Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:13:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Inevitable  (Read 6713 times)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
Re: Inevitable
« Reply #30 on April 01, 2012, 06:47:28 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"big fat yorkshire pudding\" post=231123
Although in fairness there are also having just looked;

Mick Mccarthy - good manager, but a dingle and doubt he'd come to manage us in league 1.

Lee Clark - In the end failed on a big budget at Hudds, but perhaps he could learn from that and do a job here, not sure he'd fancy a small budget but it could in fact help him out in that he'd have to man manage a lot.

Billy Davies - Doubt he'd come but he's a good manager who gets results, even though I think the guy's a prat.

Phil Brown - has done well in the past, but failed at others, mixed bag for him really.

Phil Brown is the only realistic one on that list.

Tisdale.Tisdale.Tisdale.Tisdale.Tisdale.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on April 01, 2012, 08:04:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231124

Bloody hell, you sound like his agent. And we all know how much harm they do to the game, don't we? :silly:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 01, 2012, 08:17:50 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Glyn_Wigley\" post=231135
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231124

Bloody hell, you sound like his agent. And we all know how much harm they do to the game, don't we? :silly:

I'm representing Paul Tisdale and Billy Kee :lol:

Tbf both will be a big success and probably end up at alot bigger and better clubs then us in the future... All the more reason for us to get them now while we still can.

For the record, neither Paul or Billy call me their 'agent' they know how wrong that word is, 'representative' and 'friend' is the most common they refer me to. They know if they call me the nasty 'A' word then i'll drop them on the spot.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 01, 2012, 08:24:48 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231087
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=231083
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231077
Saunders also requires a specific type of player, a player who McKay knows about...

Give Saunders 7 league games next season (without McKay) then we should know just how good DS is.

In my ideal world though after SO'D was sacked we should have gone all out to get Paul Tisdale in.

Your constant references to McKay are getting ridiculous, nobody mentions him as much as you. What is wrong with having the most experienced agent of them all scouting for players for Dean Saunders? Why does he have to jump through all your hoops so that you will be happy for whatever reason? When are you going to face up to the fact that agents are a part of football and have been for quite some time?

Tisdale? You are joking!

It's true though, all through Saunders short managerial career he's relied on McKay, he should go it alone.

No i'm not joking about Tisdale, would've been a cracking choice, good young manager who has had success in his managerial career and got his teams punching above their weight with practically a non-existant budget.

But you still haven't answered my questions? Why force our manager, any manager, to go it alone as you put it? Do you not think that every other club in the league use agents? Do you think each manager should do all the scouting, complete the player appraisal forms, complete the evaluation and contract documentation and then negotiate the transfer fee? Do you have any idea, in your perfect football world what is involved in a modern football club. You are so naive I feel sorry for you!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 01, 2012, 08:33:58 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=231144
Saunders also requires a specific type of player, a player who McKay knows about...

Give Saunders 7 league games next season (without McKay) then we should know just how good DS is.

In my ideal world though after SO'D was sacked we should have gone all out to get Paul Tisdale in.

Your constant references to McKay are getting ridiculous, nobody mentions him as much as you. What is wrong with having the most experienced agent of them all scouting for players for Dean Saunders? Why does he have to jump through all your hoops so that you will be happy for whatever reason? When are you going to face up to the fact that agents are a part of football and have been for quite some time?

Tisdale? You are joking!

It's true though, all through Saunders short managerial career he's relied on McKay, he should go it alone.

No i'm not joking about Tisdale, would've been a cracking choice, good young manager who has had success in his managerial career and got his teams punching above their weight with practically a non-existant budget.

But you still haven't answered my questions? Why force our manager, any manager, to go it alone as you put it? Do you not think that every other club in the league use agents? Do you think each manager should do all the scouting, complete the player appraisal forms, complete the evaluation and contract documentation and then negotiate the transfer fee? Do you have any idea, in your perfect football world what is involved in a modern football club. You are so naive I feel sorry for you!

No ofcourse i don't, no manager in the world does all of that. The club have a host of people doing all them specific jobs, none employ a football agent to be the sole person responsible for bringing players to the football club.

He should go it alone by not having to rely on McKay (a football agent, who looks after themselves first, the client last) for his transfer dealings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 01, 2012, 08:54:44 pm by dickos1 »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231149

Tisdale? You are joking!

No ofcourse i don't, no manager in the world does all of that. The club have a host of people doing all them specific jobs, none employ a football agent to be the sole person responsible for bringing players to the football club.

He should go it alone by not having to rely on McKay (a football agent, who looks after themselves first, the client last) for his transfer dealings.

Where has it ever been said he is in sole charge of all incoming transfers?? That's right it hasn't. More bollox from the best in the business..

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 01, 2012, 09:58:40 pm by wilts rover »
I posted on another thread that last year we paid out nearly £400k on agents fees and got what - Dennis Souza and Wayne Thomas! That is we had to pay out those fees however rubbish the players were and however many games they played. Now my understanding is that Willie MacKay is not charging a fee at all. The only way he will recieve and money is if 'his' players are sold on. Ergo, if they are rubbish they aren't going to be sold. So the better quality a player he gets for us, and the bteer that player plays for us, the more it benefits MacKay. The flaw in that theory is of course that not all quality player want to come to Rovers.

I do wonder whay you have it in for MacKay but are promoting us buying players - thus the use of other agents (thats if MacKay isn't Billy Knee or Paul Tisdale's agent too),

As for Tisdale, ask yourself why wasn't the former Bristol City great (6 games) interviewed for their job? Team Bath eh, I work with a guy who was a director there until they were thrown out of their league.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 01, 2012, 09:59:26 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=231153

Tisdale? You are joking!

Where has it ever been said he is in sole charge of all incoming transfers?? That's right it hasn't. More bollox from the best in the business..

At the start of the project McKay said himself in an article that he was responsible for all incomings and outgoings over the next 2 years.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 01, 2012, 10:11:16 pm by dickos1 »
Oh u mean that factual article that was in the daily mail. Which John Ryan rubbished?

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 01, 2012, 11:57:32 pm by Donnybax »
I think mark robins could do a good job for us

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 02, 2012, 12:03:13 am by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=231164
Oh u mean that factual article that was in the daily mail. Which John Ryan rubbished?

Did he? Why did McKay do the interview and say it in the first place then?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 02, 2012, 12:16:58 am by silent majority »

Tisdale? You are joking!

But your still avoiding the question,what is wrong with employing the best agent in the business to bring the best players he can find to the club? Especially one who has agreed to do this for nothing?

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 02, 2012, 12:44:06 am by Chris »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=231182

Tisdale? You are joking!

But your still avoiding the question,what is wrong with employing the best agent in the business to bring the best players he can find to the club? Especially one who has agreed to do this for nothing?

Who says he's the best agent in the business, other than McKay himself? Most notorious, yes. Best? Debatable.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 02, 2012, 06:12:40 am by dickos1 »
Journalists never make things up or twist things around do they

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 02, 2012, 05:06:43 pm by Jonathan »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231076
In my case i would prefer DS as it must be harder to recruit for SOD style than his.

I'm not sure it's proving any easier to recruit a DS style player. He gave an inkling into what he wanted when he stated we needed some more Roy Keane type players in the midfield (praise the lord!) He then brought in Goujon.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 02, 2012, 05:18:04 pm by Wild Rover »
Quote from: \"Jonathan\" post=231310
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231076
In my case i would prefer DS as it must be harder to recruit for SOD style than his.

I'm not sure it's proving any easier to recruit a DS style player. He gave an inkling into what he wanted when he stated we needed some more Roy Keane type players in the midfield (praise the lord!) He then brought in Goujon.

Probably why he only lasted a month Jon. He obviously didn't do what it said on the tin.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 02, 2012, 05:50:28 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=231182

You just have to watch things like this...

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wbhqy1nSzmA[/video]

When it all came about, it just felt wrong, being raised to think of agents as corrupt and the ones that have ruined the game. I do feel more comfortable with it now, I may still not agree with it 100% but I think it is more a case of me personally accepting it, after all McKay has just asked for a chance, and I don't think we were in a position to not take the risk...

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 02, 2012, 06:05:11 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=231325

Amen, Ash 'three socks' AMEN!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 02, 2012, 07:02:12 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231326
Quote from: \"Mr1Croft\" post=231325

Amen, Ash 'three socks' AMEN!

The point I was getting across is that there is an attitude in this country (whether rightly or wrongly) that it is the agents that have corrupted this game. What this experiment has proved is that yes the game may have changed, and this may be down to the agents. But in my eyes what it has done is show the footballing world that their is hope for the game after all. The pay cuts the likes of Diouf and Chimbonda have taken would have been thought impossible a year back. Many people think that agents controll the game today and McKay has proved this, but he hasn't proved this by taking a big pot of money for himself, he has proved it by helping out a team that doesn't get tens of thousand attendances, a team that has never been in the top flight and a team that in truth looked lost.

Whether this experiment has worked or not, he has proven their maybe hope for the game after all.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 03, 2012, 12:28:27 pm by drfcsteve »
Quote from: \"dickos1\" post=231187
Journalists never make things up or twist things around do they

I think you may be clutching at straws now, we all know the mail isn't great, but why would they make up that McKay said he had control of transfer dealings if he didn't, it's hardy a detail that's gonna sell more papers.

My opinion on what happened is that McKay decided to do the interview to promote the experiment, but when it was published and provoked such a negative reaction from the fans JR had to step in and \"rubbish\" the article to keep the fans on side with the project.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 03, 2012, 01:01:04 pm by CusworthRovers »
Personally I have no problem in any player coming to our club and trialling. If he's the dogs danglies on and off the pitch; an excellent squad/team player who gels within it; a fantastic hard working trainer at Cantley Park; contributes positively to the long term future of DRFC, then bring it on. At the end of the day this is what a Football Club should be about, and I don't personally don't care who brings that player in or how he got here. As long as he does the above, it's affordable to us and we don't sell our arses to achieve it............then bring it on.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on April 03, 2012, 01:27:04 pm by dickos1 »
McKay is finding us players and offering them to Saunders, Saunders will still be finding his own players, as for players outgoing I don't believe McKay has any influence on that whatsoever.
Surely you don't think McKay tells Saunders he has to get rid of players like naylor, Wilson etc. that was down to Saunders..

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 03, 2012, 01:47:16 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231113
I dont care if 40 new players were brought in. DS required men and he got them, some of the loans were replaced with other loans ( 3 keepers as an example )Goulon to some extent was replaced by Ilunga, Fortune replaced by Piccione, etc etc. So is the loan system that bad, because your 15 have suddenly shrunk to 10.

I further ask how many players WM actually brought in to DRFC, i expect ( although i dont know ), the answer is 5, Chimbonda, Dieuf, Beye, Plessis and Robert . I suspect the rest were manager to manager loans.

The answer is 6, you're forgetting DIOUF.

WBDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 03, 2012, 02:05:42 pm by WBDRFC »
Quote from: \"Colin C No.3\" post=231432
I dont care if 40 new players were brought in. DS required men and he got them, some of the loans were replaced with other loans ( 3 keepers as an example )Goulon to some extent was replaced by Ilunga, Fortune replaced by Piccione, etc etc. So is the loan system that bad, because your 15 have suddenly shrunk to 10.

I further ask how many players WM actually brought in to DRFC, i expect ( although i dont know ), the answer is 5, Chimbonda, Dieuf, Beye, Plessis and Robert . I suspect the rest were manager to manager loans.

Again, a problem with reading, I see. The 5 that Wild Rover stated includes Diouf. Admittedly his spelling is not perfect, but that doesn't forgive you for seeing something totally different.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 03, 2012, 07:30:32 pm by Jonathan »
Goulon was not replaced by Illunga, they essentially different positions, although granted they are both garbage.

I'm not sure who Diatta replaced but he also counts to the wage bill. He has good contacts.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 03, 2012, 07:42:14 pm by Wild Rover »
Thats funny Jon, i swear Ilunga played as a defensive midfield player when HG went back to Blackburn. Maybe i am totally wrong. And i feel sure i never mentioned Diatta at all. I simply said some of the 15 were replacements.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 03, 2012, 07:46:08 pm by Jonathan »
Illunga did indeed make a couple of appearances in and around the centre circle, but he has played the majority of his time here at left back and it would be misleading to suggest he was ever a replacement for Goulon.

As for Diatta, I was just reminding people that he existed.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on April 03, 2012, 07:50:00 pm by Wild Rover »

I spell the name the Arabic way, ????? ????

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 03, 2012, 07:54:53 pm by donnyroversfc »
Didn't we sign another centre midfielder too at one point? Tall black lad (not Goulon)? Cant remember his name.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 03, 2012, 09:05:13 pm by RedJ »
Quote from: \"Wild Rover\" post=231527

I spell the name the Arabic way, ????? ????

Why? he isn't Arabic?..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012