Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:15:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 892364 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13350 on August 22, 2021, 10:32:57 pm by SydneyRover »
Blackpool, you didn’t suggest we close our borders be closed until the virus has gone did you?

Yep, spot on there hound if we'd had closed the borders to those coming from India it could have prevented thousands getting delta virus, too slow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13351 on August 22, 2021, 10:39:04 pm by bpoolrover »
Blackpool, you didn’t suggest we close our borders be closed until the virus has gone did you?

Yep, spot on there hound if we'd had closed the borders to those coming from India it could have prevented thousands getting delta virus, too slow.
are your borders not closed to everyone? As above you can't close borders immediately there is a variant of interest, yes he could have possibly closed it quicker but the delta one was already here before that so it might have slowed it down a little that's it

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13352 on August 22, 2021, 10:44:11 pm by SydneyRover »

are your borders not closed to everyone? As above you can't close borders immediately there is a variant of interest, yes he could have possibly closed it quicker but the delta one was already here before that so it might have slowed it down a little that's it

He designated Pakistan and Bangladesh as Red Zones and the virus wasn't as bad there, go figure, work out the answer with hound and get back to me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13353 on August 22, 2021, 10:46:04 pm by drfchound »
“Sydney still obsessed with hound” shock.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13354 on August 22, 2021, 10:50:30 pm by SydneyRover »
hound still obsessed with his own navel ..... shock, just a bit of fluff aye

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13355 on August 22, 2021, 11:00:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

But we DID close our border to people coming from Pakistan and Bangladesh in April, due to fears of the Delta virus. But we chose not to block travel from India which, as was well known at the time, Delta was already well established.

A few days later we signed a small trade deal with India. Coincidence, of course.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13356 on August 23, 2021, 09:28:14 pm by bpoolrover »

He designated Pakistan and Bangladesh as Red Zones and the virus wasn't as bad there, go figure, work out the answer with hound and get back to me.
you seem to know everything syd, all you seem to do is read papers ect all day and quote little snippets out of them, I doubt you actually ever leave the house and see the real world

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13357 on August 23, 2021, 10:14:08 pm by SydneyRover »

you seem to know everything syd, all you seem to do is read papers ect all day and quote little snippets out of them, I doubt you actually ever leave the house and see the real world

It's better than getting from the beano bp, and here you are telling me all about myself bp cheers

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13358 on August 23, 2021, 11:55:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Still astonishing how Trump support and anti-vax attitudes go hand in hand in America.

Meanwhile, the Trump supporting Southern states like Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Florida and Alabama are seeing daily cases and in some cases, deaths per capita head towards or overtake the worst we saw last winter.

Just madness. And so unnecessary.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13359 on August 23, 2021, 11:58:18 pm by SydneyRover »
There maybe signs of the tide turning Billy, at a rally the other day trump (yes trump) was telling them all to get vaccinated 'like I did' and they booed him.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13360 on August 24, 2021, 06:55:24 am by dickos1 »

Nonsense
The delta variant is popping up everywhere now, we had it early doors but unless you’re implying countries should keep the borders closed for ever, then it’s not the solution.
As soon as New Zealand, Australia etc relax their borders they’re going to go the same way as we did.
All they’re doing is delaying the inevitable

Look at America, everybody lauded them for not having much of the delta at the beginning now it’s spreading like wildfire 115k new cases yesterday and ober 400 deaths
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:11:25 am by dickos1 »

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13361 on August 24, 2021, 07:15:06 am by River Don »
The roll out of a booster shot is bringing Covid levels down amongst over 50s in Israel. It's not clear whether this booster is engineered to provide protection against Delta but I'd expect it must be.

They've decided to roll it out to over 40s now.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/aug/24/coronavirus-live-news-hawaii-governor-wants-to-curb-travel-israel-boosters-beating-delta

So that leaves us with the dilemma, should we protect our own first or send more vaccine abroad.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 07:19:12 am by River Don »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13362 on August 24, 2021, 08:00:14 am by SydneyRover »

Nonsense
The delta variant is popping up everywhere now, we had it early doors but unless you’re implying countries should keep the borders closed for ever, then it’s not the solution.
As soon as New Zealand, Australia etc relax their borders they’re going to go the same way as we did.
All they’re doing is delaying the inevitable

Look at America, everybody lauded them for not having much of the delta at the beginning now it’s spreading like wildfire 115k new cases yesterday and ober 400 deaths

Oh dickos, ask yourself why we had it early doors, do you reckon it was anything to with the Indian community returning to the Manchester area and surrounds. Where were the biggest case loads very early doors?

While you're searching your memory banks have a look for where I suggested locking down forever, get yourself another straight-man.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13363 on August 24, 2021, 08:56:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What would you do now Sydney and for the coming months?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13364 on August 24, 2021, 09:14:47 am by SydneyRover »

That wasn't the question pud, you tell me, I was saying that johnson was glacially slow to act would you like to comment on that?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13365 on August 24, 2021, 09:35:45 am by drfchound »
The roll out of a booster shot is bringing Covid levels down amongst over 50s in Israel. It's not clear whether this booster is engineered to provide protection against Delta but I'd expect it must be.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2021/aug/24/coronavirus-live-news-hawaii-governor-wants-to-curb-travel-israel-boosters-beating-delta

So that leaves us with the dilemma, should we protect our own first or send more vaccine abroad.

I think booster jabs are inevitable RD for the foreseeable future.
Whether we protect ourselves first or send it abroad is a good question but whichever way that goes there will be an opportunity for criticism from some people.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13366 on August 24, 2021, 09:47:38 am by SydneyRover »

Whether we protect ourselves first or send it abroad is a good question but whichever way that goes there will be an opportunity for criticism from some people.

What would you do hound?

• VSC Member
« Reply #13367 on August 24, 2021, 10:56:56 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

That wasn't the question pud, you tell me, I was saying that johnson was glacially slow to act would you like to comment on that?

You didn't ask me a question I asked you one? It's easy to say you wouldn't do something afterwards but what would you do for the rest of this year?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13368 on August 24, 2021, 11:06:04 am by SydneyRover »

You didn't ask me a question I asked you one? It's easy to say you wouldn't do something afterwards but what would you do for the rest of this year?

I'd say include India in the red zone along with Pakistan and Bangladesh and then take it from there pud, what would you do.

I would have followed the science followed the findings from Cygnus, locked down earlier at each crisis point until the vaccine rollout was completed as far as possible and wouldn't have freedom days nor eat out to get covid all that stuff, then maybe more mums, dads, grandparents, friends and neighbours would be still alive today and not so many people would have long covid. I would have allowed the purpose built entity to source all the ppe instead of giving the contracts to my chums and then maybe 600 medical stall would not have died pud. That's what I would have done, if you want to know what happens next ask those that supported johnson and those that still do, now we back at 100 deaths a day.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 11:23:20 am by SydneyRover »

• VSC Member
« Reply #13369 on August 24, 2021, 03:02:14 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
So in answer to my question, bar preventing a few other bits of travel would you do anything else?  You've mainly talked past not future.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13370 on August 24, 2021, 04:04:42 pm by Axholme Lion »
So in answer to my question, bar preventing a few other bits of travel would you do anything else?  You've mainly talked past not future.

A bit like Keir Starmer. He's good at pointing out errors others make in hindsight but has no ideas of his own.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13371 on August 24, 2021, 06:02:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

A bit like Keir Starmer. He's good at pointing out errors others make in hindsight but has no ideas of his own.

Just ridiculous how this "Captain Hindsight" concept has taken hold. It shows how easily some folk can be led if they aren't prepared to engage their own brains.

For the record, here's a quick list off the top of my head of things that Starmer and the Labour party was saying we should do AT THE TIME that the Govt was f**king up on its decisions.

1) April 2021 - Restrict travel from India
2) December 2020 - Toughen up regulations over Xmas
3) November 2020 - Impose stricter restrictions than the Tier system.
4) October 2020 - Bring in sharp lockdown to slow down the outbreak.

On 2, Johnson criticised Starmer AT THE TIME for wanting to "cancel Xmas". Instead we delayed toughening restrictions and the number of cases and deaths (and the length of the inevitable lockdown when it finally did come) increased threefold.

On 4, the Tories were putting out adverts throughout October saying that Labour was the party who wanted lockdowns. The eventually they had to impose a lockdown. And then Johnson started calling Starmer "Captain Hindsight" for only criticising Govt action after the event.

All of what I have said above is established fact. You can inform yourself about it in 5 mins if you really want to. But I don't think you really want to, do you?

You are being treated like a brainless idiot by this "Hindsight" line. They assume you are too thick to realise you're being mislead.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13372 on August 24, 2021, 06:36:55 pm by belton rover »
 ‘It shows how easily some folk can be led if they aren't prepared to engage their own brains.’

This is so true.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13373 on August 24, 2021, 07:13:58 pm by selby »
 All you have to do is look at some of the peoples past posts about successive leaders of the Labour Party and how they have been sucked in to follow the leader for examples of that Belton, there has been some right educated idiots on show,

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13374 on August 24, 2021, 10:08:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I doubt there has ever been such evidence of confusing education with intelligence. It is complete confirmation that you can have a degree and still be an idiot.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 10:12:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13375 on August 24, 2021, 10:20:02 pm by bpoolrover »

I'd say include India in the red zone along with Pakistan and Bangladesh and then take it from there pud, what would you do.

I would have followed the science followed the findings from Cygnus, locked down earlier at each crisis point until the vaccine rollout was completed as far as possible and wouldn't have freedom days nor eat out to get covid all that stuff, then maybe more mums, dads, grandparents, friends and neighbours would be still alive today and not so many people would have long covid. I would have allowed the purpose built entity to source all the ppe instead of giving the contracts to my chums and then maybe 600 medical stall would not have died pud. That's what I would have done, if you want to know what happens next ask those that supported johnson and those that still do, now we back at 100 deaths a day.
whose science would you have followed sage? Or Indy sage?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13376 on August 24, 2021, 10:29:27 pm by SydneyRover »

A small child could see exactly what was happening in other countries that were ahead of us it wouldn't have taken a lot to do better, it's a pity we didn't have someone with the brains of a small child in charge aye bp?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13377 on August 24, 2021, 10:32:28 pm by SydneyRover »

What would you do hound?

Are you going to answer this or just shit stir, and wind up just like your mentor.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13378 on August 24, 2021, 10:34:34 pm by bpoolrover »

A small child could see exactly what was happening in other countries that were ahead of us it wouldn't have taken a lot to do better, it's a pity we didn't have someone with the brains of a small child in charge aye bp?
are you going to answer my question syd or just be rude and insult people as usual? You said you would follow the science whose science as there are many with different views?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13379 on August 24, 2021, 10:36:54 pm by SydneyRover »
I'm just going to be rude today just like you are a lot of the time when you insult people's intelligence bp.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012