Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 12:14:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Boys team representing DRFC win Futsal Cup  (Read 1624 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Boys team representing DRFC win Futsal Cup
« on May 25, 2018, 08:38:23 am by steve@dcfd »
http://www.clubdoncasterfoundation.co.uk/news/selby-high-national-champions/

By the way this is not the big announcement and non of the boys are part of the signings this summer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bezza

• Forum Member
Re: Boys team representing DRFC win Futsal Cup
« Reply #1 on May 25, 2018, 08:49:01 am by Bezza »
to come out winners from 512 teams is no mean feat, well done boys.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 25, 2018, 12:30:53 pm by Nudga »
Futsal is huge in Portugal, Spain, Brazil. This country is way behind with that.
The most creative players played Futsal as kids.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 25, 2018, 09:12:42 pm by RedJ »
Futsal is more about technical ability than athleticism as well, is the ball not heavier or something? the fact that it's big in Spain or Brazil doesn't surprise me one bit.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 25, 2018, 10:29:19 pm by Nudga »
The ball doesn't bounce and is slightly heavier. The rules of Futsal are quicker with a 4 second rule for kicks ins, free kicks etc. Players see more of the ball have a higher percentage of touches of the ball than in football. There's less time to dilly dally so decision making has to be quicker too.
There's more emphasis on individual skill where pannas (or nutmegs in our speak) are just as coveted as a goal.

My u10s play Futsal every Monday, we have all kinds of music blasting out too and it's brought my kids on no end.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 26, 2018, 07:58:56 am by Alickismyhero »
I strongly recommend that all supporters go along and watch teams playing futsal. My two grandsons have been playing futsal for the last two years and what a difference to their standard of football. Their coach is Rob Ursall played for Wimbledon, and was the captain of the England Futsal team, a fantastic coach. If you watch the clips of film on youtube you will be impressed. The down side! its expensive.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 10:18:54 pm by Alickismyhero »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 26, 2018, 08:20:46 am by idler »
Anything that teaches or hones natural skill should be funded massively by the FA and Premier League. Once kids are older you can then start to teach them the importance of strength and stamina to harness to the skills perfected in earlier years. The lack of a basic touch or vision is embarrassing watching some of the adult professionals in the English game.
The other thing is that the kids can learn in a fun environment and hopefully no pushy parents berating a referee and junior opposition players.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 26, 2018, 02:03:00 pm by Alickismyhero »
Sadly Idler you still get some coaches over reacting and that's why I like Rob Ersel absolutely superb and I say that from the 22years I was involved with youth football locally.

I don't know why Rob doesn't coach at league level because I have no doubt he is good enough. The futsal teams in our area have good contacts with league clubs in fact in our team we have 4 players at Luton now even though Watford is closer and having talked to the boys fathers they all prefer the Luton set up.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 27, 2018, 10:10:33 am by idler »
I was talking to a guy from Penistone on holiday last week. His grandson was on Man Us books from the age of 9.
He was told at 19 that he was no longer needed. He's got a big Range Rover, was on £1,500 a week and had an Addidas card that allowed him to spend up to £20,000 a year on Addidas products.
That is the obscenity of modern football. Let the kids enjoy it and learn and we might even end up with better and more balanced teenage footballers.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 29, 2018, 11:54:52 am by Alan Southstand »
Well done to all the lads taking part - a big achievement. A few 'one for the future' s in amongst them, no doubt.
Tremendous to watch and high octane stuff. Well worth a trip to watch, if you've never been to the finals before.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012