Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:10:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Am I the only one left  (Read 1553 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Am I the only one left
« on April 04, 2012, 08:07:51 am by deebee »
That believes we can still get out of this mess. I have to go to each came thinking we can win it otherwise why bother going? We still have to play both Portsmouth and Coventry and a result
against Leicester and Burnley could still give us a chance. So come on folks lets stay positive try to transmit this to the team on the pitch and give them a lift. As they say it ain't over till the fat bloke blows his whistle.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: Am I the only one left
« Reply #1 on April 04, 2012, 08:56:42 am by ditch_drfc »
Yeah you must be. I mean this with the utmost respect, but you must be deluded in some way to think we're going to stay up. It is mathematically possible, but let's face, we're not going to.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 04, 2012, 09:06:32 am by Chris Black come back »
We have won two games all year. In the last 12 months we have won seven games. We would have to win four games in the space of a month to have a chance of staying up. Under two different managers over a period of nearly 18 months we have manifestly failed to win at a rate anywhere near approaching what we need to do. The white flag has been run up and we are all left saluting it unfortunately.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 04, 2012, 09:16:59 am by eastender »
Sorry to say deebee but if results don't go our way , we could be as good as relegated by 5pm on monday.

We Play Leicester (away) Burnley (home) both very losable.

Coventry play  Peterborough (home) Bristol (away) both very winable.

If that were to happen we would  HAVE to win our last 4 games and hope Millwall don't pick up a point in there remaining 6 games and Coventry don't get a point in there last 4 games. (highly unlikely on all three fronts) :(

prawncocktail

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 04, 2012, 09:37:09 am by prawncocktail »
Quote from: \"deebee\" post=231560
That believes we can still get out of this mess. I have to go to each came thinking we can win it otherwise why bother going? We still have to play both Portsmouth and Coventry and a result
against Leicester and Burnley could still give us a chance. So come on folks lets stay positive try to transmit this to the team on the pitch and give them a lift. As they say it ain't over till the fat bloke blows his whistle.

Im with you-Its not over till its over. Four wins from 6 games unlikely maybe but not impossible. Come on you reds!!

:rtid:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 04, 2012, 09:43:59 am by DonnyNoel »
I was convinced we were staying up prior to the Derby game but after that and the Millwall game I really started to pull the stats and fixtures apart and have to admit I retain no optimism at all. Like someone above said, we need to win 4 from 6. Given our recent and more long term form thats a massive ask for a side playing poorly.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 04, 2012, 10:17:29 am by Chris Black come back »
On paper we have four games in Burnley, Portsmouth, Coventry and Ipswich which we are capable of winning. The truth is though that we have over the lifespan of two managers completely lost the winning mentality and whilst we are often in the game we never ever really look like winning a game. We are down. Nothing disloyal about admitting that, just a dose of realism given our total inability to put three points on the board. Root and branch changes needed I am afraid.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on April 04, 2012, 10:41:41 am by Sheepskin Stu »
The bookies have Rovers 1/16 for relegation but does anyone know what odds you would get on staying up?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 04, 2012, 11:32:05 am by RedJ »
Pretty much deebee. Kills me to say (although I'll still be here in League One at shit holes like Yeovil) but we may be paying Steve Evans a visit in a year's time.

donnyproletarian

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 04, 2012, 11:36:10 am by donnyproletarian »
YES

Quote from: \"deebee\" post=231560

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 04, 2012, 11:44:55 am by RedJ »
Either way..

LET'S GO f**kIN MENTAL
LET'S GO f**kIN MENTAL
NANANANA OOO
NANANANA OOO

:P

may as well have a laugh now until the end of the season eh lads and lasses?

Old Popsider

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 05, 2012, 11:40:09 am by Old Popsider »
The men in white coats will be round for your shortly, don't worry though, a bit of therapy will get you ready for life in Division 1.

Just arrange for anti- Crawley Evans jab in case we get near enough to be contaminated by Evan's foul outbursts.

:rtid:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 05, 2012, 11:51:12 am by Bristol Red Rover »
I'm as confident of us staying up now as I was about us beating Leeds at Wembley. We CAN do it :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012