Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 06:46:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket Sales For Satdi  (Read 7050 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Ticket Sales For Satdi
« Reply #30 on July 30, 2013, 06:56:13 pm by MrFrost »
8-9k is still poor.

Cant see what you winging about how many years have you followed rovers and seen them have an attendance of over 10k? even at wemberly and cardiff they couldnt sell out! Rovers won't be attracting of 10k until they've had a year or two in the prem, within an hours drive from donny there are teams who have won the old first division, the premiership, the champions league, fa cup! Historically over the past few generations the people of Doncaster have gone to watch these team taking their sons and grandsons with them! It's why round Gloucestershire loads support villa, reading, wolves driving past gloucester city, Cheltenham town, Swindon and Bristol! Many say on here it's not about been a successful team but it makes a massive difference and those teams with a history of achievement have the most supporters! Like when people say moneys not everything until they can't pay the bills it may not be everything but its important!

We have had over 10k countless times over the last 10 years.
My point being 8k would be below the average we had of our last season at this level - which in my opinion would be poor.
Of course winning games will be the main factor - but I still feel Rovers are missing a trick when it comes to getting people through the gates.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 30, 2013, 07:00:13 pm by StocktonRover »
8-9k is still poor.

Cant see what you winging about how many years have you followed rovers and seen them have an attendance of over 10k? even at wemberly and cardiff they couldnt sell out! Rovers won't be attracting of 10k until they've had a year or two in the prem, within an hours drive from donny there are teams who have won the old first division, the premiership, the champions league, fa cup! Historically over the past few generations the people of Doncaster have gone to watch these team taking their sons and grandsons with them! It's why round Gloucestershire loads support villa, reading, wolves driving past gloucester city, Cheltenham town, Swindon and Bristol! Many say on here it's not about been a successful team but it makes a massive difference and those teams with a history of achievement have the most supporters! Like when people say moneys not everything until they can't pay the bills it may not be everything but its important!

My point being 8k would be below the average we had of our last season at this level - which in my opinion would be poor.
Of course winning games will be the main factor - but I still feel Rovers are missing a trick when it comes to getting people through the gates.

You say it yourself - below the average.
I wouldn't expect the opening game when many are still on holiday against a relatively unattractive and mediocre supported team to be attended by an above average crowd.

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 30, 2013, 07:00:20 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
8-9k is still poor.

Well from the games I've attended over the past few seasons 8-9k is a good average crowd I must admit I've not been to many local derbies either

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 30, 2013, 07:01:49 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
The other thing is was that over 10k against Yeovil, Carlisle or more likely against Leeds or Newcastle the away fan factor

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 30, 2013, 07:28:56 pm by IDM »

And what trick is that?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 30, 2013, 07:30:25 pm by MrFrost »

And what trick is that?

Marketing for a start. The flyers that were done a few seasons ago were very effective. And it doesn't cost the earth.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 30, 2013, 07:37:42 pm by IDM »
I don't think that is so important - yes we should market special offers etc, but not the games in general.

Folks who are interested in football with a passing interest in DRFC, or fans who can't afford to go regularly, can easily find out when the fixtures are and how to get tickets.  In my jobs I've moved around the country, and when I've wanted to see a football match I've picked up a newspaper or looked online etc.

We had a debate on here just before the last Notts Co game where some were criticising the lack of marketing for that vital fixture, and I made the same point as here.  Remind me what the home attendance was for that game regardless of the perceived lack of marketing from the club?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on July 30, 2013, 07:38:44 pm by mushRTID »
Any chance of renaming this thread "Ticket sales thread" and letting Mr Frost moan about it all season in one place so its easier to avoid?

I actually agree with you on quite a few of your concerns generally Mr Frost but your ticket sales obsession is boring.

uptonson

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 30, 2013, 08:15:24 pm by uptonson »
Any chance of renaming this thread "Ticket sales thread" and letting Mr Frost moan about it all season in one place so its easier to avoid?

I actually agree with you on quite a few of your concerns generally Mr Frost but your ticket sales obsession is boring.

Why all this about how many are going to be there or not.  If you are going and you have a seat, whats the problem.  Moan as much as you like we get what we get and that's it.

ShaunLockwood

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on July 30, 2013, 09:17:24 pm by ShaunLockwood »
Hi all

I'm aware ticket sales and marketing regularly comes up as an topic of discussion on the forum. 

In a similar manner to Andy Thompson who invited people behind the scenes to look at and discuss the pitch renovations, I'd be more than happy to arrange a meeting with those interested in marketing and ticket sales.

If anyone is interested PM me and I'll set something up.

Thanks

Shaun

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 30, 2013, 09:24:26 pm by coventryrover »
Hi all

I'm aware ticket sales and marketing regularly comes up as an topic of discussion on the forum. 

In a similar manner to Andy Thompson who invited people behind the scenes to look at and discuss the pitch renovations, I'd be more than happy to arrange a meeting with those interested in marketing and ticket sales.

Thanks

Shaun

Great offer Shaun!!!  Go ahead Frosty, now's the time to have some constructive input rather than moaning!!

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 30, 2013, 09:27:07 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Hi all

Thanks

Shaun

Because of the distance I normally can't make meetings but here's one idea.

I'm a member at Cheltenham racecourse and every year the racecourse and gloucester rugby club do a sports special ticket for the smaller meetings which at Cheltenham is the first meeting of the year in October and the December meeting. The sports special ticket gives you entry to the racecourse on one of the listed meeting and a ticket to a gloucester home game, the ticket is £19 and is designed to get people through the gates on the quiter meetings/matches creating extra revenue and also gives people an affordable change to give something new a try, I hated rugby until for the £19 you get a day at the races and a trip to the rugby I now go to the rugby occasionally with friends as it was a good atmosphere! Maybe rovers and the racecourse could do the same if they don't already? Also cheltenham town try to make there games on a Friday night when the race meetings are on a Friday Saturday meening people visiting town for the races can go to the game while there in town which adds a surprising amount to the gate receipts on these games! It helps the club racecourse and local economy on a small scale!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 30, 2013, 10:33:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
The ticket sales will not be good.
1. It's school holidays so people away.
2. The racing is on at the same time and have scouting for girls performing with an estimate 20,000 people going.
3. It will not help with how the transfer and players have been dealt with this summer. The investment is required to bring the big named players in.

The club can do more in publicising the game but I do not think we could attract more people. May be all the posters on this board, taking the exiles out are not going on Saturday.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 30, 2013, 10:57:42 pm by dickos1 »
We certainly haven't had countless attendances over 10k in the last ten years.
Hardly any that weren't against local sides.

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2013, 11:54:26 am by GloucesterRover31 »
8-9k is still poor.

Frost after hearing spurrs possibly gone dont worry about how many fans have bought tickets fetch your boots and shin pads and we may get a game! Someone desperately needs to rmember to bring some goalkeeping gloves as well

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2013, 12:00:23 pm by MrFrost »
We certainly haven't had countless attendances over 10k in the last ten years.
Hardly any that weren't against local sides.

We had two seasons where we averaged more than 10k.

Maybe you could count the ones we have had.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 01, 2013, 12:34:22 pm by ravenrover »
Hi all

Thanks

Shaun

Great offer Shaun!!!  Go ahead Frosty, now's the time to have some constructive input rather than moaning!!
Just a bump on this one. Have you taken up the offer Mr Frost?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on August 01, 2013, 12:44:18 pm by RobTheRover »
The club can do more in publicising the game but I do not think we could attract more people. May be all the posters on this board, taking the exiles out are not going on Saturday.

Seems a bit extreme, Steve.  I know some lads in Rosso who would just rough them up a bit for £50.

;)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 01, 2013, 12:48:02 pm by godlike1 »
I think it's a fantastic offer and although I am by no means an expert on marketing or sales I do have some good ideas and would like to think I can at least offer some help or new ideas if feasible

I'd happily make enquiry's free of charge

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 01, 2013, 12:51:42 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Blackpool bringing 600 is awful! First away game of the new season! I mean, didn't we take 800-1000 to Walsall? I expect 8000-8500 on Saturday which isn't too bad tbh.

:scarf:

donnyguy61

« Reply #50 on August 01, 2013, 01:11:32 pm by donnyguy61 »
Blackpool now sold 900 been sent 200 more and also now pay on the day

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 01, 2013, 01:16:58 pm by graingrover »
MR FROST ... the Marketing Manager has invited you .. have you seen that or is it too positive a message for you to read .? 

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 01, 2013, 01:30:57 pm by RTID75 »
Mr Frost lives, and loves, to moan. Can't see him accepting any invitation now he's been called out. Prove us wrong Mr Frost.

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 01, 2013, 01:33:40 pm by Jim Dobbin »
Blackpool always travel well so l'd expect a few pay on the day.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012