Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:06:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL Trophy News  (Read 40175 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: EFL Trophy News
« Reply #30 on July 01, 2016, 11:46:46 am by ravenrover »
A question for all the people who are saying they will boycott, if the team we are drawn against is a L1 or L2 will you still boycott?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 01, 2016, 11:50:13 am by Dagenham Rover »
Just boycott games against these B teams that would probably hammer the point home more

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on July 01, 2016, 11:50:26 am by The Red Baron »
A question for all the people who are saying they will boycott, if the team we are drawn against is a L1 or L2 will you still boycott?

I think the general idea is to stay away from all matches in the competition. As I understand it we will play one B team and two FL sides in a four team group.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on July 01, 2016, 11:52:07 am by Dagenham Rover »
So attend the games against L1 2 teams and boycott the b team fixtures

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 01, 2016, 12:20:19 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I'm boycotting the lot

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on July 01, 2016, 12:25:02 pm by The Red Baron »
To be fair, I seldom go to these matches in the early stages of the competition. If we are being single minded about promotion then we may not get very far this season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on July 01, 2016, 12:30:28 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Isn't the idea to boycott the competition now it's been hijacked?       

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on July 01, 2016, 12:38:45 pm by The Red Baron »

That's how I see it.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on July 01, 2016, 12:42:52 pm by Muttley »
I'm boycotting all of them - both in protest at the Football League & Premier League for introducing it, but also to protest at DRFC for not voting against it.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on July 01, 2016, 01:04:25 pm by dknward2 »
Drfc didnt vote for or against as it had already secured enough votes to go though

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on July 01, 2016, 01:10:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
Going to be hard to disentangle a boycott from the already empty stadiums this competition produced. I would suggest other action is better. There will always be a hardcore go to game no matter what.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on July 01, 2016, 01:15:31 pm by Copps is Magic »
Bradford last season being a case in point. Someone shafted rovers fans over whether Bradford or Rovers and still 400 odd turned up.

Sad-Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on July 01, 2016, 05:44:21 pm by Sad-Rovers »
I'm boycotting all of them - both in protest at the Football League & Premier League for introducing it, but also to protest at DRFC for not voting against it.

My understanding is there was a show of hands for, which was enough to carry it. I believe Rovers didn't vote for but didn't have the opportunity to vote against, if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:25:53 pm by Sad-Rovers »

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on July 01, 2016, 06:01:26 pm by Muttley »
I wonder if the result would have been different if it had been a secret ballot. I would like to think that some of the patsys that voted yes might haven been a bit bolder with anonymity.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on July 01, 2016, 07:15:19 pm by bpoolrover »
They would prob do like in Spain where they cannot gain promotion and I think the next in league go up

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on July 06, 2016, 11:25:39 am by bobjimwilly »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on July 06, 2016, 12:02:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Not for me, has to be boycotted.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on July 06, 2016, 12:05:26 pm by Retdon1 »
So it's one rule for one and one rule for another in regards to which players u must select

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on July 06, 2016, 12:22:08 pm by Filo »
Another organisation that is not on the same wavelength of the majority

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on July 06, 2016, 12:30:13 pm by The Red Baron »
So it's one rule for one and one rule for another in regards to which players u must select

I agree, although the five first teamers rule probably works quite well for a club like us. It will mean we have scope to play youngsters like Marosi, Mandeville, Longbottom and Pugh without putting them alongside a load of under-18s.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on July 06, 2016, 03:52:47 pm by DannyRovers »
I hated the sound of it at first but after reading the full format I am coming round to it a little more. A trip to a 'invited clubs' first team stadium and the fact that its extra money from the 'invited clubs' gate receipts to league 1 & 2 makes it a bit better.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on July 06, 2016, 04:09:16 pm by wing commander »
     Did the supporters have any say in this at all,were the FSF even consulted about this...?? Maybe a question for SM to answer..He did say they had a meeting with them later this month but the rules have been ratified and released so is that just lip service to let the fans have a moan while smiling and understanding the concerns but in reality not giving a toss what we think...

It says that it helps to develop British youngsters although I wonder how many British players are in these development squads
     I cant believe that clubs voted for this,in 5 or 10 years time they could look back at this moment akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas....I certainly wont be attending any of them...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 04:12:05 pm by wing commander »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on July 06, 2016, 04:38:27 pm by RoversAlias »
I hated the sound of it at first but after reading the full format I am coming round to it a little more. A trip to a 'invited clubs' first team stadium and the fact that its extra money from the 'invited clubs' gate receipts to league 1 & 2 makes it a bit better.

Do you want to go to, say, Man City away to watch Rovers play the academy squad in an 80% empty stadium? I'd much rather go to grounds like that when they're going to be full, and it's going to be a proper, senior game of football. It isn't at all worth it in my opinion.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on July 06, 2016, 04:40:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »

I agree, although the five first teamers rule probably works quite well for a club like us. It will mean we have scope to play youngsters like Marosi, Mandeville, Longbottom and Pugh without putting them alongside a load of under-18s.
We can probably add Lund, Middleton, Etheridge, Wright and Garratt to the list who can benefit from extra experience, even if some may be first team starters

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on July 06, 2016, 05:13:05 pm by The Red Baron »
There is a rumour that Man United have pulled out so a replacement will have to be found.

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on July 06, 2016, 05:29:25 pm by Muttley »
There is a rumour that Man United have pulled out so a replacement will have to be found.

Also rumours that Liverpool are going to decline.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-likely-turn-down-11576325

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on July 06, 2016, 06:07:59 pm by The Red Baron »
And Chelsea, so I have heard.

The competition seems to be unravelling fast. Pity the FL didn't confirm the entries.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on July 06, 2016, 07:35:37 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Be fun if they all refused 😃

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on July 07, 2016, 04:12:31 am by Sammy Chung was King »
A fair few from all clubs will, 'Geoffrey it'!.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on July 07, 2016, 09:58:30 am by silent majority »
     Did the supporters have any say in this at all,were the FSF even consulted about this...?? Maybe a question for SM to answer..He did say they had a meeting with them later this month but the rules have been ratified and released so is that just lip service to let the fans have a moan while smiling and understanding the concerns but in reality not giving a toss what we think...

It says that it helps to develop British youngsters although I wonder how many British players are in these development squads
     I cant believe that clubs voted for this,in 5 or 10 years time they could look back at this moment akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas....I certainly wont be attending any of them...

I doubt anybody was consulted beforehand, even the clubs had it presented to them as a fait accompli. We meet with the FL regularly on a whole range of topics but this upcoming meeting is with the new Chairman and he's agreed to meet with representatives of clubs from up and down the country. I wouldn't call it lip service but I doubt we will influence this years trial, that seems to be going ahead with enough votes cast to warrant that. The meeting itself will be more interesting on the topic of the 'whole game solution' which will affect us even more. That for me is the real issue.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012