as he was then) to get on his boots and help his young charges out, instead he stood arms folded on the touchline and hoped it would come good rather than effecting change.

The points in the bag were enough for a lower mid-table finish but only 2 wins in the last 19 games was a remarkable capitulation. His good relationship with the fans though had bought him time, financial problems hit hard early in the Spring with wages paid late and losing Dale Stephens to Southampton on loan, eventually the issues were resolved but it was clear all was not right when team mates Chris Taylor and Richie Jones were seen fighting at the final whistle of a 0-0 at MK Dons. 2 wins in the final 19 games a run that saw Latics score only 9 goals, and in addition to the 6-0 defeat at home to Southampton the fans also had to endure a 5-0 defeat at home to Peterborough.

For me, a good start the following season was impertaive. The previous year he had given one or two of the younger lads a go, Carl winchester and James Tarkowski made their debuts that year, although our rookie manager was already showing in my and others opinions an over-reliance on loanees instead of working with what he already had at the club. His over-use of Tounkakra was worrying as the lad needed a break and for me it's taken the lad a couple of years to get back into the swing of things, although he knuckled down back in France, did ok in a short spell at Bristol Rovers and today signed for Stevenage.

So 2011/12
Again a few signings here and there but again we had lost one of our better players in Dale Stephens, a fir few were released but we again went into the season looking ill-equipped to make waves in League One. In the ned it was a steady start, reinforcements finally arrived with something of a coup being pulled off with the arrival of Shefki Kuqi. Nathan Clarke, Tom Adeyemi, James Wesolowski, Robbie Simpson arrived after the start of the season. The pattern continued from the Spring, we created few chances - although we were scoring goals freely in the autumn, our home form was still pretty average with too many games where we lacked a threat and failed to score at all. Although we were knocked out of the League Cup we did embark on a decent JPT run (losing in the Northern Final) and reaching the FA Cup 3rd round before bowing out to a decent pay day at Anfield, the league form saw us lower mid-table.

Initially our young prospect David Mellor had been given an extended run, albeit at left-back (the lad's a big strong left-footed box to box midfielder) where he had been hung out to dry a bit - Dickov again brought in loanees that in reality often were no better than what we had, this was becoming a source of frustration for the faithful. After somehow losing to doomed Chesterfield in the JPT Northern Final, the wheels again came off in February, long runs without wins or goals followed, there was the odd highlight such as coming from 2 down to win at Sheffield United but the home form was simply crap, Shefki Kuqi was out of form, he was knackered and suffering from a team that refused to alter its policy of two rigid banks of four with two holding midfielders, the wingers produced very little and often Kuqi was so deep he might as well be playing sweeper! Despite a bit of worry in April the team avoided relegation comfortably although there was another poor run of only 1 win in the last 9 games, where goals were at a premium again and the home form was particularly poor. A minority by now were beginning to question Dickov's abilities and his coach of Gerry Taggart and Fitness Guru Paul Butler who was seemingly taking much more of a hands on role on the touchline.

2012/13

Dickov again lost two of his better players in Kieran Lee and Chris Taylor but for me given his trumpeted contacts, this should not have been the issue it was. In fact we played some great high tempo stuff throughout pre-season, his 6 month loan deal for Jordan Slew was baffling as we again went into a season short of a squad - lo and behold yet again after the season had started Reece Wabara, Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire arrived. Despite that it was a poor start to the season, the penny dropped for me in our very first game - we were 2-0 up against Sheffield wednesday and all over them then after 30 minutes Dave Jones brought an extra-midfielder on and a target man in O'Grady on, we couldn't handle their 451 pressing formation and fell apart to lose 4-2. Tie and again our young team looked to the bench for direction, there was no reaction and although we were 2-0 up at HT we lost 4-2. Dickov had simply failed to react to his opposite numbers tactical awareness.

Shortly after we were 1-0 up at Chesterfield in the JPT, he decided to shut up shop - the midfield followed its all too familiar pattern of not crossing the halfway line - we lost 2-1. From that moment I knew he was tactically poor. He knew he was under pressure and stated 'Judge me after 10 games, I'll get it right', well we won 1 of those first ten games including another abject 1-0 home defeat (he loves his 1-0 defeats does PD) 10 man Coventry. Dickov was a man truly on the edge, we went to Crewe more in hope than expectation, suddenly the free-flowing pressing football was back for the first time in months - we won 2-0 at Crewe, it could have been 7 or 8. The following Saturday we demolished Preston and went on a decent run throughout October. The wheels came off again in October and the shut up shop mentality was back in two awful defeats at home to Bury and Tranmere. Three scrappy wins at home to Shrewsbury and away at Hartlepool and Colchester followed (Dickov's last league win) the cup form was very good, an unexpected win at home to yourselves, the great win at Forest and the fantastic day at home to Liverpool followed, but in amongst that was a run of 9 games without a win was again abject the excuses were the same throughout his three years and had worn very thin. He should have gone for me after the home defeat to Coventry in September 2012, unbelievably he clung to his job for another 4 months….

You can't fault Dickov's passion, it's infectious but is set in his ways. He is tactically naive and very stubborn. His Plan A in times of trouble is to bring a loanee in. He is far too loyal to under-performing strikers. He has openly told young players they are not in his plans, what have the fringe players got to aspire to if he is not willing to give them a go over kids from a Premier League club? Yes, some are very good but there's a time and a place for blooding your own - they are the lifeblood of smaller clubs like ourselves.

I'm in no doubt initially PD will be a breath of fresh air at your club, you play at a good tempo and have a go. The test will come should you lose a couple or perhaps suffer a hammering then I am sure Dickov will close ranks and return to his 'damage limitation' routine.

A final note on Dean Furman, when he presses high up the field he is a real asset and can cause real damage. The Dean Furman I saw playing for you on Sky a few weeks back was like the Dean Furman Dickov's first 18 games, yet somehow he became a crab like player that would only pass sideways and forever pass back to his goalkeeper. Dickov's policy of two holding midfielders ruined him. Beware if Dickov does indeed sign him.

The fact you have BF controlling Player Recruitment I believe, is no bad thing with Dickov around, he'll bring in some tremendous players but within weeks they'll wither away into his sterile system if you're struggling. It's important he brings in an experienced head as his assistant as he was too arrogant to do that at BP, his coaching staff were failing and therefore paid the price he could have replaced them with anyone of his choosing but decided not too and it cost him his job too in the end.

Paul Dickov i'm sure will give his all for you, he's tenacious he'll argue with officials, he'll get you onside quickly and you'll believe the hype. I hope the faith John Ryan has shown in him is not a case of misguided loyalty to a friend and neighbour.

Good Luck in the Championship, I'll be keeping out more than an interest in your fortunes…..

One more thing, our fitness was the worst I have seen in years under Dickov…

However, he may well have learnt from his mistakes at Oldham, but I doubt it the lad has a big ego and believes in his own abilities to the point of arrogance.

The first bit I have highlighted in bold is my main concern, I listened too his first interview on BBC Radio Sheffield and though it sounded very promising, but, the more I thought/think about it, I think anyone can give a decent talk, and I just hope John Ryan hasn't fallen for it, like you said, "as a friend and neighbour"

If there's one thing I hate not only about football managers/players, but people in general, it is a big ego! I see Dickov in exactly the same way that I saw Dean Saunders, a very good player, but, I just don't believe he has the managerial attributes to succeed at DRFC I'm afraid, but what does that matter? We don't sack manager's do we!?

Anyway, only time will tell, we'll either be a Championship > League 1 > Championship > League 1 yo-yo club, or, Dickov will be decent and we'll finish 20th or above every season in the Championship and have a few cup runs.

Cheers for giving us your honest, in-depth opinion and good luck for next season, your new manager should have inherited some very good managerial attributes from Gary down at Yeovil.

I said this two years ago and I believe I was right.............

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on April 27, 2015, 03:42:23 pm by Move DRFC »
Oldham fan in peace, hoping to bring some balanced and truthful assessment of Dickov's time at BP.

When Dickov first arrived at Boundary Park in June 2010, the club was at it's lowest ebb for quite some time. I know Penney was and still is a hero of many of you but the man was simply wrong for our club. His signings were poor and the football was the most insipid, dire and sterile shite I have ever had the misfortune to watch in my up until then, 24 seasons of following my home town team.

When Dickov was announced many of us saw it as a cheap appointment, the guy had no coaching credentials but had apparently blown the board away with his passion for the game. He quickly organised a fans' forum, said all the right things, consulted the fans and got us on board right away with his promise of good, committed attacking football.

2010/11
Pre-season saw the coffers boosted by the sale of promising young striker Tom Eaves to Bolton, allowing Dickov to bring in Richie Jones from Bradford, Warren Feeney and a couple of others. The main issue was that come the start of the season the squad still looked short in a few areas, players arrived on the eve of the first game and right up until the end of September.

His first 18 games were like a breath of fresh air, we only won 7 of those but only lost 3. Sadly we were knocked out of all three cup competitions before Bonfire Night, thus putting the club under much more financial pressure. Until the weather hit hard (we didn't play for 6 weeks in Dec-Jan 10/11) we had been playing a high tempo pressing game, normally with two midfielders offering insurance in the wide areas. Then in October he changed his philsophy and brought in Cedric Evina, Aidy White and Felipe Morais to play in the wide areas - much more attacking threat but left us open at the back. To begin with we got away with it, then Southampton arrived in early January and hit us hard, in fact they beat us 6-0 at Boundary Park. It was a real shock but 'just a blip' we thought, we recovered and didn't lose in the next 6, in fact on the first day of February after hammering Hartlepool we were still handily placed in the Play Off places…. Then the wheels came off in Spectacular style, we drew with Dagenham then proceeded to score only 2 goals in the next 10 games, Dickov began to struggle he didn't overly change his team around when in reality his young striker Tounkara was in his first season and running on empty, bereft of belief and confidence the team struggled badly. The obvious acton was for our player manager (as he was then) to get on his boots and help his young charges out, instead he stood arms folded on the touchline and hoped it would come good rather than effecting change.

The points in the bag were enough for a lower mid-table finish but only 2 wins in the last 19 games was a remarkable capitulation. His good relationship with the fans though had bought him time, financial problems hit hard early in the Spring with wages paid late and losing Dale Stephens to Southampton on loan, eventually the issues were resolved but it was clear all was not right when team mates Chris Taylor and Richie Jones were seen fighting at the final whistle of a 0-0 at MK Dons. 2 wins in the final 19 games a run that saw Latics score only 9 goals, and in addition to the 6-0 defeat at home to Southampton the fans also had to endure a 5-0 defeat at home to Peterborough.

For me, a good start the following season was impertaive. The previous year he had given one or two of the younger lads a go, Carl winchester and James Tarkowski made their debuts that year, although our rookie manager was already showing in my and others opinions an over-reliance on loanees instead of working with what he already had at the club. His over-use of Tounkakra was worrying as the lad needed a break and for me it's taken the lad a couple of years to get back into the swing of things, although he knuckled down back in France, did ok in a short spell at Bristol Rovers and today signed for Stevenage.

So 2011/12
Again a few signings here and there but again we had lost one of our better players in Dale Stephens, a fir few were released but we again went into the season looking ill-equipped to make waves in League One. In the ned it was a steady start, reinforcements finally arrived with something of a coup being pulled off with the arrival of Shefki Kuqi. Nathan Clarke, Tom Adeyemi, James Wesolowski, Robbie Simpson arrived after the start of the season. The pattern continued from the Spring, we created few chances - although we were scoring goals freely in the autumn, our home form was still pretty average with too many games where we lacked a threat and failed to score at all. Although we were knocked out of the League Cup we did embark on a decent JPT run (losing in the Northern Final) and reaching the FA Cup 3rd round before bowing out to a decent pay day at Anfield, the league form saw us lower mid-table.

Initially our young prospect David Mellor had been given an extended run, albeit at left-back (the lad's a big strong left-footed box to box midfielder) where he had been hung out to dry a bit - Dickov again brought in loanees that in reality often were no better than what we had, this was becoming a source of frustration for the faithful. After somehow losing to doomed Chesterfield in the JPT Northern Final, the wheels again came off in February, long runs without wins or goals followed, there was the odd highlight such as coming from 2 down to win at Sheffield United but the home form was simply crap, Shefki Kuqi was out of form, he was knackered and suffering from a team that refused to alter its policy of two rigid banks of four with two holding midfielders, the wingers produced very little and often Kuqi was so deep he might as well be playing sweeper! Despite a bit of worry in April the team avoided relegation comfortably although there was another poor run of only 1 win in the last 9 games, where goals were at a premium again and the home form was particularly poor. A minority by now were beginning to question Dickov's abilities and his coach of Gerry Taggart and Fitness Guru Paul Butler who was seemingly taking much more of a hands on role on the touchline.

2012/13

Dickov again lost two of his better players in Kieran Lee and Chris Taylor but for me given his trumpeted contacts, this should not have been the issue it was. In fact we played some great high tempo stuff throughout pre-season, his 6 month loan deal for Jordan Slew was baffling as we again went into a season short of a squad - lo and behold yet again after the season had started Reece Wabara, Jose Baxter and Matt Derbyshire arrived. Despite that it was a poor start to the season, the penny dropped for me in our very first game - we were 2-0 up against Sheffield wednesday and all over them then after 30 minutes Dave Jones brought an extra-midfielder on and a target man in O'Grady on, we couldn't handle their 451 pressing formation and fell apart to lose 4-2. Tie and again our young team looked to the bench for direction, there was no reaction and although we were 2-0 up at HT we lost 4-2. Dickov had simply failed to react to his opposite numbers tactical awareness.

Shortly after we were 1-0 up at Chesterfield in the JPT, he decided to shut up shop - the midfield followed its all too familiar pattern of not crossing the halfway line - we lost 2-1. From that moment I knew he was tactically poor. He knew he was under pressure and stated 'Judge me after 10 games, I'll get it right', well we won 1 of those first ten games including another abject 1-0 home defeat (he loves his 1-0 defeats does PD) 10 man Coventry. Dickov was a man truly on the edge, we went to Crewe more in hope than expectation, suddenly the free-flowing pressing football was back for the first time in months - we won 2-0 at Crewe, it could have been 7 or 8. The following Saturday we demolished Preston and went on a decent run throughout October. The wheels came off again in October and the shut up shop mentality was back in two awful defeats at home to Bury and Tranmere. Three scrappy wins at home to Shrewsbury and away at Hartlepool and Colchester followed (Dickov's last league win) the cup form was very good, an unexpected win at home to yourselves, the great win at Forest and the fantastic day at home to Liverpool followed, but in amongst that was a run of 9 games without a win was again abject the excuses were the same throughout his three years and had worn very thin. He should have gone for me after the home defeat to Coventry in September 2012, unbelievably he clung to his job for another 4 months….

You can't fault Dickov's passion, it's infectious but is set in his ways. He is tactically naive and very stubborn. His Plan A in times of trouble is to bring a loanee in. He is far too loyal to under-performing strikers. He has openly told young players they are not in his plans, what have the fringe players got to aspire to if he is not willing to give them a go over kids from a Premier League club? Yes, some are very good but there's a time and a place for blooding your own - they are the lifeblood of smaller clubs like ourselves.

I'm in no doubt initially PD will be a breath of fresh air at your club, you play at a good tempo and have a go. The test will come should you lose a couple or perhaps suffer a hammering then I am sure Dickov will close ranks and return to his 'damage limitation' routine.

A final note on Dean Furman, when he presses high up the field he is a real asset and can cause real damage. The Dean Furman I saw playing for you on Sky a few weeks back was like the Dean Furman Dickov's first 18 games, yet somehow he became a crab like player that would only pass sideways and forever pass back to his goalkeeper. Dickov's policy of two holding midfielders ruined him. Beware if Dickov does indeed sign him.

The fact you have BF controlling Player Recruitment I believe, is no bad thing with Dickov around, he'll bring in some tremendous players but within weeks they'll wither away into his sterile system if you're struggling. It's important he brings in an experienced head as his assistant as he was too arrogant to do that at BP, his coaching staff were failing and therefore paid the price he could have replaced them with anyone of his choosing but decided not too and it cost him his job too in the end.

Paul Dickov i'm sure will give his all for you, he's tenacious he'll argue with officials, he'll get you onside quickly and you'll believe the hype. I hope the faith John Ryan has shown in him is not a case of misguided loyalty to a friend and neighbour.

Good Luck in the Championship, I'll be keeping out more than an interest in your fortunes…..

One more thing, our fitness was the worst I have seen in years under Dickov…

However, he may well have learnt from his mistakes at Oldham, but I doubt it the lad has a big ego and believes in his own abilities to the point of arrogance.

The first bit I have highlighted in bold is my main concern, I listened too his first interview on BBC Radio Sheffield and though it sounded very promising, but, the more I thought/think about it, I think anyone can give a decent talk, and I just hope John Ryan hasn't fallen for it, like you said, "as a friend and neighbour"

If there's one thing I hate not only about football managers/players, but people in general, it is a big ego! I see Dickov in exactly the same way that I saw Dean Saunders, a very good player, but, I just don't believe he has the managerial attributes to succeed at DRFC I'm afraid, but what does that matter? We don't sack manager's do we!?

Anyway, only time will tell, we'll either be a Championship > League 1 > Championship > League 1 yo-yo club, or, Dickov will be decent and we'll finish 20th or above every season in the Championship and have a few cup runs.

Cheers for giving us your honest, in-depth opinion and good luck for next season, your new manager should have inherited some very good managerial attributes from Gary down at Yeovil.

I said this two years ago and I believe I was right.............

Problem is we're not even looking like being a Championship > League One yoyo club. Dickov's taken us even lower.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 27, 2015, 08:21:06 pm by dickos1 »
How has he taken us lower? We got relegated from the championship in the 6th min of injury time and were finishing in league 1 midtable .

Underwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on April 27, 2015, 09:03:32 pm by Underwood »
How has he taken us lower? We got relegated from the championship in the 6th min of injury time and were finishing in league 1 midtable .

He's taken us to our lowest league position in 11 years and has the lowest win rate of any manager since we went down to the Conference.

Dickos, you seem to either like Dickov or just want to argue for the sake of it. What qualities do you see in Dickov as a manager? Would you be happy with a similar season next term?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on April 27, 2015, 11:07:01 pm by dickos1 »
As we've established win rates mean jack shite, 
I said how has he taken us lower than a yo yo club between the championship and league 1? There's no evidence of that yet .
I don't like or dislike him I think he's done a decent job under difficult circumstances but I wouldn't be upset if he left, some peoples expectations are wrong though, nobody in their right mind thought in July that we would reach the playoffs, so why are people upset now we haven't

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on April 27, 2015, 11:13:18 pm by pib »
Paul Dickov's footballing yawnfest.

:suicide:

The thought of another season with him in charge makes me do a little sick in my mouth.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012