Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 11:23:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget just about spent up  (Read 9869 times)

besty

• Forum Member
Re: Budget just about spent up
« Reply #60 on July 31, 2013, 08:44:42 pm by besty »
I find it hard to believe no-one asked these sorts of questions Filo?

You are all Yes men or you know something we dont?

Ridiculous! So you`re saying that all the attendee`s tonight were hand picked yes men?

TB categorically stated that any investment, had to be right for the club in the long term and the fans as well as the owners, why do you fail to understand that?

Do you fail to understand why 90% of our fans on here are upset and peeved off!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on July 31, 2013, 08:52:22 pm by DRFCBRADFORD »
DOWN BY CHRISTMAS WITH THIS SQUAD

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on July 31, 2013, 08:53:44 pm by roversam »
WUM

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on July 31, 2013, 09:32:45 pm by roverssam1879 »
Thanks for a summer of hype and false hope.

Indeed!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on July 31, 2013, 09:38:24 pm by IDM »

Indeed!

TBH, virtually all of the hype and false hope has come from the rumours and crap on the forum!  Only a few days ago (too many) people were complaining about the lack of news from the club.  So how can the club be at fault for the hype?

I know the club has said we've been looking to get this and that type of player, that we've enquired about Sharp and Given, but they never made promises really have they?  We're at fault for hyping everything up...

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on July 31, 2013, 09:41:47 pm by roverssam1879 »
then they should have done what most clubs do pre season... give us something to excite us. not lose a boat load of players and fail to replace them

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on July 31, 2013, 09:42:00 pm by coventryrover »

Indeed!

TBH, virtually all of the hype and false hope has come from the rumours and crap on the forum!  Only a few days ago (too many) people were complaining about the lack of news from the club.  So how can the club be at fault for the hype?

I know the club has said we've been looking to get this and that type of player, that we've enquired about Sharp and Given, but they never made promises really have they?  We're at fault for hyping everything up...

+1

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on July 31, 2013, 09:43:18 pm by RedJ »
then they should have done what most clubs do pre season... give us something to excite us. not lose a boat load of players and fail to replace them
And what exactly would you have wanted?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on July 31, 2013, 09:43:27 pm by Donnybax »
So when John ryan said come August 3rd he guarantees that nobody will disappointed it was complete b*llocks

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on July 31, 2013, 09:47:39 pm by IDM »

And you really believe they haven't been trying?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on July 31, 2013, 09:49:00 pm by IDM »
So when John ryan said come August 3rd he guarantees that nobody will disappointed it was complete b*llocks

JR always bigs up DRFC doesn't he?  Just be thankful he isn't as doom laden as many of the folks on here...

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on July 31, 2013, 09:49:44 pm by bobjimwilly »
regarding the budget that was mentioned tonight, and that it is "nearly used up" - if you were on the board, and you were looking to sign a player, would you boast about how much money you had available, or say publicly you were running out of money and had to watch the pennies regarding transfers??

:rolleyes:

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on July 31, 2013, 09:53:24 pm by Donnybax »

JR always bigs up DRFC doesn't he?  Just be thankful he isn't as doom laden as many of the folks on here...
well I don't mind the bigging up it's good our chairman is very good with the media and publicly gives a good impression of drfc but saying that just makes us fans so excited and it was clearly bull shit

ad1982

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on July 31, 2013, 09:55:51 pm by ad1982 »
JR could set fire to the stand and people would still support him.

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on July 31, 2013, 10:22:57 pm by Viking Don »
regarding the budget that was mentioned tonight, and that it is "nearly used up" - if you were on the board, and you were looking to sign a player, would you boast about how much money you had available, or say publicly you were running out of money and had to watch the pennies regarding transfers??

That's about it. They were hardly going to say we've got a couple of mill left in the pot for a striker and a CM, were they. Of course there will be more players coming in, maybe not 20 goal a season strikers but let's see who arrives in the next few days, today's signings have been top quality (for us).

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on July 31, 2013, 10:31:08 pm by hoolahoop »

Presumably you believe that any potential owners wouldn't want to look at the books.
We need to be more realistic and not be prepared to run always with false positivity. Those on here peddling over defensive optimism are as bad as those doing the opposite.
To even think that the Owners are laying it on thick re. our budgets is naive at best. Any consortium would insist on full diligence and would never be hoodwinked into believing that we are now paupers even before the season starts.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on July 31, 2013, 10:34:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
What a bunch of mithering losers.

Feel better now :)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on July 31, 2013, 10:36:57 pm by IDM »

Presumably you believe that any potential owners wouldn't want to look at the books.
We need to be more realistic and not be prepared to run always with false positivity. Those on here peddling over defensive optimism are as bad as those doing the opposite.
To even think that the Owners are laying it on thick re. our budgets is naive at best. Any consortium would insist on full diligence and would never be hoodwinked into believing that we are now paupers even before the season starts.

Hoola BJW was referring to potential player transfers, not investments...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:41:04 pm by IDM »

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on July 31, 2013, 10:39:31 pm by German Rover »

Indeed!

+1

+2

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on July 31, 2013, 10:44:10 pm by BobG »
You know what bothers me most about this news today? That it's the second time within 2 years we've ended up with what appears to be complete confusion and a complete cock up from the 'Three Amigos'. How many cock ups can you remember when it was just John in charge?

Hmmm. I am becoming increasingly concerned by the strategic management of this club by these people.

Actually, are two of the Amigos even directors of the company now? If they're not, as I suspect, I'll have to brush up on my rusty company law to see just what role is allowed major shareholders who do not sit on company Boards.

BobG
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 10:46:43 pm by BobG »

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on July 31, 2013, 10:49:47 pm by German Rover »
You know what bothers me most about this news today? That it's the second time within 2 years we've ended up with what appears to be complete confusion and a complete cock up from the 'Three Amigos'. How many cock ups can you remember when it was just John in charge?

Hmmm. I am becoming increasingly concerned by the strategic management of this club by these people.

Actually, are two of the Amigos even directors of the company now? If they're not, as I suspect, I'll have to brush up on my rusty company law to see just what role is allowed major shareholders who do not sit on company Boards.

BobG

There's been reports. On the rumour mill that brammall is back on the board (company house documents) but as far as I'm aware, dick Watson is no longer on the board after resigning for health reasons.

Not being particularly clued up on business law it would be interesting to find out what he's able to do.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on July 31, 2013, 11:24:50 pm by Muttley »

BobG

There's been reports. On the rumour mill that brammall is back on the board (company house documents) but as far as I'm aware, dick Watson is no longer on the board after resigning for health reasons.

Not being particularly clued up on business law it would be interesting to find out what he's able to do.

According to TommyC, TB is back on the board but it's not filtered through to the general access section of Companies House yet, but presume that the info is correct.

TB is effectively a one-third owner of Patienceform Ltd.

It depends on the Articles of Association but typically Directors don't actually have that much power other than day to day management of the company. The shareholders hold the voting rights and therefore have the power to remove directors.

Bob - shareholders hold the ultimate power, although it may require board resolutions to make it happen (again dependent on what the Articles lay down).

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 01, 2013, 12:02:26 am by BobG »
Thanks Muttley.  It's an interesting divide this power sharing between the voting rights (on resolutions put to the shareholders by the Board of Directors!) of major shareholders, and, the strategic and operational management of of a company by those directors.

If I were a major shareholder but not a director in a company I would have two basic choices to make: to support the Board of directors (perhaps influencing things from time to time), or, to bugger up a Board I did not like by refusing to vote for their resolutions at AGMs. Of course that could be very counter productive indeed, so it all boils down to the grey areas doesn't it?

BY the by, I'm also a bit worried by the statement that TB 'knows' at least one of the people behind this 'new' potential investment. It could, of course, be perfectly natural and reasonable, but it could be the opposite too. As I'm neither very impressed nor very convinced by the performance of the major shareholders - in strategic management and public behaviours and statements anyway - this last couple of years I think this is something to keep in mind for the next few months.

And before anyone accuses me of being a git or worse, I do applaud those self same major shareholders for both their foresight in appointing Gavin Baldwin, and their operational management of the club - always excepting their extraordinary behaviour around the time SOD left, and the seeming mess we look to be in currently. Way too much repetition of 'we're fine' in that interview. Do they think saying something over and over makes it true? I'm wondering if they 'protesteth too much'?

Cheers

BobG
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 12:08:26 am by BobG »

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 01, 2013, 08:05:28 am by colincramb »
JR could set fire to the stand and people would still support him.

You prat, this is so wrong on so many levels. Really, try to engage the brain before making comment. It will make you feel much better.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 01, 2013, 08:09:21 am by IDM »
Read this http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-we-will-not-be-rushed-1-5909142

Especially this bit: “We set a budget at the end of last season and Paul Dickov is working towards that budget to bring his team in,” he added.

“We’re comfortable with the squad we have got going into the start of the season, especially on the basis of the signings made [yesterday] and the people Paul is still talking to."

I read that as there are more players to come, already accounted for within the budget allocatiion?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 01, 2013, 11:12:18 am by mrfrostsdad »
Haha!!
PMSL! I posted about two or three weeks ago I thought we were struggling for money with no extra investment and probably waiting for TV money. I was shouted down, verbally abused, called a doom monger and berated by the mods and VSC directors.

It's nice to be right once in a while!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 01, 2013, 04:08:02 pm by RedJ »
Haha!!
PMSL! I posted about two or three weeks ago I thought we were struggling for money with no extra investment and probably waiting for TV money. I was shouted down, verbally abused, called a doom monger and berated by the mods and VSC directors.

But we aren't? we're still talking to people and we've allocated funds for their signing, and if these talks break down the funds will be available again. I'm not sure how you managed to miss the bold bit above.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 01, 2013, 04:25:46 pm by IDM »
Haha!!

What part of the quote from the DFP says we're struggling for cash?  Working to a budget, yes, but struggling???  I think you are reading something into it that isn't there!!

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on August 01, 2013, 05:04:49 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Haha!!

What an exciting life you lead. :rolleyes:

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on August 01, 2013, 05:14:28 pm by bobjimwilly »
Haha!!

You mean it's nice to be lucky once in a while? It's quite funny actually because you obviously don't have a clue what goes on behind the scenes, so when you are right it has simply been by chance.

Anyhow, well done! :aok:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012