Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 11:50:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 888928 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4170 on May 23, 2020, 02:26:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4171 on May 23, 2020, 02:27:59 pm by IDM »
Hang on..

Wasn’t the guideline/rule for self isolation that if you had symptoms and lived alone, self isolate for 7 days.  If you live with others, it’s 14 days for the whole household and the one who has symptoms distances themselves as much as possible.?

So if mrs Cummings had symptoms but wasn’t tested, they all self isolate and DC looks after the child.?

In that Spectator report, it tells us that she looked after the child whilst DC was ill in bed..

As someone else said, people with no symptoms can’t go to visit other family with no symptoms, but it is ok for someone where a household member has symptoms to go visit elderly people.?

Were DC and his wife ill at the same time.?

So, by their reckoning if any of us BELIEVES we might catch the virus, it’s OK to move ourselves around the country to relatives to ensure we have childcare.?

Don’t these folks realise that they have to set an example for f**ks sake.?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4172 on May 23, 2020, 02:56:12 pm by IDM »
And the thing which makes my piss boil even more - Cummings is now saying he doesn’t care what it looks like.!!

Doesn’t care.?  He’s about as high profile as it gets, being adviser to the PM.!! Of course it f**king matters what it looks like.!! What a stupid Kitson.!!

He’s not been elected to office, nor do I believe he is a civil servant.  Who pays for him - the Tories or us the taxpayers.?

If he has actually exploited a loophole which none of us knew existed, what else is there that we can actually still do under the lockdown.?  What other rules aren’t actually rules at all.?

And there was me thinking the advice we get is supposed to be clear.

He can just f**k off now as far as I am concerned..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4173 on May 23, 2020, 03:13:19 pm by Filo »
Grant Shapps to be the man to avoid answering questions today

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4174 on May 23, 2020, 03:29:34 pm by wilts rover »
If only there had been some government guidelines around at the time to say exactly what 'Stay Home, Save Lives & Protect the NHS' meant:

'Leaving your home to stay at another home is not allowed'

https://twitter.com/BarristerSecret/status/1264177980638662657

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4175 on May 23, 2020, 04:02:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Grant Shapps to be the man to avoid answering questions today

Oh that's great then. We have a model of honesty, probity and integrity. No possibility of bullshit from him.

Shapps would never set up a Get Rich Quick scam scheme under a pseudonym, keep it running while he was an MP without declaring it, insist publicly that he wasn't the person running the scam,  instruct a solicitor to send a bully letter threatening a libel action case against a constituent who smoked him out, then back down, saying he was "over-firm with his denial" that the scam scheme wasn't his.

Lucky that, really isn't it, otherwise we might not have been able to trust a word he said this afternoon.

Jesus f**k wept, it's like being governed by an evil version of the Trotter family. Duckers and f**king divers, the lot of them.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #4176 on May 23, 2020, 04:07:27 pm by i_ateallthepies »
There's a curious absence of tory apologists on here today.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4177 on May 23, 2020, 04:08:20 pm by bpoolrover »
I personally think Dominick Cummings is a knob but in saying that you have to do what is best for your child, most people if they thought they would not be able to look after there child properly or safely would do the same thing

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4178 on May 23, 2020, 04:08:48 pm by IDM »
He’s going on about Dr Beeching now.. I know he is the transport minister, but there is one big f**king huge embarrassing story waiting.

He’s talking about new train lines - how does that help coronavirus when we are not supposed to use them now unless essential.

He’s using this as a briefing on transport issues, not pandemic control measures.

What the f**k.??

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4179 on May 23, 2020, 04:09:23 pm by bpoolrover »
There's a curious absence of tory apologists on here today.maybe people have to work or have other stuff to do?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4180 on May 23, 2020, 04:12:54 pm by selby »
  Hound yes it backs up what happened previously, and on subject, the lefty losers want rid of Cummings because he has run rings around them twice, and will now do it again, I can't understand them, don't they know who is running the country and they are irrelevant probably until 2029.
  Add that to the last four years of hurt and it must be a B*****D for them.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4181 on May 23, 2020, 04:13:13 pm by IDM »
I personally think Dominick Cummings is a knob but in saying that you have to do what is best for your child, most people if they thought they would not be able to look after there child properly or safely would do the same thing

That’s the point, other folks who are parents too, haven’t been doing this.. they have been sacrificing time they would spend with their kids.

Of course anyone would want to do what’s best for their child, but does that justify breaking the rules.?  If it does for Cummings, then why not for everyone else.?  What other rules can be twisted because we think it is better for our kids.?

What sort of message do you think this episode sends out.?

Using the child care issue is emotional blackmail, because they’ve been caught out.

Why is Cummings’ child any more important than anyone else’s.?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4182 on May 23, 2020, 04:15:31 pm by bpoolrover »
It’s common sense if you can’t look after your child properly take them to someone who can, I can’t think of one person who wouldn’t do that, I was lucky that I have older children in the house so they looked after our 7 year old, but if that was not the case I would have done anything it took to keep him safe

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4183 on May 23, 2020, 04:18:06 pm by IDM »
  Hound yes it backs up what happened previously, and on subject, the lefty losers want rid of Cummings because he has run rings around them twice, and will now do it again, I can't understand them, don't they know who is running the country and they are irrelevant probably until 2029.
  Add that to the last four years of hurt and it must be a B*****D for them.

So by deduction, in your opinion, Cummings can do whatever the f**k he wants, bending any rules he wants which the rest of us are following, but it’s on for him not to..

But if anyone dare bring him to task they are “lefty losers”

If you can’t engage in debate with folks who’s opinion is different to yours, resorting to calling them losers isn’t going to help you.

Grow up.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4184 on May 23, 2020, 04:19:35 pm by bpoolrover »
I think if anyone takes there political head off they will say he did what he needed and exactly what they would do?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4185 on May 23, 2020, 04:20:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Fine.

Then why not have a family member come and pick the bairn up, instead of relocating the entire family?

And does that now mean that EVERYONE can decide to relocate if they think there is a danger that they might catch CV-19?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4186 on May 23, 2020, 04:21:01 pm by IDM »
It’s common sense if you can’t look after your child properly take them to someone who can, I can’t think of one person who wouldn’t do that, I was lucky that I have older children in the house so they looked after our 7 year old, but if that was not the case I would have done anything it took to keep him safe

Or someone comes to you.?

Do you would break the law or bend the rules.?

And go read his wife’s article from the Spectator - she was clearly looking after the child.

They travelled up north to be at his mum’s birthday celebrations and they have been caught out.  Using their child as an excuse when clearly his wife in her own column suggests they were managing ok.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4187 on May 23, 2020, 04:21:45 pm by IDM »
I think if anyone takes there political head off they will say he did what he needed and exactly what they would do?

No, I don’t think they would.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4188 on May 23, 2020, 04:21:51 pm by bpoolrover »
Not if they think there is a danger but if one person has it or has it if the symptoms and will struggle to look after a young child then yes, I agree  if possible someone would have been best off picking the child up

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4189 on May 23, 2020, 04:22:30 pm by bpoolrover »

what would you do if you had a 4 year old and wouldn’t be able to look after him/her

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4190 on May 23, 2020, 04:22:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And his wife is on record as saying she was looking after Cummings while he was ill. So why could she not also look after the bairn?

Just out of interest Bpool, is there ANYTHING this Govt could do that would make you criticise them?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4191 on May 23, 2020, 04:23:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

what would you do if you had a 4 year old and wouldn’t be able to look after him/her

I've said precisely what I'd do. Have a friend or family member come and take them for a while.

Very simple.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4192 on May 23, 2020, 04:24:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

If its what people need to do, why was he telling the entire country to do the exact opposite of what he did himself?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4193 on May 23, 2020, 04:24:33 pm by IDM »
That’s not the point, they could look after the cold as is proven on the Spectator column.

You would have one of your relatives come to you if necessary.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4194 on May 23, 2020, 04:24:45 pm by bpoolrover »
it’s not about the goverment it’s about a child but seemingly you scoring points is worth more than that child

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4195 on May 23, 2020, 04:25:15 pm by bpoolrover »
That’s not the point, they could look after the cold as is proven on the Spectator column.

what come and stay in your house?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4196 on May 23, 2020, 04:26:38 pm by IDM »
Or take the child away.. you are trying to twist away from what Cummings has done.

He’s broken the rules/guidance - period.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4197 on May 23, 2020, 04:27:32 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Go on then, please explain what makes going to their house different to them coming to yours.

I can't wait for the answer to that one.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4198 on May 23, 2020, 04:27:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No. Come and take the child to stay with them.

What Cummings did was to drive his entire family 250 miles, for the kid to stay with relatives.

At least that's the official line. In fact, he was rumbled because a neighbour saw him dancing with the bairn in the garden. So it looks like the kid wasn't actually being looked after by the relatives.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4199 on May 23, 2020, 04:28:10 pm by IDM »
it’s not about the goverment it’s about a child but seemingly you scoring points is worth more than that child

No, it’s about Cummings, not the government.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012