Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 09:33:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Man Utd  (Read 3500 times)

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
Re: Man Utd
« Reply #30 on April 03, 2012, 07:26:35 pm by Thinwhiteduke »
The vast majority of non Man Utd fans love seeing them get beat, love to watch their abject failures in Europe season after season.

Whereas most would not mind seeing Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal lift the European Cup and would actually get behind them in a final....most, like others have said in this thread, would cheer for 'anyone but United'.

Speaks for itself.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 03, 2012, 07:44:11 pm by donnyroversfc »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=231515
The vast majority of non Man Utd fans love seeing them get beat, love to watch their abject failures in Europe season after season.

Whereas most would not mind seeing Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal lift the European Cup and would actually get behind them in a final....most, like others have said in this thread, would cheer for 'anyone but United'.

Speaks for itself.

In Europe i cheer for anyone playing the british sides (except if it was against Arsenal, Everton or Rovers).

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on April 03, 2012, 08:52:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"Thinwhiteduke\" post=231515

Speaks for itself.

What does it say about the British attitude to winners though, do we delight in 'knocking' them , pulling them down from their pedestals as we do with the likes of  Leeds, Chelski, Bindippers , The Arse in the past and any other individual sportsman that makes it to the top......Tiger Woods, Daley Thompson, Hamilton, Best, Boycott etc etc. Is it in our psyche ? If it is why and is it unique to British folk ? :unsure:

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 04, 2012, 05:30:53 am by Mr1Croft »
Quote from: \"donnyroversfc\" post=231492
Quote from: \"GM-MarkB\" post=231491
Don't ask me where it was, but it reminds me of that Man Utd fan who had had a massive tattoo of them done on his back.

His Missus said in one of the tabloids that her fella was \"a real diehard Man Utd fan...he never misses a game on Telly !!!\"

:facepalm:

Ahh but is he a fully paid up member of the 'RDSC'(Red Devils Supporters co-operative)?

There is 'technically' 2 IPS' (Industrial and Provident Society) for 'united' fans, the first one is MUST (Man United Supporters Trust), not many other teams actually call their IPS' Co-operative although the term is much more accurate than trust. The second is the non-league team known as FC United of Manchester, made up of Man U fans that would rather go and create their own football team and do everything the right way. But what is more effective? Fans lining Glazers' (or BskyB) pockets or refusing to pay a penney towards them and create your own football team that just raised £1.6 Million in community shares to build their new community ground.

So if there is any United fans that are members of FCUM they are more than showing loyalty to the cause 'Hate Glazer Love United' than paying over £500 a season to the man but sit there swinging a green and gold scarf...

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 04, 2012, 06:42:42 am by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231470
Quote from: \"Colin C No.3\" post=231449
Here's hoping they go on to lift the title. Been a supporter for years.

Who gives a s**t. I thought this was a Doncaster Rovers Forum?

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

Thought it might have been WBDRFC (bet your fingers were twitching over that keyboard fella!),
but you'll do nicely Wellred as I've always been a big fan of your.....yawn..posts. Get in that keep net whilst I lay in wait for your 'like minded' buddies!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 04, 2012, 06:54:45 am by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Colin C No.3\" post=231555

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

Thought it might have been WBDRFC (bet your fingers were twitching over that keyboard fella!),
but you'll do nicely Wellred as I've always been a big fan of your.....yawn..posts. Get in that keep net whilst I lay in wait for your 'like minded' buddies!

2,3 & 4 quickly follow! Dimples-D, Pole13, Southwestexile....you've been TANGO'd!!!

(And just to clarify, that doesn't mean you've won a trip to Blackpool, just means in life, sometimes you need to 'read between the lines'!)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 04, 2012, 07:19:18 am by The Red Baron »
I thought the OP was a wind-up and hence kept my head below the parapet. I can't say I like Man United, but I do have a sneaking admiration for them, and old Purple Nose.

When I was at school it was quite cool to profess a liking for Man United, not because they were any good (this was the 70s, when they were rubbish and even managed to get relegated) but to wind up the Weeds-loving glory hunters. Can't say I succumbed myself, but I do find it wryly amusing that United are now a magnet for glory hunters!

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 04, 2012, 08:19:01 am by southwestexile »
it's a fact that most kids at school support a big name team and it just depends who's winning at the time to the number of chelsea/liverpool/utd shirts.  Then half of the year group grow up and start to support their local team, leaving the rest pretending that they have a natural affinity to the glory team

my point is that the Premiership and European football (so called champions) just isn't that interesting full stop

the fact that united look like winning is credit to ferguson as the current utd side is pretty poor (would a good side have giggs and scholes still playing)

a measure of their ability is shown by how they were ripped apart in Europe

however, lets keep it about Donny

If you want Man Utd, move to Surrey!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 04, 2012, 09:52:22 am by Wellred »

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

You can call it a bite if you like but I still fail to see the relevance in posting it on a DONCASTER ROVERS forum?
Maybe you are a closet Man Utd fan? I neither know nor care.
I am Doncaster born and bred and have only ever supported one team. Through thick and thin I have been proud to support my HOME TOWN TEAM.
Why would I want to support some team from another town or city where I have absolutely no connection?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 04, 2012, 03:55:50 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231571

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

You can call it a bite if you like but I still fail to see the relevance in posting it on a DONCASTER ROVERS forum?
I am Doncaster born and bred and have only ever supported one team. Through thick and thin I have been proud to support my HOME TOWN TEAM.
Why would I want to support some team from another town or city where I have absolutely no connection?

Clearly 'it's' still gone way over your head fella. Now there's a surprise!

Some of the posters on here deserve their 'pants pulling down' & I've enjoyed the ride!

Thank gawd for the Red Barons of this world.

Now off to plot a route to Leicester from darkest Burnley to watch MY HOME TEAM battle for 3
points & hopefully come away with a result, before we take on Burnley (& the in laws!) at The Keepmoat. Keep the faith....& chill awhile Wellred, life's too short to play Mr Angry every day! :rtid:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 04, 2012, 04:08:25 pm by Wellred »
Quote from: \"Colin C No.3\" post=231605

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

Some of the posters on here deserve their 'pants pulling down' & I've enjoyed the ride!

Now off to plot a route to Leicester from darkest Burnley to watch MY HOME TEAM battle for 3
points & hopefully come away with a result, before we take on Burnley (& the in laws!) at The Keepmoat. Keep the faith....& chill awhile Wellred, life's too short to play Mr Angry every day! :rtid:

Why might you assume I am angry?

If I wanted to get angry then I am sure there are far more important things in life to get angry about than juvenile comments on a football forum!!!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 04, 2012, 04:12:44 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"Wellred\" post=231610
Quote from: \"Colin C No.3\" post=231605

YES!!! My 1st real bite!

Why might you assume I am angry?

If I wanted to get angry then I am sure there are far more important things in life to get angry about than juvenile comments on a football forum!!!

I rest my case!

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 04, 2012, 04:30:59 pm by donnyroversfc »
I'd let Owen and Berbatov go in the summer and sign Higuain from Madrid!! We could really do with signing Wesley Sneijder too because our midfield has been poor this season imo. Carrick is useless.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 04, 2012, 04:34:22 pm by River Don »
Quote from: \"southwestexile\" post=231563
it's a fact that most kids at school support a big name team and it just depends who's winning at the time to the number of chelsea/liverpool/utd shirts.  Then half of the year group grow up and start to support their local team, leaving the rest pretending that they have a natural affinity to the glory team

my point is that the Premiership and European football (so called champions) just isn't that interesting full stop

the fact that united look like winning is credit to ferguson as the current utd side is pretty poor (would a good side have giggs and scholes still playing)

a measure of their ability is shown by how they were ripped apart in Europe

however, lets keep it about Donny

If you want Man Utd, move to Surrey!

I have to admit, I'm bored of the Champions league.

Chelsea v Inter, barcelona v Milan, Man U v Real Madrid

And those same clubs playing each other for the honours over and over, year after year.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012