Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:47:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: BBC 1  (Read 2354 times)

vanderpanda

• Forum Member
BBC 1
« on July 31, 2013, 11:33:15 pm by vanderpanda »
Anyone watching the programme about Swansea? Brian Flynn obviously been on it a few times talking inside the Keepmoat

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
Re: BBC 1
« Reply #1 on July 31, 2013, 11:49:12 pm by roverssam1879 »
Yeah, good watch, nice to see what impact Flynn had.

he should have carried on for us imo

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2013, 12:11:36 am by Pintolager »
I saw it too and they must have shown Swansea score 3 or 4 goals against us!

Credit though to Swansea, it just goes to show what can be done when a club is run properly and with a bit of vision and patience. Something I feel that we could emulate to some degree, though I admit that Swansea has a better catchment base than we do, but hey, if you don't try......

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2013, 12:16:28 am by BobG »
I suspect they're more stable too Pinto.  With greater crowds (in any division) than us and not needing to rely on the pocket of one man as much as us, they have an innate stability that we have always lacked. It'd be interesting to know just how much time JR has put in, over the years, to seeking more investment. With a better balance to the Board, that effort could have been put to much better use looking after the club in a different way. The other thought about stability is an obvious one: any organisation run by three is inherently unstable. It's the single most unstable form of government the world has ever seen. I wonder just how much time and effort has to go into maintaining  that too...?

Cheers

BobG

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2013, 09:31:22 am by River Don »
I suspect they're more stable too Pinto.  With greater crowds (in any division) than us and not needing to rely on the pocket of one man as much as us, they have an innate stability that we have always lacked. It'd be interesting to know just how much time JR has put in, over the years, to seeking more investment. With a better balance to the Board, that effort could have been put to much better use looking after the club in a different way. The other thought about stability is an obvious one: any organisation run by three is inherently unstable. It's the single most unstable form of government the world has ever seen. I wonder just how much time and effort has to go into maintaining  that too...?

Cheers

BobG

Hang on there Bob, you bemoan Rovers having to rely on the pocket of one man and in the next sentence identify the problem in having a group of three at the helm.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 02, 2013, 01:35:22 am by BobG »
One man? Kind of. I'm sure you worked out what I meant! Everything stems from JR. According to this site the other two only put in when JR does by matching his investment. That may or may not be true, but if it is, it kind of indicates that JR is still the one man who can influence the shape and direction of the Rovers.

It's a complex situation. And we don't have access to the deals and agreements that underpin it. What we do know is that the three of them own most of the shares between them - and that most definitely is the most unstable form of government known to man.

So both my points have credibility :):) Ha ha ha!

Bob

DRFCBRADFORD

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 02, 2013, 05:07:52 am by DRFCBRADFORD »
didnt we beat swansea that year ,they won league1  2-1 at there place or was it the year b4?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2013, 07:25:57 am by River Don »
One man? Kind of. I'm sure you worked out what I meant! Everything stems from JR. According to this site the other two only put in when JR does by matching his investment. That may or may not be true, but if it is, it kind of indicates that JR is still the one man who can influence the shape and direction of the Rovers.

It's a complex situation. And we don't have access to the deals and agreements that underpin it. What we do know is that the three of them own most of the shares between them - and that most definitely is the most unstable form of government known to man.

So both my points have credibility :):) Ha ha ha!

Bob

Yes I agree JR is the driving force at the Rovers and I am pleased of it but I don't subscribe to the notion the KM2 might be a malign influence.

You see my Dad went to school with Terry Bramall, from everything I've heard about him and what I know of him, I believe his presence at the club is no bad thing at all. Philanthropy may be a rarity but I genuinely see that quality in Terry. Look at the money he has donated to Birmingham Uni. Ask Gavin Baldwin what Terry is most concerned with at the Rovers. He will tell you he is constantly talking about what can be done to improve the community work the club do.

If in this case Terry is acting as a brake on Johns enthusiasm for the club to take on this Irish venture, I can't help but feel it may well be a blessing.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2013, 08:18:48 am by Alickismyhero »
I admit I am guessing but I think Bramall has done us a favour by stopping this takeover. You only have to do research on google to become concerned about the motives of the Irish consortium.

Its status quo and I am very happy with that.

Terry, Dick and John have to kiss and make up now the club is bigger than any individual.

I would like to see our first win on Saturday but if not it won't diminish my support for our

FANTASTIC PUB TEAM.

I have seen Rovers get the record amount of points in a season followed by the record lowest points in a season, thats the way it goes at Donny and I don't think it will change.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012