Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:29:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barrow manager  (Read 3695 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Barrow manager
« Reply #1 on April 20, 2024, 10:20:48 pm by PDX_Rover »
I can see them making a huge deal of the keeper apparently getting “beaten up.” Sounds a tad over dramatic to me.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 20, 2024, 10:25:23 pm by adamtherover »
I don't recall the keeper getting treatment before the restart? Did I miss it?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 20, 2024, 10:32:51 pm by Nudga »
A friend of mine filmed it on her phone, the goalkeeper did not get assaulted but he threw a young fan to the floor.
The keeper could and should have stayed out of the way but he decided to walk in the middle of it all.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 20, 2024, 10:34:53 pm by Alan Southstand »
Tel her not to delete it, Nudga, the Club may need proof later.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on April 20, 2024, 10:35:09 pm by Dagenham Rover »
A friend of mine filmed it on her phone, the goalkeeper did not get assaulted but he threw a young fan to the floor.
The keeper could and should have stayed out of the way but he decided to walk in the middle of it all.

Make sure it's sent to the club

DollyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 20, 2024, 10:49:42 pm by DollyRover »
I've just noticed that I caught the incident with the barrow keeper on video, can see the fella involved as clear as day. Anyone know the best way to get this too the right person at the club?

Nudga

• Forum Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 20, 2024, 10:58:58 pm by Filo »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 20, 2024, 11:03:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Another angle keeper not assaulted

https://x.com/weekdaybargee/status/1781743455686828211?s=61&t=DCRm1C_BBr5pt7J45jXUsA

Good video that. I like how the big finger comes on pointing out the absolute f**king bellends who went on the pitch.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 21, 2024, 12:02:21 am by The Beast »
Their keeper was an absolute bell end on multiple occasions!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 21, 2024, 12:08:23 am by Sprotyrover »
There must have been 50 Stewards on the South stand wall can’t criticise the club for under staffing the game!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 21, 2024, 12:12:59 am by Sprotyrover »
Those Stewards were all  Black and ‘handy’ was it some special company we hired in, not normal run of the mill . Which again goes in the clubs favour, there must have been at least 50 of them on that South stand Wall. It not like we hired 3 blind old Biddies!

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 21, 2024, 02:04:46 am by les@donr »
Maybe-bouncers from clubs and pubs.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on April 21, 2024, 05:12:40 am by glosterred »
I’ve said it before those “fans” that ran on the pitch are all f**kING IDIOTS, whether the keeper was assaulted or not the f**kING IDIOTS shouldn’t have been on the pitch in the first place. I hope that in the coming days there are lots of banning orders issued.

COYR

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 21, 2024, 06:59:45 am by colincramb »
Bottom line is we’ve got some absolute weapons that follow our club. Trouble outside the west stand as well at full time near their coaches. Proper nobs that spoilt the day for everyone else

Park Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 21, 2024, 07:42:24 am by Park Rover »
The only reason their bench ran onto the pitch was because they obviously know what their keeper is like, clearly an hot head. Watched him throughout the game, He clearly deliberately kicked the ball at Ironsides when he just stood near him, then panicked and scrambled to collect the ball: when Ironsides was waiting to take the penalty, he was in his face and refused to go on the line, when you watch the clip he walks in to the fans from a safe place and body slams the fan to the floor ( not defending the fans who ran onto the pitch at all) This was a clear assault by the keeper and that fan should complain to the Police, Their manager is trying to deflect from their keepers actions: if this was investigated by the FA/Police, wouldn’t it be a shame if the Keeper was banned for the play offs !

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 21, 2024, 07:54:08 am by ncRover »
I thought Wild was meant to be league two’s managerial genius? Perhaps he should be focusing on his poor game management and tactical decisions instead of this.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 21, 2024, 08:25:47 am by Donnywolf »
I was waiting for "Manager of the Month you're avin a laff"

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 21, 2024, 08:28:14 am by mushRTID »
Anyone see any of his lame fist pumps?

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 21, 2024, 08:32:21 am by Spilsby Red »
If there keeper had been attacked like there manager said, why didn’t he take his players of the pitch.

I think the the club need to be pro-active here to show the EFL they condone what our idiot fans did by going on the pitch. Each and everyone should be identified, and banned from all our games.
That would send a strong message.
Yes we need all fans but not these mindless few that could cause the club trouble.

There player that launched the ball into the south stand should be identified and charged too.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 21, 2024, 08:36:29 am by Campsall rover »
Talking of Manager of the Month, what happened to March manager of the month. Not heard anything.
Who won it?

Just googled it and it was Pete Wild at Barrow. Quite ironic after yesterday.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 08:39:40 am by Campsall rover »

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 21, 2024, 08:43:39 am by Cramby10 »
We shouldn’t even be having to have this discussion if those moronic bast**ds could understand the announcer and behave themselves. I mean, what’s the f**king point. Run on the pitch in a random direction and run around like an aimless ant waving your hands around then clear off. Do the players want you on there? No! Does the manager? No. Do we wanna see you f**kwits? Definitely not. We want to see the players celebrate.
If these asswipes end up costing us then they need outing, banning and flogging in the stadium car park!
Sorry for the rant.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 21, 2024, 08:44:39 am by StocksArmy »
Idiots hurling abuse at the Barrow fans coaches leaving the stadium. I just don't see why people can't just show a bit of class and enjoy what the team created on the pitch. You can spot a kn0b a mile off just from how they dress. Really do hope these sort of clowns are identified, they are not wanted or welcome.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 21, 2024, 08:47:52 am by RobTheRover »
Pete comes across as a desperate man. Interesting that the debate in that recording goes into whether he should remain as manager

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on April 21, 2024, 08:58:58 am by donny dave »
Who was the idiot carrying his child on his shoulders.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 21, 2024, 10:18:48 am by Northants Nomad »
Talking of Manager of the Month, what happened to March manager of the month. Not heard anything.
Who won it?

Yes, won March Mgr of the Month award.
In April:
Lost to Morecambe
Lost to Swindon
Lost to Gillingham
Drew with Crawley
Lost to Doncaster.

He's probably not winning it for April!  That's one heck of a curse!!

duggiesmyhero

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 21, 2024, 11:20:52 am by duggiesmyhero »
Some people on here need to get a grip, I'm not condoning fans on the pitch but it's not the 1st time and won't be the last.  It wasn't just as some call them young f£#chits on the pitch it was adults with kids also, caught up in the emotion of the moment. There was NO assault on their keeper, no player was assaulted and yes I know its illegal but its not the crime of the century so for some people to call for public flogging and banning orders is a bit OTT. And before anyone one says I'm the one out of touch I'm a 56yr old been watching the Rovers since 81 so I've seen plenty of pitch invasions some in celebration and back in the day some not so nice ones. Will be at Gillingham nxt week cheering the boys on to the playoffs

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 21, 2024, 11:40:44 am by Cramby10 »
Some people on here need to get a grip, I'm not condoning fans on the pitch but it's not the 1st time and won't be the last.  It wasn't just as some call them young f£#chits on the pitch it was adults with kids also, caught up in the emotion of the moment. There was NO assault on their keeper, no player was assaulted and yes I know its illegal but its not the crime of the century so for some people to call for public flogging and banning orders is a bit OTT. And before anyone one says I'm the one out of touch I'm a 56yr old been watching the Rovers since 81 so I've seen plenty of pitch invasions some in celebration and back in the day some not so nice ones. Will be at Gillingham nxt week cheering the boys on to the playoffs
you wouldn’t be saying that if we got docked points!! They’re f**king arseholes. End of.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 21, 2024, 11:46:02 am by Campsall rover »
Who won it?

Yes, won March Mgr of the Month award.
In April:
Lost to Morecambe
Lost to Swindon
Lost to Gillingham
Drew with Crawley
Lost to Doncaster.

He's probably not winning it for April!  That's one heck of a curse!!
I didn’t realise they had got so many points in March. Did not even look at Pete Wild as a candidate.
Thought it was between Challinor at Stockport & GM

TinyPortal © 2005-2012