Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:24:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Budget just about spent up  (Read 9871 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
Re: Budget just about spent up
« Reply #90 on August 01, 2013, 05:19:48 pm by mrfrostsdad »
And of course you do.
You know Jack S### like the rest of us. You know what they want to tell you

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on August 01, 2013, 05:30:19 pm by Lipsy »
Tbh - and this isn't a dig at anyone - saying that we would struggle with budget/not have enough money for players was pretty damn obvious.

Moreover, we also know that the club is run pretty tightly, so the chances of cash being splashed/people on here being amazed by the multiple stellar signings were zero from the off.

It was a bit like predicting that night would follow day, tbh.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on August 01, 2013, 06:24:34 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I agree with you Lipsy, and I shouldn't bite, but I did and I do.
Like I've said on another thread, no issues with what we've got, it's the hype. The 'how excited we're all going to be' 'proven at this level' etc. I just wish they wouldn't do it

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on August 01, 2013, 07:02:28 pm by Lipsy »
Thing is that the club is always going to big itself up, isn't it? JR is never going to say "It's going to be a struggle to get any players on the budget that we can reasonable afford" is he? He has to try to get those season tickets sold, no?

I actually thought that JR was quite restrained in what he said, and mostly PD has brought in some quality players that have the experience he said they would or we think can make the step up. Getting that elusive striker was never going to be possible - not with what we have to play with. However, other clubs are in the same boat and we're not done yet.

I actually think that JR thought that the deal was going to go through, tbh. I think he was really excited by the prospect and that was what he was alluding to. The thing is, why was JR so hellbent on such a "shit-or-bust" strategy? I wonder if he just wanted one last shot at the Prem. Given what was said by the Board yesterday, we know it was more "shit-or-bust" than it was long-term... I wonder if JR is thinking about the time when he steps down... Just my random thoughts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012