Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 08:40:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: oh dear  (Read 9714 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
oh dear
« on August 01, 2013, 11:15:44 am by Ldr »
Well, all the shite looks to be coming home to roost

drfc-exiles.co.uk/2013/08/jr-just-gave-us-some-disturbing-news

DRFC Exiles

JR just gave us some disturbing news…..
Published on August 1st, 2013
Written by: Insider
Prev
John Ryan has just let us know that it looks like we wont be signing our favourite striker of old Billy Sharp!

JR says he took a call from Billy and it’s sad to say that Barnsley are trying to poach him from under our noses!

JR is distraught in that he had just about tied up a deal with Billy, Billy was keen to return – as you would expect, but after this weeks impasse on investment talks, JR now cannot sanction the deal and he is powerless to stop Billy heading across to our rivals. Billy has been hanging on for Rovers to come and get him, but he says he cant wait forever! JR could nt offer any short term solution, so we are powerless to act.

Not the news we wanted to hear just before we kick off the Championship season

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: oh dear
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2013, 11:18:58 am by GazLaz »
If we can't compete with the Dingles we should give up.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2013, 11:19:07 am by The L J Monk »
I just read that also. It's in the section "Baldwin's blog" - does GB actually write that?

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2013, 11:19:59 am by Katesby »
Fair play to Barnsley for actually showing some ambition. It's a real shame we couldn't do the same as he clearly wanted to join us. Embarrassing.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2013, 11:21:31 am by bobbymax »
I'd take anything you read on that site accompanied by a large vat of salt. But let's say it's true - does JR really want to risk the future of the club so we can sign a player we can't afford? You decide.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2013, 11:22:06 am by Filo »
I detect some ones propoganda machine is working overtime!

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2013, 11:22:17 am by Boomstick »
If that happens, I'm going back to get a refund on my season ticket. on the grounds of it being unsuitable, and not what I'm looking for on my Saturday afternoons. Kept the faith long enough, stretched my budget to breaking point, and invested a lot of money in the club I support. To be let down.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 01, 2013, 11:22:57 am by Dare to dream! »
Surely barnsley aren't signing him on a permo are they? Ahh FFs anyone but Barnsley

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 01, 2013, 11:24:01 am by Katesby »
I'd take anything you read on that site accompanied by a large vat of salt. But let's say it's true - does JR really want to risk the future of the club so we can sign a player we can't afford? You decide.

Oh please. You can't stick up for the club when a player of Sharps quality has been waiting to join us only to join our rivals. So frustrating.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 01, 2013, 11:24:25 am by mushRTID »
This is depressing. Can't they loan the club the money until the investment comes in?

In finding it difficult to look forward to Saturday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 01, 2013, 11:24:54 am by IDM »
Does anyone really believe that even if this call had happened between JR and BS then JR would let it out what the other club was?

I guess it is a spoof or a wind up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 01, 2013, 11:26:13 am by Filo »
It's plainly obvious some one is muck raking!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 01, 2013, 11:27:58 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Oh please. You can't stick up for the club when a player of Sharps quality has been waiting to join us only to join our rivals. So frustrating.

Of course you can. We work to our budgets not trying to have a bigger one than others. If Sharp wants to go to a club he hates ffs then they're welcome to him.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 01, 2013, 11:32:10 am by IDM »
Fair play to Barnsley for actually showing some ambition. It's a real shame we couldn't do the same as he clearly wanted to join us. Embarrassing.

What is embarrassing?  Regardless of this probably being a wind up, if we can't afford BS or any other player, we can't afford them... Simples!!  That's nowt to do with lack of ambition, it is just the facts of the economy of our club.  Jesus Christ we're not going to have a repeat of yesterday on here are we? 

I'm waiting for the "disgrace" comments....

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 01, 2013, 11:36:26 am by jonnydog »

IF IT's TRUE, then I'll echo this post and the use of the word AMBITION.

Why, again if true, if he wanted to come here, could they not sort something out. We all knew at the beginning of the pre-season that we need a decent keeper and a decent, nay prolific, striker. I would have like to see these concreted as soon as possible - and wouldn't be bothered if it was someone else other than BS. Thankfully the GK situation looks to be sorted, but I am very concerned about the striker situation.

I know I'll probably get told to man-up and all that I have to be positive and keep the faith, and I have kept plodding on like a bear in army boots... but last night was the first time I have felt proper deflated about everything since before the turn of the century (obviously different times and in no way to be compared!).

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 01, 2013, 11:37:41 am by oggycompton »
Long term over short term any day of the week. I love Billy but if we cant afford him, surely thats the end of the matter?

vanderpanda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 01, 2013, 11:40:09 am by vanderpanda »
Thought he was heading to Reading myself

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 01, 2013, 11:40:41 am by andysly »
Sign BS we stay up with decent crowds because we're winning games.
Don't sign him a season of struggle and possible relegation with dwindling support.
Now do the economics.

DRFC17

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 01, 2013, 11:43:27 am by DRFC17 »
Or JR's getting some revenge on the Dingles over M'Voto and announcing he looks to be going there, making other inretested clubs take note, come
In for him and price him out of Bransley's reach. Not daft int Sir John.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 01, 2013, 11:44:25 am by jonnydog »
Don't sign him a season of struggle and possible relegation with dwindling support.
Now do the economics.

That's the other torture... I went to every game last season, and the walk to the ground, and even the days leading up to games were positive and I genuinely believed we could beat anyone. Sadly with all that has happened, and especially seeing the team numbers thread yesterday it is like the season before last and dreading seeing us getting pasted week in week out.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 01, 2013, 11:45:01 am by Al4475 »
Our staying-up or relegation or promotion or whatever does not rest on Billy Sharp! Jeez!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 01, 2013, 11:45:53 am by IDM »
Now do the economics.

Do you want DRFC to spend what they haven't got - and end up like Portsmouth?  Say we splash out what we can't afford on BS - to avoid relegation - and then he gets crocked again?  What then??

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 01, 2013, 11:46:00 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Now do the economics.

I stick to finance. Sign Billy Sharp on his wages so potential outlay of 650k plus loan fee maybe 150k at least and agent so maybe 900k.

900k at an average ticket price of 21 pounds over the season is 1864 extra adults per game. Could Billy Sharp bring in that many adults per game?

Secondly if rovers increased budget by 900k ish could you satisfy ffp, could it be better spent elsewhere and what effect on existing lower paid players.

We've been here before and it was the beginning of the process towards relegation. Sharp great player for us but not worth blowing and stretching the budget for.

All my opinion though.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 01, 2013, 11:47:45 am by Boomstick »
Our staying-up or relegation or promotion or whatever does not rest on Billy Sharp! Jeez!
No it doesn't, it rests on ambition! If it turns out to be true, the. It shows Barnsley have shed loads and we have f**k all

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 01, 2013, 11:47:54 am by coventryrover »
If that happens, I'm going back to get a refund on my season ticket. on the grounds of it being unsuitable, and not what I'm looking for on my Saturday afternoons. Kept the faith long enough, stretched my budget to breaking point, and invested a lot of money in the club I support. To be let down.

Are you for real?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 01, 2013, 11:48:02 am by jonnydog »

No, but it does depend on a team and surely to god another striker that can bring a change of pace and maybe bang them in. I aint bothered who it is as long as it's someone who can change the dynamics of a game and bag some goals.

I know some are saying with the formation PD like we might only need 1 striker. But what if every game the formation struggles to work, have we got a back up plan with regards to strikers cos I just don't see one. BP and CB are too similar player in my opinion - that's assuming they both stay fit too

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 01, 2013, 11:49:06 am by Copps is Magic »
If Billy Sharp sign for Barnsley I will give every member of this forum 50p.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 01, 2013, 11:49:16 am by andysly »

No of course it doesn't but would have a huge impact on our season.
Manchester United may well have still won the league last season but they certainly benefitted from buying Van Persie.

ArmthorpeRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 01, 2013, 11:49:24 am by ArmthorpeRover »
How much do we get for staying in the championship tho? With the wealth of talent in midfield Billy would get an absolute sackful......if he did contribute towards keeping us up then the continued Championship money would pay for it.....would it not? In this sense it is long term.

Or am I thinking too simplistically?

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 01, 2013, 11:50:22 am by Katesby »
Massive lack of ambition, simple as. Good effort from Barnsley if they do indeed sign him.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012