Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 04:10:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: One deal  (Read 16989 times)

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
Re: One deal
« Reply #60 on September 02, 2019, 05:14:44 pm by Michael Shaw »
Well, what an anticlimax today has turned out to be. No surprise there then!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on September 02, 2019, 05:14:51 pm by dickos1 »
Predictable defensive drivel from people  who’ve been telling everyone to be patient all summer.

The summer has been a disaster.

Mccann replaced the two full backs, and since then we’ve signed one player and a bunch of loan signings. That after losing 8 first team players from last season
Moore wanted players but the club couldn’t provide them

Embarrassing

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on September 02, 2019, 05:15:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Best league start in nearly 25 years...scored in every game...unbeaten...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on September 02, 2019, 05:16:03 pm by Chris Black come back »
Predictable defensive drivel from people  who’ve been telling everyone to be patient all summer.

Mccann replaced the two full backs, and since then we’ve signed one player and a bunch of loan signings. That after losing 8 first team players from last season

Embarrassing

Penultimate sentence of course totally made up.

What possible evidence that the club couldn’t provide them?!?!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on September 02, 2019, 05:16:58 pm by GazLaz »
Predictable suicide status from the usuals.... laughable. There’s no point bringing in olayrts if they’re not right or the deal cannot be done on sensible terms.

I’m keeping faith with those that actually have all the details and what’s going on, rather then the armchair managers on here.

I think the people voicing concern are more worried about the longer term picture rather than this season. You can’t expect (regular) success at a club like ours but seeing (our own) players develop and building up a bond with them over time is what it’s all about. I can’t feel that happening.

Having more loan players than you can have in a match day squad, unless some of them have been sent to us for free, is madness.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on September 02, 2019, 05:17:31 pm by IDM »

Embarrassing

Last statement pointless too..

Embarrassing.??

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on September 02, 2019, 05:17:42 pm by scawsby steve »
People are forgetting that we did sign a centre back on a permanent; Alex Baptiste. It's hardly DM's fault that he's had a serious injury.

A 33 year old free agent who played in 9 games last season.

So you're not happy with DM as manager? After all, it was him who signed Baptiste.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on September 02, 2019, 05:18:10 pm by silent majority »
The player probably demanded a hefty signing on fee, or similar.

Then we should have moved on to other targets. That would, of course, require a bit of pro-active thinking which, unfortunately, hasn't been evidenced much this transfer window.

How do you know it hasn’t?

Lack of a satisfactory outcome does not indicate a lack of effort..

How difficult is that to understand.?

What’s difficult to understand is other clubs seem to be able to make signings.

People are forgetting that we did sign a centre back on a permanent; Alex Baptiste. It's hardly DM's fault that he's had a serious injury.

Baptiste was signed as cover, but he's now injured. So having Daniels as temporary cover makes sense to me.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on September 02, 2019, 05:18:15 pm by since-1969 »
Don’t talk daft . 42 games to go and no recognised striker that we can call our own . DM is a fool if he thinks he can smooth this over . We play a decent team in Ipswich on Saturday and this will show what DM is really worth !!!

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on September 02, 2019, 05:20:47 pm by bobbymax »
Actually, we play Rotherham.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on September 02, 2019, 05:21:21 pm by 5 on Tour »
Don’t talk daft . 42 games to go and no recognised striker that we can call our own . DM is a fool if he thinks he can smooth this over . We play a decent team in Ipswich on Saturday and this will show what DM is really worth !!!

We play Rotherham on Saturday...

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on September 02, 2019, 05:25:02 pm by dickos1 »

Embarrassing

Embarrassing.??

It is embarrassing
The end of the season we lost most of our contracted first team players plus 3 important loan signings.

When mccann left, the squad was lightweight Moore even described it as a skeleton squad.

Yet two months on we have fewer contracted players than when he took over this skeleton squad

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on September 02, 2019, 05:25:22 pm by ChrisBx »
You know, if it wasn’t for the serious real problems they have to deal with, I would start a thread with contact details for the Samaritans.

Yes it is disappointing being a player or two short, and I would favour a proper no 9..

But bleating about it on here and saying something’s wrong at the club isn’t going to help us beat Rotherham on Saturday is it.?

It's a football forum. People will discuss and have opinions on football. Some of those opinions will inevitably be negative, particularly when transfer business is underwhelming.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on September 02, 2019, 05:25:47 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
As others have said i'm not concerned about this season no doubt the loan players are a talented bunch so if DM manages them well we can have a good year. What makes this a really poor window is that the spine of our team now isn't owned by our club. The money is clearly their in my opinion it's a lack of knowhow in the transfer window that's done us. Need to be more prepared next year.

The responsibility for transfers shouldn't sit with the manager even identifying players etc so many clubs have gone down the director of football route and they don't do for no reason.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on September 02, 2019, 05:26:12 pm by IDM »
And it’s 40 games to go..

Keep up.!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on September 02, 2019, 05:26:18 pm by Chris Black come back »

Embarrassing

Embarrassing.??

It is embarrassing
The end of the season we lost most of our contracted first team players plus 3 important loan signings.

When mccann left, the squad was lightweight Moore even described it as a skeleton squad.

Yet two months on we have fewer contracted players than when he took over this skeleton squad

You appear to have taken this deadline day quite badly.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on September 02, 2019, 05:26:29 pm by NickDRFC »
I have a theory about Moore, may be completely wide of the mark, but I reckon that at West Brom he wasn't particularly involved in transfers - most likely just identified the players and that was it, the next steps were taken by other staff (given they have a significantly bigger team). Whereas here he is more involved, and his inexperience could be hampering him.

I could be completely wrong, but we've never seemed to have so many problems "getting deals over the line" in previous seasons despite the same team at board level - is the manager an issue?

I think Moore has made a great start on the football side so don't want to criticise him but it's difficult to argue that the transfer strategy this summer has been disastrous. Where the fault lies for that I don't know, but it is something that really needs looking at and improving.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on September 02, 2019, 05:27:24 pm by IDM »

Embarrassing

Embarrassing.??

It is embarrassing

There is a difference between “disappointing” and “embarrassing”, isn’t there.?

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on September 02, 2019, 05:27:43 pm by PDX_Rover »
Predictable suicide status from the usuals.... laughable. There’s no point bringing in olayrts if they’re not right or the deal cannot be done on sensible terms.

I’m keeping faith with those that actually have all the details and what’s going on, rather then the armchair managers on here.

Well done

You have been mate.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on September 02, 2019, 05:28:52 pm by GazLaz »
I have a theory about Moore, may be completely wide of the mark, but I reckon that at West Brom he wasn't particularly involved in transfers - most likely just identified the players and that was it, the next steps were taken by other staff (given they have a significantly bigger team). Whereas here he is more involved, and his inexperience could be hampering him.

I could be completely wrong, but we've never seemed to have so many problems "getting deals over the line" in previous seasons despite the same team at board level - is the manager an issue?

I think Moore has made a great start on the football side so don't want to criticise him but it's difficult to argue that the transfer strategy this summer has been disastrous. Where the fault lies for that I don't know, but it is something that really needs looking at and improving.

Managers/coaches should have limited involvement in recruitment.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on September 02, 2019, 05:29:13 pm by Reesielad »
Next season, No players, no manager no money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on September 02, 2019, 05:29:42 pm by sha66y »
To all those melt-heads ....booooooooooo fricking hoooooooooooo

Ya didn’t get ya no9 so go get all teary-eyed have a few Swilly’s , and rip ya season tickets up in disgust....

Because you won’t be enjoying the ride until January so it seems...

I’m not a WUM, ....just a real fan that makes no demands, and accepts the entertainment I pay for, served up by the team I support ...

regardless of win,lose,draw....my teddies remain firmly embedded in the cot!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on September 02, 2019, 05:30:07 pm by keith79 »
Yer but he is saving his money for January

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on September 02, 2019, 05:30:17 pm by sha66y »
Next season, No players, no manager no money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No forum then.............

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on September 02, 2019, 05:30:23 pm by sedwardsdrfc »

Managers at big clubs don't even identify the players. The manager would say they type of player he wants and the recruitment guy does the hard work gets a list of 5 players and then the CEO sorts it out.

We had a head of recruitment under DF can't remember his name but is it a coincidence we signed the best set of permanent talent we've had for a while with that in place.

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on September 02, 2019, 05:30:28 pm by redarmy82 »

Well done

You have been mate.

Well done

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on September 02, 2019, 05:30:34 pm by IDM »
You know, if it wasn’t for the serious real problems they have to deal with, I would start a thread with contact details for the Samaritans.

Yes it is disappointing being a player or two short, and I would favour a proper no 9..

But bleating about it on here and saying something’s wrong at the club isn’t going to help us beat Rotherham on Saturday is it.?

It's a football forum. People will discuss and have opinions on football. Some of those opinions will inevitably be negative, particularly when transfer business is underwhelming.

Indeed and there is nowt wrong with being underwhelmed and discussing it..

There is a trend however for opinions to be voiced with a more extreme point of view and a readiness to blame some underlying problems which may or may not be there..

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on September 02, 2019, 05:31:08 pm by Chris Black come back »

Managers at big clubs don't even identify the players. The manager would say they type of player he wants and the recruitment guy does the hard work gets a list of 5 players and then the CEO sorts it out.

We had a head of recruitment under DF can't remember his name but is it a coincidence we signed the best set of permanent talent we've had for a while with that in place.

But otherwise sadly got relegated and played shit football.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on September 02, 2019, 05:32:34 pm by dickos1 »

Embarrassing

Embarrassing.??

It is embarrassing

You appear to have taken this deadline day quite badly.

Nothing really to take well

We’ve no striker on our books at the club, we’ve had an awful long time to sort one.
But have failed.

And because we haven’t got rid of enough of our successful contracted players from last season we’ve decided to get rid of another, and even though he’s under contract why don’t we pay that up so we can give him to a rival for free

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on September 02, 2019, 05:33:52 pm by steve@dcfd »

I have a theory DM gave  the name of players to CEO and chairman and they can’t deliver so he has do his best.
 DF was the last manager to bring in a majority of our players. Then they were let go by MCCann.
He also tried to sign young players to develop given them 2/3 contracts but they did not work yet that’s what people are saying what we should do.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012