Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:35:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A famous victory  (Read 4076 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
Re: A famous victory
« Reply #60 on April 21, 2024, 08:33:09 am by StocksArmy »
Is there any way of watching that game again?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on April 21, 2024, 08:33:18 am by Donnywolf »
A propper " I was there" game. Sharing that with my Mum & Dad next to me, brother and neice in eyeshot in the East is bang up there with one my favourite moments I have witnessed at the Keepmoat/ Eco Power. Rowes cross to Biggins was like slow motion and when it hit the net I just cant remember the 60secs afterwards. My head had completely gone (without being one of those morons that ran onto the pitch). Send a rocket upto space cos its gonna take me a while to come down from here.

Me & the grandson today, his third game & he never asked how long before we go home today, he absolutely loved it, as did his grandad.

You don't look old enough Spud. I looked for you over car park but maybe better I didn't find you as you would have had another young un in tow

I'd gone back to 10 years old. :blush: :blush:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on April 21, 2024, 08:41:23 am by Donnywolf »
Fantastic game. At half time we were saying in the concourse - whole city comes out and usual fair. But I just had a feeling one goal, we could win this. The crowd were the 12th man. One of the best come backs since that semi with Crewe in the JPT. This is why we love love club. Our club our city!

10.000 home fans I reckon in a crowd of 10.251

Don’t think Barrow had more than 250

Brilliant to see so many there. That was about as loud as I have ever heard it when we got that 3rd goal. And what a goal
Biggins was like Martin Peters arriving from no where to bullet a deader into the net.

Bloody hell, a Martin Peters reference - take a bow

Yes , shades of 66 that was and as said elsewhere on here it seemed to happen in slow motion

Similar to Martin Peters as well but I definitely cheered more yesterday than 66 despite being just 15 back then and feeling 10 yo yesterday

Completely lost my street cred yesterday

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on April 21, 2024, 08:58:50 am by anton123 »
Is there any way of watching that game again?
Yes full match replay is available to iFollow members , if you pay for a months sub about £4 I think you can watch full game back

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on April 21, 2024, 09:30:32 am by Copps is Magic »
I've been doing some research into the roar after the Biggins goal and after a couple of hundred listens (for statistical significance purposes like) I can confirm its the loudest we've heard at that ground.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on April 21, 2024, 09:49:04 am by LincsRover »
I can’t match the wonderful posts on this thread but I can’t help but throw in my garbled thoughts on this amazing day.

My wife joined me for the 4-hour journey to the game today for only her second game of the season. Her first was the disastrous 0-5 humiliation against Morecambe.

Mrs Pancho’s Mum passed away last Saturday.
We’ve had an awful week.

I got my wife a ticket last week and encouraged her to come along and forget her sorrows for a day.

At half time we were quiet and she was saying she’d brought us bad luck after our amazing run.

Then came the second half. Possibly the most incredible second half I have experienced in my 55 years supporting the Rovers.

With Mrs Pancho to my left and my beloved brother to my right, we just went completely bonkers as each of those 4 goals went in.
The atmosphere for those last 30 minutes was nothing short of incredible.

This amazing club of mine are such a vital and important part of my life. Today, those heroic players have turned our family’s grief into utter joy.

I could never support another club and I will never forget today.

Honestly, it’s those bloody onions I’ve just peeled & chopped up, I’ll be fine in a minute!! Sorry for your loss Pancho, great words.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on April 21, 2024, 10:17:45 am by Scooter »
I can’t match the wonderful posts on this thread but I can’t help but throw in my garbled thoughts on this amazing day.

My wife joined me for the 4-hour journey to the game today for only her second game of the season. Her first was the disastrous 0-5 humiliation against Morecambe.

Mrs Pancho’s Mum passed away last Saturday.
We’ve had an awful week.

I got my wife a ticket last week and encouraged her to come along and forget her sorrows for a day.

At half time we were quiet and she was saying she’d brought us bad luck after our amazing run.

Then came the second half. Possibly the most incredible second half I have experienced in my 55 years supporting the Rovers.

With Mrs Pancho to my left and my beloved brother to my right, we just went completely bonkers as each of those 4 goals went in.
The atmosphere for those last 30 minutes was nothing short of incredible.

This amazing club of mine are such a vital and important part of my life. Today, those heroic players have turned our family’s grief into utter joy.

I could never support another club and I will never forget today.

What a wonderful post Pancho. My condolences for your loss

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on April 21, 2024, 10:44:12 am by Bills view »
Welling up again reading all of this.

What a weekend.

Dougiebulletheader

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on April 21, 2024, 10:58:18 am by Dougiebulletheader »
Still Buzzing this morning. Keepmoat was bouncing yesterday. My son was beside himself, best game ever he said[hard to impress a 16 year old lad].
Sorry for your loss Pancho hope yesterday gave your a break.

LakesideOwl

« Reply #69 on April 21, 2024, 12:48:04 pm by LakesideOwl »
Really enjoyed my first visit to the eco power stadium today.

Great noise in the second half and an enjoyable day all round.

I’ll be taking a few more games in next season.

Glad you enjoyed it, mate. Yesterday reminded me why I love football. Absolute pandemonium.

I know a fair few Wednesday fans that respect Donny and wish them well, particularly during this run.

Another three points down at Colchester please!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on April 21, 2024, 08:36:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
Sorry for your loss Pancho.

Owl in peace

« Reply #71 on April 21, 2024, 08:51:36 pm by Owl in peace »

Glad you enjoyed it, mate. Yesterday reminded me why I love football. Absolute pandemonium.

I know a fair few Wednesday fans that respect Donny and wish them well, particularly during this run.

Thanks mate.

Found myself getting really involved referring to Donny as us and we  :lol: ;)

I may purchase a 5 game match package for next season just to start off with.

It’s got a brilliant community feel about the place

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on April 21, 2024, 10:15:12 pm by donnybez »
Anyone else feel that this game was like that away game vs Mansfield in 2003/04?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on April 25, 2024, 06:34:13 pm by Donnywolf »
A propper " I was there" game. Sharing that with my Mum & Dad next to me, brother and neice in eyeshot in the East is bang up there with one my favourite moments I have witnessed at the Keepmoat/ Eco Power. Rowes cross to Biggins was like slow motion and when it hit the net I just cant remember the 60secs afterwards. My head had completely gone (without being one of those morons that ran onto the pitch). Send a rocket upto space cos its gonna take me a while to come down from here.

Me & the grandson today, his third game & he never asked how long before we go home today, he absolutely loved it, as did his grandad.

You don't look old enough Spud. I looked for you over car park but maybe better I didn't find you as you would have had another young un in tow

Mind you I remember you got in at Luton with an over 70s ticket a few Seasons back

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on April 25, 2024, 06:38:57 pm by Herman Hessian »
I've been doing some research into the roar after the Biggins goal and after a couple of hundred listens (for statistical significance purposes like) I can confirm its the loudest we've heard at that ground.

if you turn up the volume of the device on which you are listening, it gets even louder - same if you leave the volume alone but stand closer to the speakers; putting your fingers (or those belonging to someone else) in your ears has the opposite effect...

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on April 25, 2024, 06:47:05 pm by graingrover »
Just picked this up Pancho and I reiterate my sincere commiserations to Karen , Brian , Kevin and you and your girls .

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on April 25, 2024, 07:03:38 pm by RoversInSpain »

Thank you for coming along, and so glad you enjoyed the whole day.
Your wish of three points at CUFC has been granted, another four in the onion bag
Please come along again we appreciate your support.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 07:56:23 am by RoversInSpain »

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on April 25, 2024, 07:57:57 pm by Spud »

Mind you I remember you got in at Luton with an over 70s ticket a few Seasons back

I've also got in on a junior season card this season, just to see if I could :-D

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on April 26, 2024, 11:42:09 am by Pancho Regan »
Just picked this up Pancho and I reiterate my sincere commiserations to Karen , Brian , Kevin and you and your girls .

Many thanks Bri

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on April 26, 2024, 12:08:03 pm by moses »
Still Buzzing this morning. Keepmoat was bouncing yesterday. My son was beside himself, best game ever he said[hard to impress a 16 year old lad].
Sorry for your loss Pancho hope yesterday gave your a break.

My 16 year old said the same, he hugged me when the third went in. It was his best moment as a Rovers fan and as few folks have said about their lives, I have banked it in the shared experiences memory box.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012