Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:39:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One Call Insurance  (Read 2937 times)

firestarter

• Forum Member
One Call Insurance
« on April 03, 2012, 11:32:12 am by firestarter »
I hope to God that these wont be sponsoring us next season as they are a complete and utter set of rob dogs and would be embarrassed to have their logo on our shirts.. i get the feeling i wont be the only one to have had a bad experience with them...rant over

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: One Call Insurance
« Reply #1 on April 03, 2012, 11:44:51 am by godlike1 »
It's for 3 seasons insn't it? I think we are into season 2 out of 3 hence the club saying we would have this curent strip for 2 seasons based on the stick we were giving them for changing it every season

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 03, 2012, 11:47:45 am by firestarter »
Oh god..sounds a bit like their insurance..once you are signed up ya cant get out....

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 03, 2012, 12:08:14 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
They threatened to take me to court when I got an (expensive) quote off them but went elsewhere for my insurance - this despite their offer for season ticket offer.

I basically laguhed at the snotty nosed young lad in the 'customer services' and asked to speak to his line manager...he responded by saying 'I dont have a manager...I manage myself' - I doubt he could 'manage' to tie a shoe lace and therefore wears velcro fastening shoes.

Clueless and an embarrassment to the Club by association.

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 03, 2012, 12:28:07 pm by firestarter »
Wish i had read the customer reviews on moneysupermarket.com before i took my policy out.. think i counted 4 good reviews amongst dozens and dozens of terrible ones. have yet to tackle the renewal hurdle..that should be fun!!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 03, 2012, 01:25:00 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=231420
Wish i had read the customer reviews on moneysupermarket.com before i took my policy out.. think i counted 4 good reviews amongst dozens and dozens of terrible ones. have yet to tackle the renewal hurdle..that should be fun!!

I had to cancel my credit card to ensure they took no payment after there initial insistence that a quote formed a binding contract!?! Then when they couldnt take payment they rang me and threatened legal action as I mentioned in my other post.

Therefore, if you paid you policy via credit card, I suggest you speak to you company and get it replaced citing someone unscrupulous may have your details, because I wouldnt put in past One Call to auto renew.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 03, 2012, 03:00:43 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Mansfield new stadium name one call insurance!

I have had very good dealings and were the best quote for my car insurance especially last year with my 20% ST discount off

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 03, 2012, 04:22:36 pm by deebee »
I suggest you try http://www.beatthatquote.com  they have always been unbeatable for me

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 03, 2012, 07:19:12 pm by firestarter »
Quote from: \"Norfolk N Chance\" post=231457
Mansfield new stadium name one call insurance!

I have had very good dealings and were the best quote for my car insurance especially last year with my 20% ST discount off

best quote = yes
best to deal with = NO...

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 03, 2012, 07:19:40 pm by firestarter »
cheers deebee...will give em a try

sean9805

« Reply #10 on April 04, 2012, 10:51:00 pm by sean9805 »
firestarter you said you had a problem with onecall saying you had a bad experience but not said what, you will sign a contract for X amount of time, once its finished if you are not happy you leave, all companies operate on autorenewal basis and in every terms or policy it will tell you how that works, so dont auto renwew, dont really see how you will have any hurdle

beatsthequote are a broker, they find you a deal, if you like it you then pay them to set it up, to be fair if someone is going to do that its pretty dumb, use there website if you really want  to find the best comapny, but then deal with them directly so you dont have to pay broker fees, oh and incidentally its run from a crappy little office in Doncaster of all places with about 10 staff

oh and finally thinwhiteduke no one could possibly take you to court for a quote, the person you spoke to must have been slightly simple or maybe you did actaully enter some contract, if you didnt then just ask them to send proof of how they think you did

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2012, 05:13:33 am by idler »
My boss is fuming at one call.
He tried to cancel his insurance and was told there was a charge.
When asking to speak to a line manager was told she was busy . He waited and waited and was then told she had nipped out.
He rang back the next day and was told the charge had gone up because it had run into another month.
He's still foaming now and it's still not sorted.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2012, 07:54:30 am by deebee »
Crappy little office or 10 people or not they still saved me £57 on my car insurance from everywhere else I tried direct or otherwise so there matey.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 05, 2012, 08:12:34 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"sean9805\" post=231652
firestarter you said you had a problem with onecall saying you had a bad experience but not said what, you will sign a contract for X amount of time, once its finished if you are not happy you leave, all companies operate on autorenewal basis and in every terms or policy it will tell you how that works, so dont auto renwew, dont really see how you will have any hurdle

Ermm....not corrcect actually. Admiral do not (Ive been with them 3 years), neither do Hastings (who my Dad was with) - there the only two I know of ddirectly but I suggest there are hundreds more.

Quote from: \"sean9805\" post=231652
oh and finally thinwhiteduke no one could possibly take you to court for a quote, the person you spoke to must have been slightly simple or maybe you did actaully enter some contract, if you didnt then just ask them to send proof of how they think you did

Well aware of that thanks...thats why I have made a fair assumption that based on the knowledge of said call centre member...and the fact his line manager was to much of a coward to come to the phone...that the whole organisation is run ny individuals comparable to monkeys.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 05, 2012, 08:18:58 am by Thinwhiteduke »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=231655
When asking to speak to a line manager was told she was busy . He waited and waited and was then told she had nipped out.
He rang back the next day and was told the charge had gone up because it had run into another month.

Sounds about right...the management are a bunch of cowards who refuse to come to the phone and dont return calls....but remember One Call have nice big shiny offices which obviously puts 'em one step ahead of their competitors ;)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 05, 2012, 08:27:41 am by DaveDRFC »
I'm with Admiral and (with me at least) they do auto renew unless you tell them not to. I always have to speak to them every year anyway as like all insurance companies they try to charge existing customers more for staying with them than if you get a quote as a new customer! But they always match (or go slightly below) that price when I ring them so can't complain. We have their multi-car insurance and it is so much cheaper than anyone else, Direct Line wanted more for just my car than Admiral charge for both.

In my experience, I don't pay much attention to online reviews of anything, as people only tend to report bad news. If everything is OK, which it tends to be in most cases, then people have no reason to write about it!

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 05, 2012, 02:21:38 pm by firestarter »
not even sure they have as many as 10 staff... irang the customer service number..eventually sorted out one problem. Josh then asked me to ring the renewals number to discuss my next problem.. i did so and who should answer,,, yup.. Josh!!...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 05, 2012, 02:34:12 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=231412
not even sure they have as many as 10 staff... irang the customer service number..eventually sorted out one problem. Josh then asked me to ring the renewals number to discuss my next problem.. i did so and who should answer,,, yup.. Josh!!..

There might be two employee`s called Josh, or the might do what those Asian call centres do and think of a name that comes into their head :thumbsup:

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 05, 2012, 03:11:47 pm by firestarter »
Believe me it was the same kid...he shit himself when he realised he was talking to me again.. am thinkin of sending dom and melinda round to film a new episode of rogue insurers!

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 05, 2012, 04:25:40 pm by deebee »
What really bugs me is they send you a letter at renewals time saying our panel of experts have found you the best quote which is always higher than last year even though your car is now worth less. So then you shop around and get a better price, You go back to your current insurer who then miraculously finds you a better price. SO they didn't give you the best price first did they, they gave you what they thought they could get away with. so for that reason I
change and they do not get my business.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 05, 2012, 10:26:48 pm by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"idler\" post=231655

Try being a young driver, everyone robs you, I did manage to get insured with 1st central.

It's £30 to make a payment that is not direct Debit per month.

If the direct debit fails on the scheduled day I get charged an extra £50.

They don't do business with AutoGlass, instead I have to use Auto Windshield and it will cost me £25 to fix a chip and £90 for a replacement screen AND my insurance company record it as a claim.

My basic insurance doesn't come with breakdown cover, protection against death cause by driving or a courtesy car, that is all optional for around £65 extra per month.

Oh, and my insurance is well over £3k, I would quote the exact figure but it makes me feel sick, especially when I'm driving a 14 year old fiesta...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 05, 2012, 10:53:04 pm by Filo »
Quote from: \"firestarter\" post=231686
not even sure they have as many as 10 staff... irang the customer service number..eventually sorted out one problem. Josh then asked me to ring the renewals number to discuss my next problem.. i did so and who should answer,,, yup.. Josh!!...

Are you sure you phoned \"One Call\" ;)

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 06, 2012, 06:55:27 am by deebee »
I think the 10 staff thing is refering to Beatthatquote

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 06, 2012, 11:01:11 am by firestarter »
find their advertising logo amusing \"one call does it all\".... surely it should be \"one call does feck all\"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012