Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:09:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??  (Read 56611 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Fan ejected at back of east stand ??
« Reply #90 on November 27, 2015, 03:35:10 pm by Filo »
wasn't at game but if this is the same incident I was told then surly the fan involved with all his so called training knows that pushing a steward in the chest is classed as assault and is an ejection
I hope it got caught on cctv so the truth can come out either way

A few of your past posts touch on stewarding, are you part of the stewarding team?

A few of your past posts touch on football, are you a footballer?

I have n't just made 20 posts in 3 years!

It's a reasonable question, because if the poster is connected to the stewarding team he shouldn't be contributing whilst there appears to be an investigation going on

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 27, 2015, 03:53:22 pm by STABNASTY »
It was my family that the idiot knocked and I was privvy to the jumped up Barstewards every word on his headset to the control room. It was evident from the conversation the CCTV was homed in on Martin. When Martin refused to be intimidated by his threats he was on the headset with "he is being cocky with me, i'm not having it" we also had "Do you know who I am and what I could do to you?". All the time he was getting more irate. Martin pushed him away after he suddenly  lunged across us knocking me,  my son and my dad who was on the row infront in a violent attempt to grab Martins phone. He said "Thats it your going out now" and was straight on to the control room with "Did you see thast , Did you see that?".
I pointed out to him that it was him that he was in the wrong and I was told to shut up and stay out of it if you know whats good for you.
I have been going to the Rovers for 37 Years and my own group have 11 season tickets next to Martins group , I have sponsored events, sponsored the half time draw, had boxes and advertising boards over the years but as Rovers Return says in the light of what has happened I am seriously considering cutting all ties with the club if this doesn't get sorted and sorted swiftly.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on November 27, 2015, 03:56:41 pm by Filo »
It was my family that the idiot knocked and I was privvy to the jumped up Barstewards every word on his headset to the control room. It was evident from the conversation the CCTV was homed in on Martin. When Martin refused to be intimidated by his threats he was on the headset with "he is being cocky with me, i'm not having it" we also had "Do you know who I am and what I could do to you?". All the time he was getting more irate. Martin pushed him away after he suddenly  lunged across us knocking me,  my son and my dad who was on the row infront in a violent attempt to grab Martins phone. He said "Thats it your going out now" and was straight on to the control room with "Did you see thast , Did you see that?".
I pointed out to him that it was him that he was in the wrong and I was told to shut up and stay out of it if you know whats good for you.
I have been going to the Rovers for 37 Years and my own group have 11 season tickets next to Martins group , I have sponsored events, sponsored the half time draw, had boxes and advertising boards over the years but as Rovers Return says in the light of what has happened I am seriously considering cutting all ties with the club if this doesn't get sorted and sorted swiftly.

So was it a regular steward or an SIA meathead?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 27, 2015, 04:19:40 pm by wesisback »
Wow. There has certainly been a can of worms opened but we do need to put the situation into a bit of perspective.
I suppose I should start by saying I'm really dissapointed in this situation occurring. Especially as it's not the first time it's occurred this season. I recall a few on this very forum not being as lenient on Neil when he had a similar situation yet let me reassure you, as the witness to that event from start to finish that was handled equally poorly and in the same fashion, there was a lot of goading and inflammatory behavior that was just waiting for a reaction.
However some of the reactions on here are potentially going a bit too far. The club employ over 100 staff at least and there is clearly a few that should have the buck stop at their feet for this occurring again.
However we've somehow managed to find criticism of the marketing and communication which regardless of the opinion of the few, has grossly improved over the last 12 months and the CEO who I believe has shifted the Pub Team set up off the pitch and made us a club that by and large operate in the right way.
Without a response from the club it's very hard to make a judgement on what's going on but my biggest concern, the same as with Neils ejection, is that I simply refuse to believe that they didn't know who Martin or Neil was in the control room and don't feel it could have been dealt with better than sending an ejection team to deal with it. There should be no special privileges - it should he the norm that as a club that prides itself on fan engagement, they try and rectify it with bouncers in a club coat.
To see some suggesting they aren't sure about attending anymore over this incident is absolutely crazy. Both Martin and Neil are Rovers mad and I've no doubt are aware that incidents of rash decision making and the wrong call at the wrong time occur. It's now over to the club to investigate properly and reassurances that an incident like this doesn't occur for any supporter in that Stadium.
Realistically Martin being the victim on this occasion is one of the most productive things that can happen as anyone who knows Martin will guarantee that this will be fought.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 27, 2015, 04:24:18 pm by IDM »
 :that:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on November 27, 2015, 04:32:50 pm by Filo »
Wes, I was one who made sarcastic remarks about Neils ejection, and not trying to make excuses or justify my comments, my comments were made probly with previous events and actions in mind, it was wrong of me to do that and I aplogise to Neil for that. After stepping back a little and taking stock you realise that sometimes events start to control you and you get carried away with them, I and a few others I dare say just want to support our team in an enjoyable environment and credit goes to people such as yourself and Martin for championing the fans cause. I hope this gets resolved qiuckly and with the right result and if anything good comes out of it I hope it can bring fans from all side closer together for the benefit of all.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 27, 2015, 04:36:43 pm by STABNASTY »
Filo it was the bloke with Chief Steward on his coat.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 27, 2015, 04:41:21 pm by Filo »
So that would make him a regular steward and a club employee, like Wes has said, I find it hard to believe he didn't know who he was ejecting. On the face of it and considering Neils ejection a few weeks ago it's hard to get away from thinking that those two ejections were targeted

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 27, 2015, 04:49:24 pm by goalkick »
Why would anybody do this?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on November 27, 2015, 04:50:10 pm by Mike_F »
If it's the one I'm thinking of he's the same bloke who spearheaded my symbolic ejection from the Darlo JPT game in the first season at the KMS too. It's being going on for far too long.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on November 27, 2015, 04:50:42 pm by Mike_F »
P.S. Good to have you back on here, Wes.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on November 27, 2015, 04:54:51 pm by Rovers Return »
Wow. There has certainly been a can of worms opened but we do need to put the situation into a bit of perspective.
I suppose I should start by saying I'm really dissapointed in this situation occurring. Especially as it's not the first time it's occurred this season. I recall a few on this very forum not being as lenient on Neil when he had a similar situation yet let me reassure you, as the witness to that event from start to finish that was handled equally poorly and in the same fashion, there was a lot of goading and inflammatory behavior that was just waiting for a reaction.
However some of the reactions on here are potentially going a bit too far. The club employ over 100 staff at least and there is clearly a few that should have the buck stop at their feet for this occurring again.
However we've somehow managed to find criticism of the marketing and communication which regardless of the opinion of the few, has grossly improved over the last 12 months and the CEO who I believe has shifted the Pub Team set up off the pitch and made us a club that by and large operate in the right way.
Without a response from the club it's very hard to make a judgement on what's going on but my biggest concern, the same as with Neils ejection, is that I simply refuse to believe that they didn't know who Martin or Neil was in the control room and don't feel it could have been dealt with better than sending an ejection team to deal with it. There should be no special privileges - it should he the norm that as a club that prides itself on fan engagement, they try and rectify it with bouncers in a club coat.
To see some suggesting they aren't sure about attending anymore over this incident is absolutely crazy. Both Martin and Neil are Rovers mad and I've no doubt are aware that incidents of rash decision making and the wrong call at the wrong time occur. It's now over to the club to investigate properly and reassurances that an incident like this doesn't occur for any supporter in that Stadium.
Realistically Martin being the victim on this occasion is one of the most productive things that can happen as anyone who knows Martin will guarantee that this will be fought.

Hi WESISBACK,

I don't know you or your personal circumstances but, Do you have your kids with you? I do and when it happens in and around your family you have to question if you want to expose them to that enviroment when you can be enjoying your time elsewhere. I felt physically sick the other night witnessing what unfolded in front of me. I've been in some hairy situations home and abroad in my years following football and quite a few caused by the local police or/and the bully tactics of stewards. If you are of any age and were around in the sixties, seventies, and eighties you will know what I mean. We can't allow that sort of stewarding, we just can't stand there and ignore it. Do I feel like chucking in my season ticket and my families? Yes I do if I have to put up with that sort of stewarding at........wait for it........Doncaster 'Bloody' Rovers.....not Millwall,Lazio,Leeds........It's the year 2015 for god's sake not 1977.

Twinkletoes

« Reply #102 on November 27, 2015, 05:05:21 pm by Twinkletoes »
The more I read about this on here, two questions are at the forefront of my mind. The first being, do I want to be associated with this club? And, was this a targeted attack by the stewards? The answer to the first will come later when we see the outcome of it all, the answer to the second without doubt is yes!! Reading the other posts it would be impossible for it to be anything else!!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on November 27, 2015, 05:07:07 pm by RedJ »
You just have to wonder what the motive is really. If it is targeted, then why?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 27, 2015, 05:16:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
Although neither incident warrants being kicked out, and certainly not in the manner that was witnessed on both occasions, I do think it's ok to treat each situation on their own merits as they were by different fans in different parts of the ground. Add to the fact how long Martin has been going to the Rovers, how long he has been a season ticker holder and the fact he is 60 (sorry Martin!) I think it's plain to see every part of what happened in his case was OTT. Like I said, I'm not discounting what has happened previously, but I'm not surprised that this incident has seemingly attracted more attention.

Rigo - I don't think it's appropriate to get the local press involved, and like you said they might not even be interested, but if they did mention it online or in the rag the club would be soley responsible for any negative publicity thereafter.

RedJ - A very interesting question, and one that has been alluded to already. I sincerely hope the club aren't playing these sorts of games, although I doubt it with Gavin in charge and his established relationship with Martin.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 27, 2015, 05:20:16 pm by roversontheup »
There is understandably much outpouring of anger on here but as few of us actually witnessed what happened I think we need to give Martin and the club the time to resolve this before we all make knee jerk/emotive reactions.

Every fan should be treated the same regardless of what position they may or may not hold. I expect the club to deal with this in the correct manner and take appropriate action against anyone found guilty of wrongdoing. That said, if they fail to act in the proper manner then I don't know of anyone better placed than Martin to take them to task!

It's left a sour taste in all our mouths but its now all about how the club deal with it. Let's hope justice prevails and we are all satisfied with the outcome.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on November 27, 2015, 05:25:30 pm by DRFC »
Although neither incident warrants being kicked out, and certainly not in the manner that was witnessed on both occasions, I do think it's ok to treat each situation on their own merits as they were by different fans in different parts of the ground. Add to the fact how long Martin has been going to the Rovers, how long he has been a season ticker holder and the fact he is 60 (sorry Martin!) I think it's plain to see every part of what happened in his case was OTT.

What difference should it make what stand, who the supporter is or how long they've been going? A wrongful ejection is a wrongful ejection and I'd like to think that all fans and supporters groups would be as outraged as they are regardless of who the individual was?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #107 on November 27, 2015, 05:30:30 pm by wesisback »

Hi WESISBACK,

I don't know you or your personal circumstances but, Do you have your kids with you? I do and when it happens in and around your family you have to question if you want to expose them to that enviroment when you can be enjoying your time elsewhere. I felt physically sick the other night witnessing what unfolded in front of me. I've been in some hairy situations home and abroad in my years following football and quite a few caused by the local police or/and the bully tactics of stewards. If you are of any age and were around in the sixties, seventies, and eighties you will know what I mean. We can't allow that sort of stewarding, we just can't stand there and ignore it. Do I feel like chucking in my season ticket and my families? Yes I do if I have to put up with that sort of stewarding at........wait for it........Doncaster 'Bloody' Rovers.....not Millwall,Lazio,Leeds........It's the year 2015 for god's sake not 1977.
You have misconstrued me slightly. If you have been an innocent person involved in this then you are as much a victim as Martin. Particlarly as this was near the family section, you would expect that a different approach could have been attempted before eviction.
However from being in the East Stand you will no doubt see the work the club has done to make games more palatable for younger fans.
I took my 4 year old for his first game last year and moved out of my usual South Stand seat and tried the Family Stand and was very happy with what was put on for kids. I've recommended it to loads of people since who have also raved about it (including non Rovers fans).
These incidents happen very scarcely at Rovers (I'd like them never to happen in an ideal world) and we need to give the club time to be looking at all footage and statements and ensuring the right decision is made for those affected.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on November 27, 2015, 05:31:25 pm by roversontheup »
The club are responsible for these stewards. My previous post wanted to see how the club dealt with it. Why let the press wild with this before the club have been able to do that? Bad publicity could take a long time to overcome.

We have so many positive things going on at the club at the moment. Let's not spoil it too soon. Give the club a chance. If they fail to deal with it then yes take it to another level.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on November 27, 2015, 05:50:59 pm by Dagenham Rover »

RedJ - A very interesting question, and one that has been alluded to already. I sincerely hope the club aren't playing these sorts of games, although I doubt it with Gavin in charge and his established relationship with Martin.

I don't think the problem is with Gavin etc, the problem appears to be down the chain a bit Chief Steward/ matchday control room, they are the ones making these decisions they don't ask Gavins permission first

« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:24:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on November 27, 2015, 05:56:18 pm by Copps is Magic »
If the club are after suggestions I can tell them immediately they should get rid of the bouncer type stewards and use the blueprint that has developed in the South Stand. Even the dress code of stewards seems to have slowly changed over the last 5 years or so to the point that they all dress like bouncers and wear the old arm band I'm a registered bouncer thing.

It's football at the Keepmoat, late-middle-aged men and 13 year old dressers, what are they expecting?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on November 27, 2015, 06:27:55 pm by RobTheRover »
This is where a good relationship with a local paper would be advantageous.

If the local paper ran a story on it, and the club essentially faced the prospect of receiving bad press which could damage their reputation, they would most likely be quick to want to make amends and get things sorted out.

Whether the local paper would want to do it, given certain differences with the VSC in the past, is another matter though.

I've shared comms with Liam and Paul since then. There is no issue. But that's not the way to resolve this.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on November 27, 2015, 06:52:49 pm by i_ateallthepies »

I'd say it's a good way to get a result - a bit of negative publicity (i.e. stewards being threatening in the family section, upsetting kiddies, multiple witnesses, etc) and the club will want it brushed under the carpet and forgotten about as soon as possible to protect their own reputation.

It still all reverts back to egos and a 'because I can' type mentality of some folk though.

That doesn't sound like the view of someone with any regard for the best interests of our football club.

PDS

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on November 27, 2015, 06:57:41 pm by PDS »
If the club are after suggestions I can tell them immediately they should get rid of the bouncer type stewards and use the blueprint that has developed in the South Stand. Even the dress code of stewards seems to have slowly changed over the last 5 years or so to the point that they all dress like bouncers and wear the old arm band I'm a registered bouncer thing.

It's football at the Keepmoat, late-middle-aged men and 13 year old dressers, what are they expecting?

Always remind me of a Judas Priest tribute act as they stroll around the perimiter. Shaved head and goatee? Strereotype or what! Completely laughable. But mob handed it doesn't matter what they look like

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on November 27, 2015, 07:00:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just reading this thread and the accounts of the incident, it really makes my blood boil. If the Neil incident wasn't bad enough, and good enough to identify inappropriate stewarding, then we have this.

Seems someone thinks they call the shots at the stadium and are making decisions from their own rule book. Not for much longer I hope.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on November 27, 2015, 07:26:59 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Thanks for your explanation of the way newspaper publicity works Rigo, I so much needed your help with that.

Certainly, from the accounts of those who witnessed it it seems clear that those chosen to represent the club have done the club no favours.  As others have said, let's see what the club does about it before thinking about doing something that is to the detriment of everyone with an attachment to Doncaster Rovers which of course would include Martin.  And equally would exclude you.

DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on November 27, 2015, 07:41:37 pm by DRFC »
Matter of interest what side do you "support" these days, Rigo?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on November 27, 2015, 08:05:34 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Happy to oblige.

critch243

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on November 27, 2015, 08:46:31 pm by critch243 »
Although neither incident warrants being kicked out, and certainly not in the manner that was witnessed on both occasions, I do think it's ok to treat each situation on their own merits as they were by different fans in different parts of the ground. Add to the fact how long Martin has been going to the Rovers, how long he has been a season ticker holder and the fact he is 60 (sorry Martin!) I think it's plain to see every part of what happened in his case was OTT. Like I said, I'm not discounting what has happened previously, but I'm not surprised that this incident has seemingly attracted more attention.

Rigo - I don't think it's appropriate to get the local press involved, and like you said they might not even be interested, but if they did mention it online or in the rag the club would be soley responsible for any negative publicity thereafter.

Rob what is your view on Neils Eviction? serious question. Before ya have a pop I believe Martin was from what I've read n been told unjustly treated

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on November 27, 2015, 08:50:46 pm by BobG »
Stop it guys! All of you. From all the strife last Tuesday we have a one tme opprtunity to restore at least a little respect, generosity of spirit and fellow feeling. Rigo offered a suggestion. It's a perfectly reasonable suggestion. if you think it's not appropriate right now then no problem with you saying so. But the snide remarks that accompanied some of those rejections of the idea are simply pathetic. Grow up for Gods sake.

As for Rigo's idea, this thread is full of comments pointing out that the club has clearly done nothing at all since Neil's ejection. So I suspect waiting around for the club to 'do something' won't show much more of a result this time around. So I'd go to the press. Force their hand. It's pretty damn newsworthy stuff.

BobG
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 08:52:58 pm by BobG »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012