Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 09:22:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Scum v shrews  (Read 5118 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Scum v shrews
« Reply #30 on May 28, 2018, 11:29:31 am by RedJ »
Get a life you sad Kitson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Friendly Miller

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 28, 2018, 11:53:22 am by Friendly Miller »
This moron doesn't speak for us all, I have my doubts he's even a Miller, he said "boring for them" whereas a genuine Miller would've put "boring for us" probably just a keyboard warrior troll.

Anyway lads & lasses good luck for next season hopefully yourselves and Barnsley can come up and we can somehow defy the odds and stay up and have all 5 S Yorks teams in the championship.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:55:53 am by Friendly Miller »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 28, 2018, 12:19:20 pm by Jonathan »
This moron doesn't speak for us all, I have my doubts he's even a Miller, he said "boring for them" whereas a genuine Miller would've put "boring for us" probably just a keyboard warrior troll.

Anyway lads & lasses good luck for next season hopefully yourselves and Barnsley can come up and we can somehow defy the odds and stay up and have all 5 S Yorks teams in the championship.

To be fair the sniping over attendances is all bit irrelevant.

We are what we are (that goes for both clubs). Battling against wider apathy in the region, and always in the shadow of the bigger clubs in the vicinity. We’d all like bigger crowds but it seems like a tough ask to get them in and keep them.

Both ourselves and Rotherham attract similar numbers and then when there’s a big game you rely on more people than normal showing a bit of an interest. If only the hardcore went then there’d be circa 6k there and passing judgement based on the rest that jump on board is a bit pointless. Those that it really matters to will have a great day out regardless, as I’m sure Friendly Miller and the rest did yesterday.

I really wanted Shrewsbury to win as I love the rivalry and the big games with Rotherham. It’s what football is about and now we have to go without that next season which is a blow. But Rotherham were by far the better team on the day and, as hard as it is for any Rovers fan to admit it, they deserved it.

As for Omar Beckles that played for Shrewsbury. Crikey. What was going on?! Truly dreadful.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 12:22:47 pm by Jonathan »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 28, 2018, 01:08:19 pm by pib »
I don't get the attendance bashing either. What does it matter whether you take 3000 or 30000 to Wembley as long as the people that go enjoy it and get to see their team play at Wembley?

The beauty of football is that the leagues aren't completely based on club size or attendances, and every so often smaller clubs can upset the apple cart. How much duller would it be if that didn't happen.

I don't know whether the facts back this up but it does seem harder for clubs like us to attract supporters these days. We took about 24k to Wembley in 2008 but I very much doubt we would take anywhere near that now. I wonder why that is?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 28, 2018, 03:10:36 pm by wesisback »
One thing I noticed yesterday was how much better both teams were at set pieces than ourselves. I know it requires the right set of players for certain set pieces but every time either side took a free kick or a corner it looked well rehearsed and dangerous.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 28, 2018, 04:10:22 pm by drfchound »
I reckon we will be more dangerous at free kicks and corners next season with Anderson and Butler in our team.

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 28, 2018, 04:34:50 pm by Boomstick »
I reckon we will be more dangerous at free kicks and corners next season with Anderson and Butler in our team.
they were in our team last season mate

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 28, 2018, 04:38:37 pm by Jonathan »

For all of two games

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 29, 2018, 07:41:26 pm by drfchound »

For all of two games

Boom, stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012