Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:12:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Things could be worse....  (Read 2645 times)

GM-MarkB

Things could be worse....
« on March 31, 2012, 05:55:54 pm by GM-MarkB »
Apparently 4 Preston players were sacked today after an almighty bust up following their loss against the Owls.

From what i've heard, they passed on info last night to Wednesday players about their line up and tactics for today's game.

Fcuk me, they must really hate Westley :facepalm:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Things could be worse....
« Reply #1 on March 31, 2012, 05:58:37 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=230936
Apparently 4 Preston players were sacked today after an almighty bust up following their loss against the Owls.

From what i've heard, they passed on info last night to Wednesday players about their line up and tactics for today's game.

:blink:  WOW! Let me guess, Westley is known for making his players work harder than most teams at fitness and strength and the pampered footballers at PNE dont like it!!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 31, 2012, 06:48:50 pm by Rios »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230938

:blink:  WOW! Let me guess, Westley is known for making his players work harder than most teams at fitness and strength and the pampered footballers at PNE dont like it!!

That's one way to look at it.  The other is that Westley is a grade A cock who hasn't got the first idea about football and builds his teams to be physical and bully the opposition off the park whilst indulging in the worst types of gamesmanship that were supposedly lost when John Beck pissed off into non-league obscurity.

To put it simply I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire and he ranks alongside Weaver in terms in likeability and football tactics.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 31, 2012, 06:52:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=230955

That's one way to look at it.  The other is that Westley is a grade A cock who hasn't got the first idea about football and builds his teams to be physical and bully the opposition off the park whilst indulging in the worst types of gamesmanship that were supposedly lost when John Beck pissed off into non-league obscurity.

To put it simply I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire and he ranks alongside Weaver in terms in likeability and football tactics.

His style may not be pretty but it's effective and he's had success from it. As for westley himself, i have no opinion on him either way.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 31, 2012, 07:04:15 pm by ditch_drfc »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=230957

His style may not be pretty but it's effective and he's had success from it. As for westley himself, i have no opinion on him either way.

And that just about sums you up.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 31, 2012, 07:05:17 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"ditch_drfc\" post=230962

And that just about sums you up.

Why's that?

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 31, 2012, 07:20:36 pm by JonWallsend »

Was just about to post something similar. I know a lad who briefly played under him. One training session entailed a visit to a gym where the players had to spar for 3 mins with one of a number of ex pro boxers. Gloves were provided but no headgear and while the pros were obviously not going flat out, my mate still ended up with a split lip and a black eye- The purpose of the session was to toughen the players up. I think some players bought into it but the majority were left literally dazed and confused.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 31, 2012, 07:35:42 pm by Mr1Croft »
At Stevenage he trained them to play a 180 minute match, they was the fittest team in league two and one of the main reasons why they were promoted.

He always said 'we may not be the nest tactically but we can out strengthen and outrun any team'

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 31, 2012, 07:40:33 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"JonWallsend\" post=230965

Was just about to post something similar. I know a lad who briefly played under him. One training session entailed a visit to a gym where the players had to spar for 3 mins with one of a number of ex pro boxers. Gloves were provided but no headgear and while the pros were obviously not going flat out, my mate still ended up with a split lip and a black eye- The purpose of the session was to toughen the players up. I think some players bought into it but the majority were left literally dazed and confused.

Nothing wrong with that imo!
Can he take one of our training sessions? Or can we just hire him as John Oster's personal trainer?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 01, 2012, 07:20:23 am by Draytonian III »
Remember what he did for Farnborough about 10 years ago,they played Arsenal in the F A cup 3rd round at Highbury when he was in charge on the Saturday and on the Monday he jumped ship to Stevenage taking 8 players with him and all the money they had made .So much for being one if not the biggest day in their history,it led them to near extinction . He deserves everything he gets ,a total tool

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 01, 2012, 07:57:40 am by wilts rover »
Yes, I remember that, and just to clarify, He took the players, estimated to be worth, £250k - £500k, for free by cancelling their contracts at Farnboro thus signing them for free at Stevenage. Westley is only concerned about Graham Westley.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 01, 2012, 08:31:09 am by Barmby Rover »

PNE are of course running away with Lg.1

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 01, 2012, 08:51:15 am by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=230968
At Stevenage he trained them to play a 180 minute match, they was the fittest team in league two and one of the main reasons why they were promoted.

He always said 'we may not be the nest tactically but we can out strengthen and outrun any team'

In your opinion they were...I mean was...innit.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 01, 2012, 10:50:59 am by Rios »
From the FLP today...

\"Westley has been involved in a running battle with the Deepdale dressing room since taking over from Phil Brown in January...\"

\"Westlet transfer listed midfielder Pauk Coutts and dropped players with a late night text message less than two weeks into his new job.\"

\"Preston have won just twice in their last fifteen games and Westley threatened a mid-week clear out following their defeat to Brentford\".

It's got f*ck all to do with Preston players not wanting to train, it's all about being professional and that comes from the top down.  If the manager is behaving like a tool then it's no surprise that the players have resorted to extremes such as that.

Westley is a prize dick and it's little surprise that his \"non-league\" methods and attitude aren't working at professional football club.  I'm more surprised that any PNE fans actually turn up to watch, I'd be posting JR my season ticket back if he'd appointed him here.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 01, 2012, 12:50:43 pm by Jonathan »
At least there's no risk of our tactics being leaked!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 01, 2012, 01:40:59 pm by RedJ »
The Stevenage chairman actually made sure to write into his contract that if/when he moved on he couldn't take any of their players with him for a certain amount of time. God knows how he did it legally but that's genius if you ask me.

GM-MarkB

« Reply #16 on April 01, 2012, 02:33:59 pm by GM-MarkB »
Finally something 'official' has come out.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17577124

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 01, 2012, 02:40:04 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=231055
Finally something 'official' has come out.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17577124

\"To stand in the dugout today and to be told by [Sheffield Wednesday's] dugout that four of our players had given our side to them says where our side is at,\" he added.

\"I have to work on the basis they they wouldn't tell me a lie.\"

How about working on the basis that you`re being wound up Mr Westley?

And if you do believe the lying pigs at least conduct your investigations in private!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #18 on April 05, 2012, 02:44:35 pm by GM-MarkB »
Now on a slightly different subject.....

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=216028&st=0

The OP is class !

Obviously there is nothing morally reprehensible in not paying Tax, PAYE, paying players on double contracts, never mind some of the off the field issues :thumbsup:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2012, 11:01:47 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
surely this is over the top and counter productive ?
Otherwise all teams would do this?
Need rest as well?
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=230968

TinyPortal © 2005-2012