Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 01:42:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Netto brigade  (Read 9298 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Netto brigade
« Reply #60 on February 02, 2022, 07:53:26 pm by Draytonian III »
I saw some where that was supposed to be march from the Frenchgate to the ground yesterday with pyros, banners etc at 5 pm ( it had to be then after they had their tea after getting home from school) does anyone know if this took place and if so were there many folks on it.
 If you go on Instagram there’s post from all over the world of clubs ultras and I think some of the younger element want that sort of thing at Donny. If you ever see these posts it just looks like a school trip that one of the bigger boys has bought 20 cans of Fosters

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 02, 2022, 07:57:41 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
tbh, any protests that have been and gone have been barely noticed. Embarrassing to say the least. At least do it properly if you are going to do it.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on February 02, 2022, 08:02:28 pm by Jonathan »
We demand improvement. We demand change. We intend to make it happen. These are just the little things and just the beginning, the board still have the summer left as the very very last resort to sort it.

Oh! In your opinion what are you going to do? Club you’re pocket money together to buy the club or do you have a hedge fund lurking in a cupboard at home? This isn't a board defending post by the way I’m genuinely curious because for all the bluster I haven’t heard one sensible alternative

You haven’t asked the right people then unfortunately.

Could you expand on the possible alternatives?

A chairman that possesses more passion to wanting to be at a football club and can build a connection with the fanbase.

A footballing CEO who’s ideas are more suited to modern day football who see’s that building the clubs revenue through progression and smart recruitment on the football pitch as the absolute number 1 priority.

Look, neither Blunt or Baldwin are nasty c*nts like those at Oldham. They clearly don’t want us to fail. But we are and they are the reasons why. They are dinosaurs to the game now, just look for instance this “mentor” b*llocks they think is in any way, shape or form as compatible as things like a DoF.

Their ideas are outdated. Just look at your progressive clubs now that were/are a similar size to us.

I spotted our fall early on and was “just a troll”. Since then it’s become more obvious to a continuously growing number… And not just “young kids” as people like to throw about, I’ve spoken to people in their 40/50/60’s who now see it. I’ve spoken to people who early on disagreed massively with mine and others views of things who are now on the same side of thinking.

How this club is ran was fine in the early 2000’s. It isn’t now. Drastic change is absolutely necessary.

To give some credit here, at least this is an effort to explain the perspective with a degree of balance, and it’s not as pathetic as what you see on social media and hear at games from brainless dimwits.

That’s not to say I agree. I don’t think it’s the role of the Chairman to build a bond with the fans. But could the owners do with presenting someone with more charisma and personality to engage with the fanbase publicly and sell their vision? Perhaps so. On the fan engagement front, I think Shaun Lockwood is excellent.

I think Gavin Baldwin does a brilliant job within his remit as CEO and receives a load of harsh and unwarranted criticism from people that don’t understand his role and what he’s delivering. But could the club do with some more footballing expertise to lead the strategic direction on the footballing side? Probably yes.

There have been some errors in judgment in recent years that have allowed this current situation to happen. But the question is can you trust the current regime to reflect on that and learn from it? The answer in my opinion is yes.

Change won’t happen overnight, but I feel we’ve had a decent transfer window and that GM has a vision for how he wants to take the club forward in the long term. It will take some pain in the short term, but we need to ride that out. I’ve seen the question asked as to whether we’ve improved since dispensing of Wellens. I’m one of the ones that actually thought Wellens was harshly treated given the circumstances. But I believe GM probably has more of the character traits that the owners will trust (and I understand that) and I honestly feel in time he’ll give us a team to feel proud of again. There were genuine signs of that already  beginning to show itself before last night’s abhorrent setback.

The truth is GM is still learning. Now that won’t wash with some and will fuel those that saw him as the cheap option, but it’s a fact he’s still learning and he’ll take a lot from the mistakes he’s owned last night. We’re not going to stay up anyway. So the painful part is seeing that learning process (amongst players and manager) play out in the coming months which invariably means we’ll see signs of hope (and I genuinely believe that) followed by stark reminders of why we’re bottom of the league.

We can all look at how we got here and some of the criticism is valid. But the main point is that the club can and will come back from this disappointing season. That’s because of the current owners, not in-spite of them or without them. The so-called Netto Brigade would be well served to think about what we do have here, not just what they want.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:05:18 pm by Jonathan »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on February 02, 2022, 08:04:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

The issue we have is not and never has been about what size budget we have.

Let’s get that straight right away.

So what's all this 'Netto' bullshit about then, if it's not about money?

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on February 02, 2022, 08:04:16 pm by TixTheBox »
I saw some where that was supposed to be march from the Frenchgate to the ground yesterday with pyros, banners etc at 5 pm ( it had to be then after they had their tea after getting home from school) does anyone know if this took place and if so were there many folks on it.
 If you go on Instagram there’s post from all over the world of clubs ultras and I think some of the younger element want that sort of thing at Donny. If you ever see these posts it just looks like a school trip that one of the bigger boys has bought 20 cans of Fosters

Nothing whatsoever to do with us “Netto lot”.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 02, 2022, 08:07:18 pm by Filo »

Must have been the Lidl ultras

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 02, 2022, 08:11:55 pm by TixTheBox »

Must have been the Lidl ultras

Not bad :lol:

We saw that post mentioning some march, had it shared in a chat. Not sure what or who it was because I don’t think it was a black bank march either.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 02, 2022, 08:13:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Not one of us involved in “Netto” have said Terry Bramall’s money isn’t good enough, neither has anything been aimed at him.

Does the forum get an answer?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 02, 2022, 08:21:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

From anybody?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 02, 2022, 08:32:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

From anybody?

TixTheBox has been watching this thread for at least twenty minutes but seems to have come over all shy about giving a straight answer.

He is Boris Johnson and I claim my £5.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 02, 2022, 08:33:51 pm by TixTheBox »

I made a long enough post earlier in the thread :)

For all the talk of Gavin Baldwin and the non-footballing revenue he brings that’s soon negated by a lowering of football revenue the further we drop. I’m also shocked that it sounds the only man capable of bringing in off field revenue is Gavin Baldwin… Does he take the stadium with him when he’s sacked?! :ohmy:

Is Gavin Baldwin involved in any strategy planning, footballing appointments (managers, creation of new roles etc) and similar decisions?

If he isn’t, we take it all back. If he is, then we are justified. The football side of the business is going backwards and THAT is ultimately what has the biggest impact on our revenue.

Transfer fee’s are ridiculous at Championship and Premier League level… THAT is far and away the biggest potential revenue stream to a football club like ours. If done properly the other numbers pale into absolute insignificance.

MK Dons sold their star player Matt O’Riley and replaced him days later with our former impressive loanee Matt Smith, on a permanent deal.

We sold our star player Ben Whiteman and replaced him with 29yo journeyman John Bostock.

There’s levels and we are well off it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 08:37:47 pm by TixTheBox »

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on February 02, 2022, 08:34:18 pm by TixTheBox »

From anybody?

TixTheBox has been watching this thread for at least twenty minutes but seems to have come over all shy about giving a straight answer.

You need to get out more, Glyn.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 02, 2022, 08:36:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

From anybody?

I would get out more if I'd find an answer from you there.

Go on, you were telling us about about getting things straight right away.

What is the use of Netto imagery all about then? What's it supposed to tell the people you're hoping to persuade?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 02, 2022, 08:40:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
And lo the ringleader appears.

Unlike an answer.

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 02, 2022, 08:49:28 pm by WarwickRover »
Perhaps another view is ..... we sold our star play Ben Whiteman ...... our club remained solvent thro unprecedented times .......... and replaced him with a 29yo journeyman (assuming I've got my timeline correct  :woohoo:)

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 02, 2022, 08:52:35 pm by TixTheBox »

From anybody?

What is the use of Netto imagery all about then? What's it supposed to tell the people you're hoping to persuade?

It’s about the cheapness of our club, which doesn’t have to mean budgets. Cheap decisions don’t have to fall purely down to money. Decisions with little thinking behind them are cheap. Same way as “talk is cheap”. Baldwin has numerous times made statements that aren’t backed up.

It is also about our club becoming a laughing stock, harking back to the days when your family shopping at Netto was the biggest embarrassment imaginable, your mates could dine on it for months.

It is also very f*cking catchy and grabbed your lots attention. Get used to it. It’s growing and staying until mistakes are acknowledge and drastic changes are made to halt our free fall and improve us. We want a modern, progressive club, not an out-dated regressive one.  You may be a a very apathetic fan, but we aren’t.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 02, 2022, 08:55:09 pm by normal rules »
I’ve not seen any of this Netto crèche. There were Netto stickers put on the mirrors in the toilets at mk dons though. Radical stuff. Kitsons.
I’d get the stewards to drag out any prick that turns up at the keepmoat with a yellow and black scarf alleging to be part of some protest group.
You either support the club, or you don’t. If you don’t, you are:
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 02, 2022, 08:58:15 pm by TixTheBox »
Perhaps another view is ..... we sold our star play Ben Whiteman ...... our club remained solvent thro unprecedented times .......... and replaced him with a 29yo journeyman (assuming I've got my timeline correct  :woohoo:)

We bigged the undisclosed fee up and didn’t think to put a small percentage of that into a replacement we could develop into another potential Ben Whiteman sale?

We sold our star striker John Marquis pre-pandemic and did the exact same.

We let genuine saleable assets contracts run down to lose them for nothing.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 02, 2022, 09:00:14 pm by roversdude »
I’ve not seen any of this Netto crèche. There were Netto stickers put on the mirrors in the toilets at mk dons though. Radical stuff. Kitsons.
I’d get the stewards to drag out any prick that turns up at the keepmoat with a yellow and black scarf alleging to be part of some protest group.
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

Yeah I probably need to apologise to MK it may have blocked the pipes where I ripped the stickers off before pi55ing on them

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 02, 2022, 09:01:25 pm by TixTheBox »
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

We do support the club, that’s why we demand better.

“Netto crèche” I can vouch for plenty of us that have followed us all over the country from even the conference days  :lol:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 02, 2022, 09:03:06 pm by roversdude »
And how would we have made Marquis stay short of relocating the stadium

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 02, 2022, 09:03:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

From anybody?

It’s about the cheapness of our club, which doesn’t have to mean budgets. Cheap decisions don’t have to fall purely down to money. Decisions with little thinking behind them are cheap. Same way as “talk is cheap”. Baldwin has numerous times made statements that aren’t backed up.

It is also about our club becoming a laughing stock, harking back to the days when your family shopping at Netto was the biggest embarrassment imaginable, your mates could dine on it for months.

It is also very f*cking catchy and grabbed your lots attention. Get used to it. It’s growing and staying until mistakes are acknowledge and drastic changes are made to halt our free fall and improve us. We want a modern, progressive club, not an out-dated regressive one.  You may be a a very apathetic fan, but we aren’t.

I was right, you are Boris Johnson.

Only Boris would have taken a lot quicker than over an hour to think that lot up.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:07:03 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on February 02, 2022, 09:03:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

“Netto crèche” I can vouch for plenty of us that have followed us all over the country from even the conference days  :lol:

You must be old. Netto hasn't existed for fifteen years.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 02, 2022, 09:05:06 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

Really? I don't know the 'Netto' lot from Adam but it's their club as much as yours and they have a right to do what the hell they like, within reason of course. If they don't think the club is being run properly and want to bring attention to this then fair play. They shouldn't be censured by folk who simply don't agree and have an archaic black and white view of what being a football fan is all about. Which is how i feel your post comes across.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 02, 2022, 09:05:10 pm by normal rules »
At a time when the team are not galvanised, the supporters should be.
This is not the team to cause division in the supporter group.
We have a lot to be thankful for. And a lot to look forward to.
A group of new players yet to prove themselves.
A chance to cause some upsets this season.
Another season of football next year. We’ve been in lge 2 before. It’s ok you know.
We will be back in higher leagues.
Three other teams will drop this season.
It’s all part of the rollercoaster that is drfc.

redandwhitearmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 02, 2022, 09:09:13 pm by redandwhitearmy »
Netto netto netto, Gavin Baldwin shops at netto… all our players are shite coz the board are so tight… Gavin Baldwin shops at netto….

Joking of course, people need to be grateful for what we do have,  I think this netto brigade are either very young or they have very short memories!!   I bet none of them carried the coffin years ago!!!!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 09:14:22 am by Forum Admin »

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on February 02, 2022, 09:09:19 pm by TixTheBox »
And how would we have made Marquis stay short of relocating the stadium

Who said anything about making him stay? That’s not the points being made :lol:

Selling players is important, it’s one of the things we need to do better. It’s just a disaster waiting to happen when you don’t replace these players adequately enough or with a short term rental.

We might make decent use of the stadiums revenue potential (the stadium isn’t disappearing) but we are f*cking shit as a football club.

TixTheBox

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 02, 2022, 09:10:34 pm by TixTheBox »
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

30. First home (and away) game aged 8.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on February 02, 2022, 09:17:15 pm by normal rules »
My nana who died a few years ago aged 91 bless her said of life “ you know f**k all till you are at least 40”
I believe she had a point.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 02, 2022, 09:19:45 pm by Filo »
1. Not needed.
2. Not welcome.
3. Not wanted.

30. First home (and away) game aged 8.

You should be thankful you had a club to support aged 8 years old, and here you are at 30 years old making demands like a petulant 8 year old

TinyPortal © 2005-2012