Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 01:27:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tomlinson signs  (Read 17302 times)

donnygeoff

• Forum Member
Re: Tomlinson signs
« Reply #30 on August 01, 2013, 02:59:11 pm by donnygeoff »
Personally twitter is alive with idiots who do not know the background as mentioned above by SLO.  This is great PR and will bring revenue into a local charity that both DRFC and Louis support. The whole knows about Bluebell Wood and DRFC. Well done

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

JayBaker

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 01, 2013, 03:01:01 pm by JayBaker »
DRFC are trending on Twitter and reaching audiences worldwide as we get ready to start in the Championship again; incredible publicity - and redeems One Direction in the sense of it being for charity, and the lad's done it for his hometown team rather than doing what most celebrities do and follow the money.

All good clean harmless fun; opposing fans needed decent fodder anyway since the last good chant from that end was the opening game at Keepmoat Stadium against Huddersfield Town: "You've only come for the t-shirts!"

Bring it on, we've nothing to be ashamed of here. Keep smiling!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 01, 2013, 03:01:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Think it's a good idea myself, but the timing of it makes it feel like a real kick in the teeth. If this had happened 3-4 weeks ago I don't think anyone would have a problem with it really, it's just 48 hours before the start of the season when we can barely fill a bench and one of our best players is on the verge of leaving, we're desperate for signings, then this happens. I can see why people are annoyed myself.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 01, 2013, 03:02:48 pm by IDM »
I don't see the timing as an issue.  This is completely separate from the rest of the squad building and the real football side of things.

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 01, 2013, 03:03:03 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
He has signed a one year deal on non-contract terms. He is personally making no money at all from this arrangement.

Can we also add that Real Madrid approached him regarding a similar idea and he rejected it because he wanted to do it for his local charity and hometown club.

Credit to the lad.

Bring on Blackpool anyway!

DRFC MYERS

« Reply #35 on August 01, 2013, 03:03:58 pm by DRFC MYERS »
Just think of all the little girls running round all over the world in the £50 rovers shirt with Tomlinson 28 on back! Hopefully we get a few quid out of this!

LukeP12345

« Reply #36 on August 01, 2013, 03:07:07 pm by LukeP12345 »
Is this some sort of joke he plays for a local pub team like we started out but were no longer that team!
we have gown enought to get better players than people who are in one direction :headbang: HOW DESPERATE ARE WE FOR PUBLICITY SERIOUSLY!? :thumbdown: waste of money in my opinion

Rover19

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 01, 2013, 03:08:20 pm by Rover19 »
Just think of all the little girls running round all over the world in the £50 rovers shirt with Tomlinson 28 on back! Hopefully we get a few quid out of this!

I'm sure that will be the idea. Think people are being a bit naive if they think it's all about charity. Rovers will be looking at making a few quid out of this.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 01, 2013, 03:12:14 pm by DMnumber4 »

I'm sure that will be the idea. Think people are being a bit naive if they think it's all about charity. Rovers will be looking at making a few quid out of this.

We'll need it for our L1 promotion push 14/15 season

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on August 01, 2013, 03:14:16 pm by Donnybax »
It's more of a publicity stunt in my opinion. I'm happy for bluebell wood who will get some much needed money. But from a football point of view, because we are a football club. And from a publicity stunt it's pathetic

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 01, 2013, 03:18:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
This is so embarrassing.

But not as deeply embarassing as thinking JR was leading a takeover consortium though, eh?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 01, 2013, 03:20:00 pm by IDM »
Is this some sort of joke he plays for a local pub team like we started out but were no longer that team!
we have gown enought to get better players than people who are in one direction :headbang: HOW DESPERATE ARE WE FOR PUBLICITY SERIOUSLY!? :thumbdown: waste of money in my opinion

:facepalm:

:suicide:

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 01, 2013, 03:22:04 pm by godlike1 »
Great idea, fully behind it.

Atrocious timing.

post of the day for me :-)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 01, 2013, 03:22:20 pm by DonnyNoel »
You can tell its tense on here - 4 months ago (maybe even two) we'd be quipping about it.

Can he get his bandmates to sing in the south stand?
Well at least he's better than Denis Souza/Lewis Guy/Mark Wilson
Will we get to play some friendlies abroad now?
Rovers are only going in "One Direction" after this signing...

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 01, 2013, 03:22:43 pm by Dare to dream! »
We're getting all this publicity why isn't the clubs official twitter account posting links of where to buy tickets and merchandise? Wasting the opportunity 

GM-MarkB

« Reply #45 on August 01, 2013, 03:24:58 pm by GM-MarkB »
The only embarassing thing about this is the reaction of some of you guys...really.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on August 01, 2013, 03:25:07 pm by oggycompton »

What part of... 'Its costing us no money', do you not get? He's doing it for free.... to raise awareness for a charity.....which raises the profile of the club.... 1D fans buy the shirt..... everyone wins. Is it that difficult to get? Or am I being stupid? Jesus.

TommyC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 01, 2013, 03:26:02 pm by TommyC »

That post absolutely HAS to be a wind up.  :lol:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 01, 2013, 03:30:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Amen the only cringeworthy, embarrassing thing is people not being behind a charitable cause that's good for the football club as a whole, disappointing, but recently, not surprising either.

copps123

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 01, 2013, 03:32:02 pm by copps123 »
some people are unreal!  Great publicity for the club, and for the charity. I recall asking my mum when i was about 13 for a port vale shirt because of Robbie Williams...major cringe as i type that....but its true!  Good on Rovers..and good on louis!

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 01, 2013, 03:33:15 pm by KC_DRFC »
I can't believe how everyone is getting so worked up about it

DonnyRed1992

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on August 01, 2013, 03:35:57 pm by DonnyRed1992 »
Some of the tweets about this make me want to cry

"Dear Doncaster rovers fans youll thank louis later hes good at football youll thank him later just watch :) @Louis_Tomlinson "

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on August 01, 2013, 03:39:02 pm by Donnybax »
Whatever people think about it surely drfc should be announcing on twitter or Facebook where to buy shirts get them printed and where to buy tickets etc

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 01, 2013, 03:41:30 pm by Dare to dream! »
Whatever people think about it surely drfc should be announcing on twitter or Facebook where to buy shirts get them printed and where to buy tickets etc

exactly my point further up. Why get this publicity if we aren't going to make to most of it?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 01, 2013, 03:47:08 pm by DonnyRTID »
Maybe We'll buy Billy with the extra money raised from shirt sales.  :thumbsup:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 01, 2013, 03:47:22 pm by DonnyNoel »

exactly my point further up. Why get this publicity if we aren't going to make to most of it?

The tweets about Blackpool tickets and ordering shirts with names/numbers on the back have now started to appear.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on August 01, 2013, 03:48:32 pm by roversontheup »
Are some of you people real?. What's the problem with signing a high profile local celebrity and making use of his status to promote a loacal childrens charity in Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice.

Do you honestly think this signing was made with the proviso that Louis plays first team football?
It's an honourary signing that will raise the profile of the club and promote better public awareness, and also raise much needed cash for a cause very close to the Rovers.

How can anyone think that this is an embarrassment, the publicity alone is worth it's weight in gold to the club.

He's taking JR's squad number 28. If he gets any game time at all, I can only see it being for local charity games. Good on yer Louis. Just my opinion of course, and I don't have evidence to back any of the above opinions.

Totally agree.  I dont understand why people find this so embarrassing?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on August 01, 2013, 03:49:47 pm by Dare to dream! »
Are some of you people real?. What's the problem with signing a high profile local celebrity and making use of his status to promote a loacal childrens charity in Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice.

Do you honestly think this signing was made with the proviso that Louis plays first team football?
It's an honourary signing that will raise the profile of the club and promote better public awareness, and also raise much needed cash for a cause very close to the Rovers.

How can anyone think that this is an embarrassment, the publicity alone is worth it's weight in gold to the club.

He's taking JR's squad number 28. If he gets any game time at all, I can only see it being for local charity games. Good on yer Louis. Just my opinion of course, and I don't have evidence to back any of the above opinions.

If you go on twitter literally the whole country is laughing

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 01, 2013, 03:53:05 pm by DonnyNoel »

If you go on twitter literally the whole country is laughing

You are Jamie Redknapp....

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on August 01, 2013, 03:56:32 pm by scaley back rover »
is it wrong of me to get a shirt with the number one on the back of it and the word direction above it?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012