Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:15:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget just about spent up  (Read 9867 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Budget just about spent up
« Reply #30 on July 31, 2013, 07:54:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
Been at the meeting it is not bluff we have got the players we have got apart from a left back with some experience from the premiership before Saturday. We do have some money put to one side for loans in case of injury.

Contracted players
Turn bull
Maxted

Quinn
McCombe(injured)
Jones
Kuloma
LoanLB
Husband
McCoullagh
Wakefield
Finnegan
Binns

De Val Fernandez(injured)
Furman
Harper

Coppinger
Cotterill
Duffy
Forrester(injured)
Bennett
Syers
Meade
Middleton

Brown
Paynter
Wincop
Peterson

27 players

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on July 31, 2013, 07:57:16 pm by Dare to dream! »
Been at the meeting it is not bluff we have got the players we have got apart from a left back with some experience from the premiership before Saturday. We do have some money put to one side for loans in case of injury.

Contracted players
Turn bull
Maxted

Quinn
McCombe(injured)
Jones
Kuloma
LoanLB
Husband
McCoullagh
Wakefield
Finnegan
Binns

De Val Fernandez(injured)
Furman
Harper

Coppinger
Cotterill
Duffy
Forrester
Bennett
Syers
Meade
Middleton

Brown
Paynter
Wincop
Peterson

27 players

I don't think you should include the youngsters they are no where near championship standard we should have 2 good quality players for each position and we don't have that at the moment.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 31, 2013, 08:00:40 pm by drfcsteve »
Midfield looks worrying.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on July 31, 2013, 08:03:32 pm by Dare to dream! »
Midfield looks worrying.

Central midfield does, plenty of option for the wingers and CAM

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on July 31, 2013, 08:03:39 pm by besty »
Midfield looks worrying.

Really??

Think defence and attack are more of a worry I actually think midfield looks ok?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 31, 2013, 08:04:18 pm by RedArmy »
The attack is the worst, brown or paynter will not threaten in this league and that has been proven!!!

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 31, 2013, 08:07:44 pm by MiKA »
I've been to the meeting today.
Lets face it, we are not a big enough team (financially at least) to compete in what is now a Premier League 2, so just enjoy this season and next we'll be back in Division 1 where we belong.

If the club really did have the ambition to compete at this level and push for promotion we needed to invest at least 12 million to even stand a chance, that's not happens so it's shown where we're at.

............... on a positive note though, when we do do go down we won't be in massive debt so just strap yourselves in for the ride of your lives and next season we'll be back to winning on a regular basis     ;)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 31, 2013, 08:07:49 pm by jonnydog »
The attack is the worst, brown or paynter will not threaten in this league and that has been proven!!!

My thoughts exactly.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on July 31, 2013, 08:08:31 pm by drfcsteve »
Midfield looks worrying.

Really??

Think defence and attack are more of a worry I actually think midfield looks ok?

No areas look strong, at the minute though Furman is our only midfielder, all the others are wingers they can't play in the middle, and the less said about Harper the better.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 31, 2013, 08:08:56 pm by Filo »
Why were there no doom mongers at the meeting to ask these questions you want answering, why are you all ranting from behind the keyboard, you had the chance tonight to vent your spleen, but chose to stay at home and continue your negativity!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 31, 2013, 08:10:07 pm by wilts rover »
Keegan?

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 31, 2013, 08:10:43 pm by RedArmy »
Why were there no doom mongers at the meeting to ask these questions you want answering, why are you all ranting from behind the keyboard, you had the chance tonight to vent your spleen, but chose to stay at home and continue your negativity!

i was travelling back from work.. is that really from behind a keyboard or doing what i have to do to fetch money in you idiot.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 31, 2013, 08:11:38 pm by Dare to dream! »

Im not so sure. Towards the end of the season we got relegated i Browny returned from injury and started scoring Palace away Burnley at home. I think he will be underestimated.

As for Paynter I think he is far better than Brown at finishing and playing as a target man but i doubt he will get games because he doesn't work as hard.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on July 31, 2013, 08:12:14 pm by besty »

Totally agree I live 100 miles away and even if I didnt I can say what I want.
Im actually not negative just worried,whats the difference??

i was travelling back from work.. is that really from behind a keyboard or doing what i have to do to fetch money in you idiot.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 31, 2013, 08:13:02 pm by boro_rover »
What an abysmal looking squad. It really doesn't bode well, when you have to include a bunch of kids who have never played a professional game in their lives. That accounts for eight of them. So down to 19. 2 with long term injuries, forrester injured as well. 16 left. Harper who has basically won a new contract due to the club slipping up and a largely unproven mcCoullagh. So that's 14 available "proven" players.
I know their is potential for this investment. But I still cant help but feel totally let down by the board claiming there is nothing in the pot, and that's your lot. I think alot of us where pinning our hopes on some really good news tonight. I understand that we intended on remaining a self sufficient club and that the new football league regulations for remaining sustainable are in place in the championship now. But looking at the high earners we have got off the wage bill this year, how can there be nothing left?

Steve DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on July 31, 2013, 08:14:03 pm by Steve DRFC »

Has it been proven with the likes of Duffy, Cotterill, Coppinger, Forrester, Furman supporting them though      ;)

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on July 31, 2013, 08:15:24 pm by Danmckay456 »
Is kello coming back and I presume the loan players brought in already are part of the £200,000 budget ?? 1 striker now and 1 more defender would surely be better utilised from the start rather than being up against it later on in the season ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on July 31, 2013, 08:15:42 pm by Filo »

Can I just remind you that abuse of moderators is not tolerated, did I call you an idiot?

It was a general comment aimed at more than just you, it`s you who chose to take it personally, I hope you were n`t typing whilst driving!

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 31, 2013, 08:17:08 pm by redbrez »
I am always positive , but a side of wingers and one central midfielder, and two strikers ?
Doesn't look good

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on July 31, 2013, 08:17:57 pm by ScillyRover »
As much as I thought Brown & Paynter did ok in Lg 1, the Championship is a totally different level. Without a decent 15 goal a season striker on the books we will struggle big time. I had hoped we had learned that last time around. Until Billy joined you couldn't see where the next goal was coming from.

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 31, 2013, 08:18:17 pm by RedArmy »

Can I just remind you that abuse of moderators is not tolerated, did I call you an idiot?

It was a general comment aimed at more than just you, it`s you who chose to take it personally, I hope you were n`t typing whilst driving!

Called me and others doom mongers which could also be taken in an abusive way.
Seen as though i commute by train i'd find that hard to do so. Forever see you making pettty arguments,  grow up

mjg

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 31, 2013, 08:22:30 pm by mjg »
MY ONE AND ONLY COMMENT ON HERE THIS SEASON.I TOLD YOU LAST SEASON THAT I DONT WANT TO GET PROMOTION BECAUSE WE CAN NOT COMPETE AT CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL , WHO WANTS TO GO AND WATCH US GET BEAT MOST WEEKS, NOT ME THAT IS FOR SURE.ROLL ON LEAGUE 1  :boxing: :boxing:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 31, 2013, 08:23:40 pm by RedJ »
Well if you don't want to watch and support then don't, I'm sure you won't be missed Mick.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 31, 2013, 08:25:17 pm by Filo »

Called me and others doom mongers which could also be taken in an abusive way.
Seen as though i commute by train i'd find that hard to do so. Forever see you making pettty arguments,  grow up

Not petty arguments my friend, I find it amazing that not one single moaner could not be bothered to turn up tonight, thats not a dig at you personally, but surely out of all you moaners on here one could have made it and voiced there opinions in person!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on July 31, 2013, 08:34:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Sorry Filo having listened to the owners, there is nothing to be said. Without extra investment we have what we have. They have said as it is whether I like it ,you like or all other keyboard warriors like it. The budget given to PD by the owners is nearly gone. It's not a nice feeling, hopes built up and now realism sets in. Whether people, supporters like it or not this is the real world of professional football at this level. Lets hope additional investment for the good of the club can be obtain. TB said if extra funds were to be invested it would have to right for the club.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on July 31, 2013, 08:35:53 pm by besty »
I find it hard to believe no-one asked these sorts of questions Filo?

You are all Yes men or you know something we dont?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on July 31, 2013, 08:39:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
What sort of question, could not ask about any investment deals its confidential and JR said he could not say any more.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 31, 2013, 08:39:28 pm by Filo »
I find it hard to believe no-one asked these sorts of questions Filo?

You are all Yes men or you know something we dont?

Ridiculous! So you`re saying that all the attendee`s tonight were hand picked yes men?

TB categorically stated that any investment, had to be right for the club in the long term and the fans as well as the owners, why do you fail to understand that?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 31, 2013, 08:39:58 pm by wilts rover »
I am surprised that no-one asked what the budget actually was Besty? What was it, £8m last season in this division, £4m last? So what is it this?

ad1982

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on July 31, 2013, 08:44:17 pm by ad1982 »
We need investment, but we are willing to put an investment on the back burner.
We will be down by Christmas with this "squad".
Thanks for the bullshit hype about Given, Sharp, Wellens. It was never going to happen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012