Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 07:47:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Spurr off to Blackburn  (Read 12385 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Spurr off to Blackburn
« Reply #90 on July 31, 2013, 10:05:47 pm by mushRTID »
If there's one positive out of this then no more Spurr long throw!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversron

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on July 31, 2013, 10:07:29 pm by roversron »
Thanks Tommy my fave last season but to be fair he could have left 12 months ago but he stayed and was a major link in the cause. I will only ever have the upmost respect for him. Have a good career Tommy see you soon.

roversron

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 31, 2013, 10:13:32 pm by roversron »
Having said the above.....Im 42 even if Blackburn came in for me at silly wages I would have turned em down, no matter how much chicken as a win bonus!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on July 31, 2013, 10:49:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Spurr has been a good servant to the club and a very decent bloke at that.

I still think he at times was a liability at full back due to his lack of pace, which is more emphasised when playing at a higher level. Having aid that, for anyone who went to the Bradford game will know how many times he was taken out of the game by Nahki Wells, leaving Jones to come across and cover. 

I still think Spurr would be better at centre half. He generally does the basics quite well, heads, blocks and tackles etc, but I see more potential in Husband being able to cope with pacey wide men (although he needs to continue to develop his positioning) and, add value going forward.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on August 01, 2013, 08:04:32 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think it's simple, he was offered a few deals, looked at them, but got a great offer elsewhere, nothing the club could have done would prevent that at the end of the day.  We move on, hopefully get someone better in that position and he does ok except against us.  It's just how football is, win some and lose some.

Positive, no more long throws that don't go anywhere, one thing I grumbled at his throw was alright but god we never did a
thing from it.

On another note, we benefitted from the frees on a number of our players whose clubs wanted to keep them (Furman, Forrester, Syers etc, swings and roundabouts really).

donnyguy61

« Reply #95 on August 01, 2013, 04:40:28 pm by donnyguy61 »
Signed 2 year deal

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on August 01, 2013, 08:11:17 pm by nortikorner »
Last week at the open evening I asked Tommy when he would be signing a new contract. His reply was that he had verbally agreed a deal with the club and that he was waiting for the paperwork to be drawn up and hoped rovers would "pull their finger out" and get it sorted. Not sure he was overly desperate to leave!
What a Man agreed a contract, awaiting paper work then he  joins another club some Gentleman

TinyPortal © 2005-2012