Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 08:51:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Substitutions  (Read 1925 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Substitutions
« Reply #30 on April 20, 2024, 08:42:22 pm by ravenrover »
We did a lot of side to side 1st half. 2 half chances in the 1st 5 mins  with players getting in behind. They snuffed that out and apart from Molies shot can't remember another chance. 2nd half we got the runners in behind and caused them problems.
Subs were inspirational sh!t or bust and it paid off

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 20, 2024, 08:54:06 pm by danumdon »
Me and the lad both thought that the substitutions were a bit early after the penalty, thinking we had some momentum, what the f*uck do we know!

Proper balls of steel decision from a proper manager.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 20, 2024, 09:09:31 pm by ncRover »
Also a word for Olowu who didn't let Acquah bully him. So many times we've been done over by big lumps like him. Yes he scored but at no point was he dominating Olowu on 1:1.

Acquah was built like an NFL linebacker! Good work Joe
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 09:13:45 pm by ncRover »

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 20, 2024, 09:22:59 pm by Pliskin »
A bold decision by McCann to take both full backs off in the second half. It was 'throw the kitchen sink at it' time, and he must've thought it was worth sacrificing the full backs in order to get more players in forward positions.

It paid off nicely. We started to get a lot more joy in and around the box after that.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2024, 09:40:06 pm by Pancho Regan »
As posted by Campsall, I was amazed (and a bit concerned) when GM took off both full backs. Just shows what I know.

The substitutions and the total change in formation literally was a game-changing decision.
Utterly brilliant tactical nous by GM and Cliff. I saw Grant shout “CLIFF!” and the pair of them get their heads together before the substitutions were made.

The gamble paid off big-time.

We have a very special manager.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2024, 09:45:09 pm by Canadian Rover »
When he started to make the substitutions I was honestly thinking... What's he doing? But at the same time I was thinking I have complete and utter faith in the manager and I know he's going for it!! Even if it went wrong I wouldn't have looked to "blame" the manager we all know we have a class act with him and Cliff and long may it continue!!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2024, 10:48:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Utter bravery from the manager and the players for implementing it. It was going to take something to rattle Barrow while risking being picked off but it just shows these lads have got bottle.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 21, 2024, 05:27:21 am by andyst79 »
Westbrooke is a good player but he slows us down. Maybe as a plan b if we need to keep possession but our game now is all about getting ball forward quickly. Very quickly.
The no 10 role doesn't suit him, never thought I'd say this but we miss Biggins in that role until he came on. To me it's one of those where a lot of the things Biggins does in that role go mainly unnoticed and it's only when he's not playing you think we're missing something here

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 21, 2024, 08:35:56 am by NickDRFC »
Biggins still does some terrible things as he’s just not that good a footballer - misplaced some easy passes and there was a cross into the box that he didn’t even get off the ground - but he has been a very important part of our run with his energy, tenacity and ability to get into the box. We looked a much better side with him supporting yesterday.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 21, 2024, 06:56:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Tom Anderson was fantastic for 30 mins, Man of the match for me. Won every header in injury time when it came into the box.

He was sweeping forward, closing down the keeper, he’s been bang average for last two years

Tom was like a man possessed, brilliant performance from both he & Tommy Rowe. The marauding Maldini as Grant called Tom.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on April 21, 2024, 07:03:29 pm by Pancho Regan »
Tom Anderson was fantastic for 30 mins, Man of the match for me. Won every header in injury time when it came into the box.

He was sweeping forward, closing down the keeper, he’s been bang average for last two years

Tom was like a man possessed, brilliant performance from both he & Tommy Rowe. The marauding Maldini as Grant called Tom.

I couldn’t believe the way Tom played after he came on. He was like a man possessed!
It was like he was on a one-man mission to do everything in his power to turn that game around and get the win.

The whole course of the game changed after those substitutions.
I’ve never witnessed anything like it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012